ImageImageImageImage

Gerald Wallace

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#21 » by Bucs80 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:40 pm

thEthIEf wrote:the Bobcats had a good off season, they got him what, 6 years $57m (which i still think might be a little high, he's definitely earning it right now), they signed Carroll to some kind of crazy 6 year $25m deal, they got Richardson and they drafted Dudley, who I thought MIGHT become a decent NBA guy...now if only they could ship Okafor off...

The way he plays, and being the 2nd option. He would still manage to get 20+ points.

Plus the fact you know he can control your offense when Dwight Howard is out. Rashard can't do that, neither can turkoglu.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#22 » by flyingvee » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:08 pm

MagicalMan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

did we have a starting pf when we signed Rashard?

We had Battie but we knew he was a better off the bench player than a starter. And we had Darko whom we let go to get Lewis. Technically at the time we had Turk, Hill and Ariza at SF. So rather than try to work a trade and be creative to get a real PF or PG we get another useless one-dimensional SF.

he Suns comparison is because we are trying to play small ball like they are, with no real PF. Marion is a 6'7 SF who happens to rebound well but is no PF. Which is why the Suns haven't advanced to the Finals yet.

Basically come opening day Otis knew we were thin in the frontcourt. I thought we were thin last year with Dwight, Darko and Battie, felt we needed a 4th body. So not only do we let go Darko, faulted as he may be in order to sign this once in a lifetime superstar named Lewis, but Otis doesn't even make an effort to fill the void left by Darko and then Battie.
TooNice00
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by TooNice00 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:26 pm

Bucs80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The way he plays, and being the 2nd option. He would still manage to get 20+ points.

Plus the fact you know he can control your offense when Dwight Howard is out. Rashard can't do that, neither can turkoglu.

uh wallace can't control no offense. he is turnover prone and takes dumb shots. if he could control an offense the bobcats wouldn't suck and sam vincent wouldn't think they need a veteran point guard to run the offense.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#24 » by MagicNolesFSU » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Yeah if i wanted some1 to take 30 shots (by the third quarter) and completely dominate the ball every game.

We made the right choice.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#25 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:08 pm

well lets not fool ourselves too much here, Wallace is a VASTLY improved shooter over the last 2 seasons and is even night and day this year from last...far more reliable in that dept. than in past seasons...
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#26 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:23 pm

thEthIEf wrote:well lets not fool ourselves too much here, Wallace is a VASTLY improved shooter over the last 2 seasons and is even night and day this year from last...far more reliable in that dept. than in past seasons...

He surprised me with his improvement. But does he take good shots though?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#27 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:27 pm

that is the flip side of the coin Hec...just like anything else really...

i will say this, he has the potential to out Wade, Wade at getting to the basket and finishing with the and 1, because most of them are dunks...he even gets a lot of fouls on put back dunks and tips, which you hardly EVER see...

it just boils down to health with him when it comes to how long he can help you out...
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#28 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:32 pm

thEthIEf wrote:that is the flip side of the coin Hec...just like anything else really...

i will say this, he has the potential to out Wade, Wade at getting to the basket and finishing with the and 1, because most of them are dunks...he even gets a lot of fouls on put back dunks and tips, which you hardly EVER see...

it just boils down to health with him when it comes to how long he can help you out...

As many have noted, his game is predicated, for the most part, on his athleticism. He plays with reckless abandon at times, so the chances of him hurting himself and vastly cutting down his effectiveness is a real possibility.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#29 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:34 pm

which, in my eyes anyways further substantiates my Shard acceptance and defense...
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#30 » by Bucs80 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:35 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:Yeah if i wanted some1 to take 30 shots (by the third quarter) and completely dominate the ball every game.

We made the right choice.

If you were paying attention to the game.

He shot pretty well for the first 3 quarters. He pretty much used all his energy in the 3rd quarter and scored 16 points to pretty much put them back in the game. He was shotting 11-25 at that point at the end of the 3rd. Which is decent. And note the fact he was the only bobcat to score, and for them to win the game. He needed the ball in his hands. Which they did win the game.

if you pay attention to some Bobcat basketball. With the ball in his hands recently they have won 4/6 games. They beat Boston, and lost close to Detroit. The only problem with them losing is they don't have a legit big man.

Wallace, is refining his game. He has tried doing that to avoid injuries. Because he used athletism alot. Jumpshot is improving, and his all-around game is getting better.

Rashard maybe the better shooter, but Gerald Wallace is just a superior scorer.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#31 » by EasternMagic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:53 pm

i had many conversations with my friend about getting wallace also but i dont think he was as accessible and i still like rashard it wasnt his fault we lost last night hedo kept taking stupid shots when he was cold all night. we should have got the ball to shard more last night
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#32 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:55 pm

thEthIEf wrote:which, in my eyes anyways further substantiates my Shard acceptance and defense...

word
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,233

Post#33 » by amcoolio » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:57 pm

I would just like to point out that Wallace plays PF a lot better than Rashard plays PF, not to discredit Rashard at all. With Wallace (who is playing PF in this winning streak for Charlotte), you could line up Turk at the 3, Wallace at 4, and Howard at 5.

It doesn't matter, because I think your biggest problem is the lack of a starting 1 or 2 on your roster. You have a slew of quality off the bench guards, something I think Jameer and Felton both need to do before starting again - be the first combo guard off the bench.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#34 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:02 pm

well, there aren't very many teams that would put Wallace at the 4, Orlando probably being one of those teams...that's more of an experiment than a sound roster decision IMO...
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,233

Post#35 » by amcoolio » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:08 pm

You realize Wallace has been playing the 4 most of the last three seasons, right?
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#36 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:10 pm

for which teams?
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#37 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:33 pm

the Bobcats
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#38 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:43 pm

Precisely...
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#39 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:49 pm

You realize that after 3 years, it is no longer an experiment, but actually a full fledged position? Look at AK47 and Josh Smith. All these guys wreak havoc and defend the rim better than most. They are power forwards and deserved to be treated as such. We all saw what happened when they tried to force Andrei away from the paint last season...
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#40 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:53 pm

apparently i dont realize...that's why we're on about this...

Return to Orlando Magic