ImageImageImageImage

Gerald Wallace

Moderators: Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL

User avatar
mhectorgato
RealGM
Posts: 29,446
And1: 574
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Location: Finals Baby!
 

 

Post#61 » by mhectorgato » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Bucs80 wrote:Yeah, and the fact Hedo Turkoglu is playing Robin right now. What happens if his play goes back to what it was. You have a mediocre team. Rashard Lewis. He just 1 demensional player, it's been known ever since he came here. Him likely improving is 0.


Actually, pretty everybody that posts here that's seen him in Seattle, talks mostly about his post up game not being used here, along with his driving the lane and his mid-range jumper.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
Posts: 3,314
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 04, 2007

 

Post#62 » by MagicNolesFSU » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:15 pm

yeah thats bs. Shard has been one of my favorite players since his second year in the league. Hes a scorer not just a jump shooter. damn you have to give a guy AT LEAST a season to get fully acclimated into a offense and get comfortable within the offense and learn about everything he can utilize to fulfill his role.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
User avatar
Bucs80
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 28, 2005
Location: Magic City

 

Post#63 » by Bucs80 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:yeah thats bs. Shard has been one of my favorite players since his second year in the league. Hes a scorer not just a jump shooter. damn you have to give a guy AT LEAST a season to get fully acclimated into a offense and get comfortable within the offense and learn about everything he can utilize to fulfill his role.


:rofl:

You know why he scored 22 points a game in Seattle. Sonics sucked, and he took 18 shots a game. If he truly was a 2nd option, they would of had made the 8th seed. If he was supposedly a good sidekick. Luckily we had Hedo become 2nd option or we would be close to a mediocre team.

Anyways.... I've seen this guy in Seattle before, and a whole bunch of Sonics fans indicated this. That He post up and shoots 3's. That's what he has been doing. He has tried to be aggressive, but he misses easy lay-ups. When he drives he is like deshawn stevenson. Plus he looks so uncomtorable doing it. He constantly goes right with the ball. His driving ability pretty useless, or is merely crap.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
User avatar
EasternMagic
RealGM
Posts: 15,102
And1: 835
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: Orlando
     

 

Post#64 » by EasternMagic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Bucs80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Yeah, and the fact Hedo Turkoglu is playing Robin right now. What happens if his play goes back to what it was. You have a mediocre team. Rashard Lewis. He just 1 demensional player, it's been known ever since he came here. Him likely improving is 0.


the past 7 games hedo has been nothing but a robins egg and who stepped up? rashard
User avatar
EasternMagic
RealGM
Posts: 15,102
And1: 835
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: Orlando
     

 

Post#65 » by EasternMagic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:29 pm

Bucs80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



:rofl:

You know why he scored 22 points a game in Seattle. Sonics sucked, and he took 18 shots a game. If he truly was a 2nd option, they would of had made the 8th seed. If he was supposedly a good sidekick. Luckily we had Hedo become 2nd option or we would be close to a mediocre team.

Anyways.... I've seen this guy in Seattle before, and a whole bunch of Sonics fans indicated this. That He post up and shoots 3's. That's what he has been doing. He has tried to be aggressive, but he misses easy lay-ups. When he drives he is like deshawn stevenson. Plus he looks so uncomtorable doing it. He constantly goes right with the ball. His driving ability pretty useless, or is merely crap.


you keep making bad points about shard, and giving cookies to hedo. you dont think that having shard opening up the court has anything to do with hedo's success? cause it does. even when shard is playing bad hes still out there as a 3 point threat and thats opening the court for the rest of the team. as for missing easy layups ive rarely seen that and he's been driving to the lane pretty good these past few games. and hes clutch no matter how sucky of a game he has in the fourth he can always hit one or two when we need it.
User avatar
Bucs80
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 28, 2005
Location: Magic City

 

Post#66 » by Bucs80 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:45 am

EasternMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



the past 7 games hedo has been nothing but a robins egg and who stepped up? rashard


And what are the Magic the last 7 Games?

lost 5 of 7 ......

That's where Rashard Lewis argument is isn't really much of an argument. When Hedo dosen't play well. The team tends to lose. When Rashard dosen't they still manage to win games.

And that win against the Clippers, Hedo had 28 points. I swear, and everyone knows. That if he didn't play good in that final quarter. We would have lost.

EasternMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you keep making bad points about shard, and giving cookies to hedo. you dont think that having shard opening up the court has anything to do with hedo's success? cause it does. even when shard is playing bad hes still out there as a 3 point threat and thats opening the court for the rest of the team. as for missing easy layups ive rarely seen that and he's been driving to the lane pretty good these past few games. and hes clutch no matter how sucky of a game he has in the fourth he can always hit one or two when we need it.


And I'm giving Hedo Cookies because he has played better than Rashard so far in this point of the season. he has won us games, and has stepped up his game from what it was last year. It's evident if he dosen't play so good the team is crap. Look at the recent 7 games. We lost 5 out of those 7 games. Imagine if he didn't do that since the begginning. We would be under 500. Everyone knows that.

I like how you mention how Rashard has scored 20 points the last 5 games. But do you realize we lost 3/5 of those games? And without that Clippers game with Hedo scoring 28. Him scoring 20 was 1/4.

and his driving sucks... That Chicago game, is the only game where I saw him make all of his lay-ups. You must have lost most your memory of the season, where has missed floaters and lay-ups. I'm no going to deny it, he does open up for Hedo. But Hedo has played like this before. the Late portion of the 05-06 season, he averaged near 20 points.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
User avatar
EasternMagic
RealGM
Posts: 15,102
And1: 835
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: Orlando
     

 

Post#67 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:07 am

well if you cant see how he helps hedo you must be blind without shard on the floor hedo loses space not to mention hedo is playing in shards position and those games cant be blamed on shard and half the time when hedo plays bad he just keeps shooting which hurts us worse. in the charlotte game if hedo wouldve passed the rock more instead of turn it over we couldve won that game
Driguez
General Manager
Posts: 9,358
And1: 1,833
Joined: Jul 01, 2005
Location: Distance between the extremities
   

 

Post#68 » by Driguez » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:12 am

oh man here we go AGAIN w the could have should have would have... it is what it is ppl! whats the point? :roll:
User avatar
Bucs80
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 28, 2005
Location: Magic City

 

Post#69 » by Bucs80 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:29 am

EasternMagic wrote:well if you cant see how he helps hedo you must be blind without shard on the floor hedo loses space not to mention hedo is playing in shards position and those games cant be blamed on shard and half the time when hedo plays bad he just keeps shooting which hurts us worse. in the charlotte game if hedo wouldve passed the rock more instead of turn it over we couldve won that game


now your just putting words in mouth to try to make your point. But you sir, don't understand the fact that Hedo dosen't need Rashard Lewis all the time to score. He does help spread the floor for Hedo, I'm not going to lie. But it's like your saying most of his success is because Rashard shooting. The fact is, they both help each other out.

Hedo taking to many shots. Umm, tell me why is that a problem? When you don't have many people who can playmake and score, and this guy is really your go-to wing player. you pretty much have no choice.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
User avatar
EasternMagic
RealGM
Posts: 15,102
And1: 835
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: Orlando
     

 

Post#70 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:53 am

Bucs80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



now your just putting words in mouth to try to make your point. But you sir, don't understand the fact that Hedo dosen't need Rashard Lewis all the time to score. He does help spread the floor for Hedo, I'm not going to lie. But it's like your saying most of his success is because Rashard shooting. The fact is, they both help each other out.

Hedo taking to many shots. Umm, tell me why is that a problem? When you don't have many people who can playmake and score, and this guy is really your go-to wing player. you pretty much have no choice.


i can meet you half way here with this, all of hedos success isnt all because of shard but it would be unfair not to give shard credit where credit is do. look at hedo last year, very inconsistent. I dont really see where disagree about his shot taking. when hes as cold as he was the last few nights and shard was hitting his shots and he has dwight down low he should know he doesnt shoot a three with the defender right in his face. Oh and i never tried to put words in your mouth, i was simply stating that even you could see that shard opens the floor which you did say.
User avatar
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,505
And1: 0
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Location: Bay Area, California

 

Post#71 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Bucs80 wrote:Yeah he did score 20 points a game 5 times. But don't you know what the end result in 3/5 of those games? Those games ended up in losses. Plus 1/4 on the road. When Hedo scored 28 points, we won that game against Clippers.


You're an idiot, dude. I love how you use these sentences as an attempt to blame Rashard Lewis for not having an "IMPACT" on the Magic during this stretch. Shard has been our most reliable offensive player over the past handful of games.

Turkoglu has sucked (recently), and Dwight Howard has been inconsistent lately. That, along with the fact that our PGs suck, and the bench is far too streaky, and it hardly has to do with 'Shard. He's been solid. He was going to make a lot of money regardless. We needed a scorer, and we got one.

The problem is we just have a stupid team. That goes around the locker room. They play dumb. Stop trying to put the blame on Shard. This slump isn't his fault.
User avatar
Bucs80
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 28, 2005
Location: Magic City

 

Post#72 » by Bucs80 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:31 pm

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



You're an idiot, dude. I love how you use these sentences as an attempt to blame Rashard Lewis for not having an "IMPACT" on the Magic during this stretch. Shard has been our most reliable offensive player over the past handful of games.

Turkoglu has sucked (recently), and Dwight Howard has been inconsistent lately. That, along with the fact that our PGs suck, and the bench is far too streaky, and it hardly has to do with 'Shard. He's been solid. He was going to make a lot of money regardless. We needed a scorer, and we got one.

The problem is we just have a stupid team. That goes around the locker room. They play dumb. Stop trying to put the blame on Shard. This slump isn't his fault.


where are you coming from? just jumping into an agrument that like 2 pages.

and I didn't put the blame on him loser. Reading is your friend, and sometimes people don't do that. Even I do....

I said the team isn't playing well because of Hedo not playing so well. These recent 7 games shows your alot of what happens when he isn't playing well. And I never said, once again. That Rashard dosen't have an impact. His impact isn't as big as Hedo's.

EasternMagic wrote:
can meet you half way here with this, all of hedos success isnt all because of shard but it would be unfair not to give shard credit where credit is do. look at hedo last year, very inconsistent. I dont really see where disagree about his shot taking. when hes as cold as he was the last few nights and shard was hitting his shots and he has dwight down low he should know he doesnt shoot a three with the defender right in his face. Oh and i never tried to put words in your mouth, i was simply stating that even you could see that shard opens the floor which you did say.


His shot attempts is because like I said before, who is going to take those shots? Maruice Evans? Keith Bogans?

Jameer Nelson is the only person I could think of taking those shots. But should be our point gaurd 1st.

See what I'm saying, we don't have other people who shoot those shots. Rashard won't do it, because so far this season he hasn't tried to take over 20 shots in those games with Hedo struggling.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
User avatar
mhectorgato
RealGM
Posts: 29,446
And1: 574
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Location: Finals Baby!
 

 

Post#73 » by mhectorgato » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Bucs80 wrote:See what I'm saying, we don't have other people who shoot those shots. Rashard won't do it, because so far this season he hasn't tried to take over 20 shots in those games with Hedo struggling.


He's taken over first halves of games (Denver comes to mind) but then hardly gets to touch the ball the 2nd half.

How can take shots without getting the ball?

It's the same thing as with Dwight - he goes for quarters without getting the ball and his teammates - esp the guards - ignore him.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
Posts: 3,314
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 04, 2007

 

Post#74 » by MagicNolesFSU » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:01 pm

what is the point of whining of shards contract or whatever? do you think if you cry about it enough his contract will shrink or hell be traded for kobe?
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
User avatar
EasternMagic
RealGM
Posts: 15,102
And1: 835
Joined: Oct 17, 2007
Location: Orlando
     

 

Post#75 » by EasternMagic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:38 pm

mhectorgato wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



He's taken over first halves of games (Denver comes to mind) but then hardly gets to touch the ball the 2nd half.

How can take shots without getting the ball?

It's the same thing as with Dwight - he goes for quarters without getting the ball and his teammates - esp the guards - ignore him.

exactly my poiont noone else gets a chance cause hedo pulls the trigger in bad circumstances. im not saying he shouldnt shoot his fair amount but on nights when hes doing bad he shoots too much and rashard and mo or bo could be on that night but they dont get the llooks as much in the second half

Return to Orlando Magic