ImageImageImageImage

K Smith says it like it is on Yahoo

Moderators: Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL

User avatar
flyingvee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,697
And1: 17
Joined: Mar 08, 2004
Location: Orlando

K Smith says it like it is on Yahoo 

Post#1 » by flyingvee » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:07 am

Kenny Smith on Yahoo Sports just told it as it is on todays Magic-Blazer matchup. He feels the Blazers are better than the Magic at this point, plus the Blazers have Ogden coming back next season and draft picks. The Magic he says is what you see now id what you'll get, and he is so true. With this Lewis signing the team is handcuffed. With most teams at least you look to the next season with possibilities to improve, with this roster it's liek knowing we'll be the Clippers for the next 7 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2008011919

*edited* Think this is what the link you were taking about is. Please in future watch what your posting more carefully. There is a edit button there for a reason - damo.
User avatar
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 4,735
And1: 11
Joined: Jul 08, 2004
Location: Orlando
     

 

Post#2 » by SS_MagicMark » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:09 am

Yikes, fix that link.
User avatar
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,338
And1: 1
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Location: Orlando
Contact:

 

Post#3 » by Hairy Midget » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:10 am

Go be a Clippers fan then, dumbass.

It's too bad we don't have anything to look forward to. They have Oden, what do we have? Dwight Howard? He's garbage. This sucks. I will go cry now.
Image
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 31,510
And1: 7,437
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: K Smith says it like it is on Yahoo 

Post#4 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:10 am

flyingvee wrote:Kenny Smith on Yahoo Sports just told it as it is on todays Magic-Blazer matchup. He feels the Blazers are better than the Magic at this point, plus the Blazers have Ogden coming back next season and draft picks. The Magic he says is what you see now id what you'll get, and he is so true. With this Lewis signing the team is handcuffed. With most teams at least you look to the next season with possibilities to improve, with this roster it's liek knowing we'll be the Clippers for the next 7 years.


Yes the Magic are gonna the Clippers for the next 7 years. :crazy:


Thanks for overeacting. Yes Lewis is overpaid get over it.

*edited* The broken link was still in your quote and breaking the margins on the forum, removed for benefit of everyone -damo.
aka: prorl
User avatar
flyingvee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,697
And1: 17
Joined: Mar 08, 2004
Location: Orlando

 

Post#5 » by flyingvee » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:31 am

You know, I'm wrong and all you guys are right. The Magic with this current team will go in and win 7 straight championships.

You don't get it. This team is tied down for year with Howard, Lewis and Nelson and no money to sign anyone. While the rest of the league will only be improving. And thats not even taking into account Howard asking to be traded in a few years when he gets tired of losing. Thanks Otis.
User avatar
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,338
And1: 1
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Location: Orlando
Contact:

 

Post#6 » by Hairy Midget » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:51 am

flyingvee wrote:You know, I'm wrong and all you guys are right. The Magic with this current team will go in and win 7 straight championships.

You don't get it. This team is tied down for year with Howard, Lewis and Nelson and no money to sign anyone. While the rest of the league will only be improving. And thats not even taking into account Howard asking to be traded in a few years when he gets tired of losing. Thanks Otis.


Jesus Christ. You're just not very smart. I feel bad for you, because you are this dumb.

Go get help. Use google to find a local psychiatric hospital so they can see why you're mentally damaged. Good luck.
Image
User avatar
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 25,715
And1: 2,521
Joined: Jul 26, 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:
     

 

Post#7 » by UCFJayBird » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:15 am

Ask Kenny Smith how he thinks the Magic will play when they get a real PF and move Rashard to SF. "this is what you get"? Yea, cause I'm sure the Magic are so set on playing with two SFs for the next 7 years.

By the way, ever wonder how teams over the cap get better? Trades, MLE, draft. The Magic can do the same. Plus player development and team chemistry.

The magic's growth is not over by any stretch of the imagination. Dwight is only 22, he's only going to get better.

To think the Magic won't get better is not only foolish, but down right ignorant.

By the way, don't ever say K Smith in this forum unless referring to KEVIN Smith. Otherwise put Kenny please. Thank you.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 31,510
And1: 7,437
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

 

Post#8 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:32 am

Flyingvee i guess this is ur weekly "Rashard is overpaid, this team is doomed forever" thread. Just trying to fill ur quota?
aka: prorl
goflyakite
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 06, 2001

 

Post#9 » by goflyakite » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:32 am

What's a little disturbing is that you folks are even responding to the flyingimbecile's placing stock in what Kenny " I've got a shortsighted and not very well thought out opinion" Smith.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 31,510
And1: 7,437
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

 

Post#10 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:33 am

Kenny Smith said that Felton is a top 10 poinguard LOL.
aka: prorl
User avatar
Rick Rolled
Head Coach
Posts: 7,495
And1: 2,760
Joined: Jun 15, 2005
Location: This username was prime real estate in '08
     

 

Post#11 » by Rick Rolled » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:35 am

prorl wrote:Kenny Smith said that Felton is a top 10 poinguard LOL.


After Dwight's 2nd year he said that Shaun Livingston would be the best player out of the '04 draft...
goflyakite
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 06, 2001

 

Post#12 » by goflyakite » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:37 am

As for you, flyingbuffoon...why don't you tell us who YOUR favorite team is so some intrepid souls here can go over and dredge up some idiocy about how YOUR team has no future and will lose all of it's best players rotting in sports purgatory until all sports are simply not played. Would you like that, Junior?
User avatar
Bucs80
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 28, 2005
Location: Magic City

 

Post#13 » by Bucs80 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:21 am

Blazers are better than the Magic no lie.

But the Magic won't end up like the clippers.

More like Minnesota or Philadelphia. When both of them had Allen Iverson and Kevin Garnett.

Unless Dwight really gets some help. He won't go farther than the 2nd round of the playoffs. Don't be surprised if they get bounced out in the 1st round acouple of times.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
goflyakite
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,714
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 06, 2001

 

Post#14 » by goflyakite » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:46 am

And of course fly's lap dog (bucs80) shows up to give a somewhat less idiotic and pessimistically presumptuous literal two cents. Still stupid, but not as glaringly. Thanks kids, now take it home.
User avatar
Bucs80
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 28, 2005
Location: Magic City

 

Post#15 » by Bucs80 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:12 am

goflyakite wrote:And of course fly's lap dog (bucs80) shows up to give a somewhat less idiotic and pessimistically presumptuous literal two cents. Still stupid, but not as glaringly. Thanks kids, now take it home.


Watch some basketball. And Check the simliarities of the past Timberwolves and Sixers. Superstars with crap around them.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
User avatar
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 25,715
And1: 2,521
Joined: Jul 26, 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:
     

 

Post#16 » by UCFJayBird » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:17 am

Bucs80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Watch some basketball. And Check the simliarities of the past Timberwolves and Sixers. Superstars with crap around them.


Why don't you know what you're talking about? Kevin Garnett was in the Western Conference for starters. Furthermore, he had two aging stars with him in Cassell and Spreewell. Had they been there two-three years sooner, KG might've been able to lead them somewhere. Instead, they got one good year in and then they started their inevitable downfall. Players can't play at peak performance as they get older, it's just how it works. His teammates got older, and Minnesota couldn't recover.

As for the Sixers, two words for you: BIG MAN. AI is a SG in a PG's body, just spells trouble. How do you account for the Nuggets still doing poorly? AI now has Carmelo, a bonafide stud. Yet...he's still not leading them. By the way, didn't Iverson lead the Sixers to the finals in 2000? Oh yea, that's right. He did, and he won a game too! Yes, they lost the Finals. But he led them there WITHOUT any support.

I won't even get into the reasons why it'll be much easier for the Magic to improve and bring in talent than it was for Minnesota or Philadelphia.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,520
And1: 284
Joined: Feb 11, 2006

 

Post#17 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:24 am

save your breathe my friend, its not worth the time to argue with someone over the internet
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,981
And1: 1,637
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

 

Post#18 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:27 am

flyingvee wrote:You know, I'm wrong and all you guys are right. The Magic with this current team will go in and win 7 straight championships.

You don't get it. This team is tied down for year with Howard, Lewis and Nelson and no money to sign anyone. While the rest of the league will only be improving. And thats not even taking into account Howard asking to be traded in a few years when he gets tired of losing. Thanks Otis.


As apposed to Portland who will have to max out Roy and Oden and possibly Aldridge. At least we will be able to keep all our players. Few teams are not up against the salary cap and few teams every year get below it enough to make a big splash. Meanwhile the Magic have a young core THAT WILL ONLY IMPROVE. Also, Kenny better hope they improve after what they got handed to them tonight.
User avatar
Bucs80
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 28, 2005
Location: Magic City

 

Post#19 » by Bucs80 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:19 am

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



As apposed to Portland who will have to max out Roy and Oden and possibly Aldridge. At least we will be able to keep all our players. Few teams are not up against the salary cap and few teams every year get below it enough to make a big splash. Meanwhile the Magic have a young core THAT WILL ONLY IMPROVE. Also, Kenny better hope they improve after what they got handed to them tonight.


Rashard Lewis 28
Hedo Turkoglu 28

This team is middle age
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
User avatar
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,338
And1: 1
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Location: Orlando
Contact:

 

Post#20 » by Hairy Midget » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:22 am

This thread is like a goldmine of downs.
Image

Return to Orlando Magic