ImageImageImageImage

Gerald Green, newest pieace to broken sg position??

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#21 » by Idunkonyou2 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:50 pm

The Letter J wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pretty sure the Magic organization has no idea in hell who they want or need on draft day. :D

I agree. I still can't get over the fact they let Granger go by them. When I saw his name on the board I was like, "YES!! We will get a very good player!". Of course the Magic disappoint again and don't draft him.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#22 » by drsd » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Last year, most here were quite positive to Green. Interesting to see this flip so quickly.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#23 » by SD2042 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:27 pm

UCFknight84 wrote:PASS ON GG, hes a good example of why some players shouldnt jump straight to the NBA after high school. I remember watching this guy in the Mcdonalds all star game, he showed promise but he has no basketball iq and doesnt show much effort on defense. He's the future Darius Miles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKH_YTmIVA
Gerald Green with a nasty off the backboard dunk

That's right on UCF. From what I seen from GG's stats. He's more of an athletic freak on offense with attacking the bucket is his only option. He lacks the fundamentals that would make him better as a player. Unless he improves a lot of areas of his game. All Green will be is a player that is all flash and no substance.
BN
Starter
And1: 28

Post#24 » by BN » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:01 am

The Letter J wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pretty sure the Magic organization has no idea in hell who they want or need on draft day. :D

Pretty sure thats every day for the Magic :D
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#25 » by wolves_fan_82au » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:28 am

its best too stay away from him guys u dont want a no defense basketball player playing on your team

at the start of the season Mchale demanded Green too improve hes game and it didnt happen which proves hes useless and this will be hes last year in the nba i think

i guess a late 2nd round pick couldnt hurt though if u need more bench scoring
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#26 » by mhectorgato » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:18 am

How does he have the chutzpah to demand a trade?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,517

Post#27 » by shrink » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:52 am

prorl wrote:He must have some serious BB IQ, work ethic and attitude problems if he cant get playing time for the worst team in the league 2 years in a row.

Its BB IQ. But remember, he is only 22 and would be in college right now, and the thing I like about him is that unlike most of these high school punks, everyone says he's a hard worker. I think the last characteristic is why he still has a chance to make it, because some athletes can be coached into BBIQ, but a player with BBIQ can't be coached into a 48-inch vertical leap.

He's still a longshot, and he may never amount to anything, but I think there's still a chance with the guy.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#28 » by EasternMagic » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:47 am

MagicFan3 wrote:I would not trade Auggie for Green at all.

lol are you kidding me...
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#29 » by UCF » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:54 am

^^^ I wouldn't trade Auggie for Green either.

Otis wants shooters around dwight and GG just doesn't cut it. I would rather see JJ play more than bringing in Green.

Too many people here are fixated on the hype this guy had coming into the league. All this boy has is a sick dunk arsenal... Can't do much else.
The Letter J
Starter
And1: 0

Post#30 » by The Letter J » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:20 pm

UCF wrote:^^^ I wouldn't trade Auggie for Green either.

Otis wants shooters around dwight and GG just doesn't cut it. I would rather see JJ play more than bringing in Green.

Too many people here are fixated on the hype this guy had coming into the league. All this boy has is a sick dunk arsenal... Can't do much else.

I'm not supporting the acquisition of Green, but percentage wise the guy isn't that bad of a 3pt shooter. He has other inadequacies that are worse than his shooting.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#31 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:49 pm

This kid should not be in the NBA. Great athlete, low BB IQ, poor work ethic, and horrible attitude.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#32 » by Last Guardian » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:13 pm

These offensive trades are no good. That is the last thing we need. If we could play defense consistently and get a defensive rebound we might just be crushing most teams.
MrOrlando
Starter
And1: 88

Post#33 » by MrOrlando » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:23 pm

I do not think we need to bring anyone in to fix our SG position, everyone keeps looking around for some sort of magic answer to it when we already have someone on the team to place there.

No, it's not JJ, it's not Bogans or Dooling. It's Hedo.

What we need from the shooting guard position ..scoring and a threat outside. Hedo is this and he can get to the bucket.

Moving him there and putting Rashard back at SF and placing a temporary Cook at PF and keep Dwight at C. If you don't like Cook, I would suggest if possible bringing Webber in at the Vet's minimum and playing him at PF.

The only major change I would welcome is at PG ..shipping out our expirings and a couple players for JKidd would make us great. I mentioned losing Jameer in a trade for Kidd, however a Battie/JJ/Arroyo/Garrity/Dooling scenario would work too.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#34 » by BadWolf » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:40 pm

GG is a shooter if anything, he lead the league in 3pt% in the 1st half of last season
He's got a sweet stroke and high release
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#35 » by SD2042 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:12 pm

BadWolf wrote:GG is a shooter if anything, he lead the league in 3pt% in the 1st half of last season
He's got a sweet stroke and high release

Unfortunately things have changes in a year for GG. Can he benefit well in another system and produce better than he has done with the Wolves or what he did last year. That depends on how GG fits in said system and how he develops to a better player, if at all.

Return to Orlando Magic