ImageImageImageImage

OT: Redskins fan pals, please read

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

taruky1
Sixth Man
And1: 27

OT: Redskins fan pals, please read 

Post#1 » by taruky1 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Let's all get our thoughts together and pray for Danny boy to suddenly lose interest in ownership and sell the team (or have a massive MI). Never underestimate the power of prayer.

This brat is going to permanently sink this once proud franchise. We've been hijacked.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#2 » by craig01 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:20 pm

I've never been a fan of his, but his intentions were always good.

He's rarely been cheap, nor disrespectful to fans, players or coaches.

He's never embarrassed himself nor the organization through irrational acts like many have done .

Still, I can not stand him.

I predicted when he first bought the team that the Skins would NEVER see a championship again under his ownership. At first, he was a meddler.

The events of the past week are obvious. Fassel is probably coming (bad choice, imo) so Williams and Saunders were dead meat. Vinny Cerrato(?) is a long running NFL joke as GM. He is Snyder's enabler.

Saunders didn't get much done, but much of his lack of success can be attributed to OL injuries and an inexperienced QB that could do everything except win (Campbell).

Williams was terrific IMo.

IMO, the Skins are doomed to an infinity of running laps attached to a teather ball pole. Yeah, they'll do a lot of running, but get nowhere.

Snyder=Redskins=mediocrity=length of ownership
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
taruky1
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#3 » by taruky1 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:39 pm

I don't think any owner intends to run the team into the ground. But owners with a big ego and the lack of experience and know-how to back it up get themselves in HUGE trouble. I would disagree with you that Snyder hasn't been disresoectful. he was VERY disrespectful to Turner when he was here. Not that Turner didn't need to go, but Snyder regularly skewered him in the press. The way he handled the Williams fiasco was very disrespectful.

As for Cerrato, I am convinced that he and Danny are gay lovers. There is no other way t explain Danny's impatience wih everyone else in the organization except for the guy who has been arguably one of the worst GMs (for lack of a better term) I have ever seen. Some people point to his few successes in his support, but my wife could pick 'em at the rate he does. At least now with his new title the responsibility all squarely falls on him for future personnel decision.

This whole offseason points to Snyder trying to imitate Jerry Jones. Zorn is Jason Garrett, Fassell will be Wade Phillips. Problem is that we don't have Dallas' talent. We will rue letting Williams go, I see him getting a coaching job somewhere and becoming the next Billichek; a guy with a rough start who learned lessons and became a great head coach.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#4 » by craig01 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:00 am

Cerrato has been an utter failure in Washington.

His watch has been at best dismal on it's best days.

Snyder seems to be returning to the jackass form he displayed when he first took control of the team.

This offseason is nothing short of a fiasco, one with which dooms this team to a run of 4-12 seasons.

This sucks. Big time.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability

Return to Orlando Magic