ImageImageImageImage

Magic vs. Celtics

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#801 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Yes, well I'm sure the NBA will add a third column in the standings for Boston. "Wins," "Losses," "Losses while playing without Kevin Garnett." And those in the third column won't count towards the actual standings. Right? Right? :noway:

EDIT: This wasn't a response to you, Thief. Just a general musing.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#802 » by theTHIEF » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:54 pm

haha, nice...

can we get the "Losses without Battie" column? I know he's no KG, not even close, but...still...
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#803 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:59 pm

God, how sick would we be if we had Battie? He's no game-changer, but just his presence would have us winning a lot of these games we've lost.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#804 » by mhectorgato » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:40 pm

Gerhalt11 wrote:God, how sick would we be if we had Battie? He's no game-changer, but just his presence would have us winning a lot of these games we've lost.

However, if we had Battie, no Cook, and possibly no Evans.

Unless we did an Ariza + expiring for Cook+Evans.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#805 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Great to be 10 games over .500 again. :)

Doc after the game admitted he voted for Hedo to be an All Star reserve:
"Can I get my vote back?"

Also, first time this season Dwight shot perfect from the stripe (6 of 6). Team had it's most accurate free throw shooting game all season (19 of 20).

Rashard is still doing a lot more than he did a few weeks ago. Don't forget how many times he posted up yesterday, and he's still driving to the hole. Getting some rebounds.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#806 » by MoGrAdY » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:31 pm

My favorite part of the game..

Pierce mugs Hedo up top. Hedo looks at the ref asking why nothing was called an the refs does one of those arms extnded shrugs. Hedo gets the ball hits a jumper in Pierces face, turns around and runs right behind the ref with his arms out making a shrug the entire way down the court lmao..

BTW BRIAN COOK!!!!
maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#807 » by maginno » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Missed the game but this win and the Detroit one are impressive. Maybe we can actually play good against sub elite teams now?? Please???
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#808 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Gerhalt11 wrote: He's no game-changer, but just his presence would have us winning a lot of these games we've lost.

Isn't that the definition of a game changer?
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
wickerhd
Bench Warmer
And1: 139

Post#809 » by wickerhd » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:59 pm

Nice game all around. Detroit is still the cream of the east because of their playoff experience, but I think Boston and Orlando are 2-3, and you can put them in either order. Cleveland is dangerous because they have the best player in the east who can win a series by himself when he gets cooking.

As a Celtic fan, I was pleased to see them put in a decent effort without KG. Its nice that Doc understands that even though the game is on TV, its not a life or death situation. Everything I've read says that Garnet could have played, but Doc didn't want to aggravate the injury. Regular season records are nice, but they really only count for playoff seeding. Playoff basketball is a totally different animal. It would be nice to play you guys in the ECF.

BTW, I know a lot of youi guys are down on Jameer, but I really wish we had him here. He would be the perfect compliment to Rondo.
****dave
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#810 » by theTHIEF » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:01 pm

we'll take Posey and Perk or Davis for Meer, thank you :D
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#811 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm

theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#812 » by theTHIEF » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:56 pm

i just regret not wearing my Hedo jersey, i wore my Lewis shirt...
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,093

Post#813 » by magik9113 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:15 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:(picture)

:clap: :nod:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#814 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:32 am

Where "Hedo" Happens. I love it.
aka: prorl
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,178

Post#815 » by cedric76 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:41 pm

i really like our team

ariza trade look better everyday

arroyo has to go
pat will

hopefully thoses 2 expiering contract will bring us things

once battie is back,i don't see how auggie+gortat will get minutes (so thoses guy r expendable too)
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#816 » by Typhoon20 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Anyone else checked the reactions of our players after the buzzer beater ? All were ecstatic and happy, except 1.

Lewis was extremely happy, Dwight same, whole bench was happy, Bogans was partially happy..but Arroyo..damn. It's like he would have preferred us to lose, selfish bastard. Right before Hedo launched the 3 you should check out Arroyo, he was wide open and wanting the ball, making hand gestures towards Hedo ''give me the ball holmes''...Hedo didn't even care and took the shot...right after check out Arroyo's reaction LMAO. What a L-O-S-E-R.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#817 » by mhectorgato » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Typhoon20 wrote:Anyone else checked the reactions of our players after the buzzer beater ? All were ecstatic and happy, except 1.

Lewis was extremely happy, Dwight same, whole bench was happy, Bogans was partially happy..but Arroyo..damn. It's like he would have preferred us to lose, selfish bastard. Right before Hedo launched the 3 you should check out Arroyo, he was wide open and wanting the ball, making hand gestures towards Hedo ''give me the ball holmes''...Hedo didn't even care and took the shot...right after check out Arroyo's reaction LMAO. What a L-O-S-E-R.

Bogans should be ecstatic that we won. It was his saggy defense that let Allen be open in the corner to hoist up a shot to tie the game.

For the life of me, I can't understand why he would sag off of a player well known for his outside shot, especially at a critical time like that. :banghead:

He wasn't even directly helping out at the time. He sagged to nearly the paint because (iirc) Pierce looked like he was going to drive to the rim .... WITH A 3 POINT LEAD :banghead:

What's the point of trying helping out defending a 2 point play with a 3 point lead?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#818 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Typhoon20 wrote:Anyone else checked the reactions of our players after the buzzer beater ? All were ecstatic and happy, except 1.

Arroyo got pissed because he wanted to shoot the J but whatever.
Dwight could've been angry too, he had Rondo on him with 4 seconds left and Hedo could've fed him an alley oop. But Dwight was grinning and partying at the end.
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#819 » by Typhoon20 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:25 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Arroyo got pissed because he wanted to shoot the J but whatever.
Dwight could've been angry too, he had Rondo on him with 4 seconds left and Hedo could've fed him an alley oop. But Dwight was grinning and partying at the end.

That's because Dwight is unselfish. He doesn't care how you win,
as long as you win. Wish some other players would take notice.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#820 » by mhectorgato » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:30 am

Just watched the end again, and Bogans didn't jump for joy either. He was open and waiving his arms in the corner. After the shot went up, he went in for the rebound.

Once the shot went in, both he and Arroyo just walked back, whereas Dwight and Lewi$ ran back.

Is KeBo selfish also? Shall we impale KeBo also?

Or just Arroyo because many don't like his game?

Return to Orlando Magic