ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic 2008 Great Debate: Post your candidates!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MrOrlando
Starter
And1: 88

Orlando Magic 2008 Great Debate: Post your candidates! 

Post#1 » by MrOrlando » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:44 pm

With all the rampant postings of trade x player for x player, x player sucks, x player owes me five dolla' bills threads, and in the spirit of the 2008 election year I ask you Magic fans to post YOUR candidates to come in and help Orlando.

Whether it be by trade, a position move with-in the team make a post and give a description on why you think that it will benefit Orlando in the short term or the long run.

Posting Rules:

If you're making a backing for a player to be brought in to Orlando, label the first sentence "Candidate"
Post the player
Why he should be brought in
Who to trade for him

If you're making a line up change, explain why and how it would benefit the Magic.

If you have nothing to contribute on the either front, label the first sentence as "RE BUTTLE" quote who you are going to rebut, and continue on why you think that player or line up change would not work.

I will open it up with a trade I have from another thread ..
-----

Candidate: Jason Kidd

Why: We need solid play from the PG spot, this position alone can make or break a team. With Jason Kidd at the helm he provides us with something that's overused, but important at the PG position, leadership. He can create shots for other players, and while he isn't a huge scoring threat he can still make buckets if need be.

To Trade: I wondered about making a package with Jameer Nelson in it, but it would leave us terribly thin at the point, even with Kidd there. I doubt NJ would want him when they have a couple players they can groom to fill Kidd's spot. So I would offer a package of Battie/JJ/Arroyo/Dooling/Garrity.

The Positive: Orlando loses some depth in trading for Kidd, however the productivity Jason would bring would more than fill that small void and greatly upgrades us at point guard. We get someone who can distribute the ball and has many weapons at his disposal.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#2 » by EasternMagic » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:41 am

WHO Charlie Villanueva, because hes a got a good shot and can really help on the boards. Maybe throw in Royal Ivey too

WHO WE TRADE Carlos, JJ Redick, Augustine

POSITIVE We get a pf to help on the boards and with a little defense, we loose arroyo and our prized rookie jj but jj never plays so no big, and if we could get ivey in we get a back up pg, we might have to throw in another person maybe instead of auggie bogans or something like that but i think we need C.V.
[/b]
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,766

Post#3 » by Cammo101 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:51 am

Who: Dimitrius Diamantidis

Who we trade: No one

Positive: The Magic don't have a lot of money to spend this offseason, so they have to be smart. With Battie back next year and Fran possibly coming in, I don't see a hole at PF anymore going forward. Diamantidis is one of the best players in Europe. He is 6'5'' and can play either guard position. He is the big PG who we can play JJ next to. Him splitting time with Jameer would allow us to draft one of the many good SG's in the upcoming draft and it would allow us a situation where JJ can be sucessful.

Jameer/Diamantidis/Dooling
Bogans/JJ/Brandon Rush or Bill Walker
Hedo/Evans/Cook
Shard/Battie/Fran
Dwight/Foyle/Gortat

Return to Orlando Magic