ImageImageImageImage

If, when the Magic get a legit starting PF, who goes......

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

If, when the Magic get a legit starting PF, who goes...... 

Post#1 » by Idunkonyou2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:47 am

to the bench?

At this point in time, I would send Lewis there. Hedo is the 2nd best player on the Magic roster right now period. It really isn't even close IMO. Shame we are paying 116 million for a future 6th man.
y 2 a B
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by y 2 a B » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:50 am

I would actually try to mix things up a little bit and send Evans to the bench, slide Hedo to the 2, and Rashard at the 3.

I don't think you can necessarily bench a player like Lewis, it's just not how he is effective, and Hedo is a no-brainer.

Line-up would be something like this:

C: Dwight Howard
PF: Tony Battie
SF: Rashard Lewis
SG: Hedo Turkoglu
PG: Jameer Nelson

I wouldn't mind toying with that experience for a little bit and see what results it nets us.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#3 » by Idunkonyou2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:51 am

y 2 a B wrote:I would actually try to mix things up a little bit and send Evans to the bench, slide Hedo to the 2, and Rashard at the 3.

I don't think you can necessarily bench a player like Lewis, it's just not how he is affective, and Hedo is a no-brainer.

Line-up would be something like this:

C: Dwight Howard
PF: Tony Battie
SF: Rashard Lewis
SG: Hedo Turkoglu
PG: Jameer Nelson

I wouldn't mind toying with that experience for a little bit and see what results it nets us.

I believe you could get away with that some games, but other games, the Magic would get torched on the outside. Then again we already do so what the hell.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#4 » by Last Guardian » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:43 am

I agree with y2ab. Start the best 5 if we get a nice PF. Hedo at SG, is that really a stretch? He can shoot, handle and pass.
The Letter J
Starter

Post#5 » by The Letter J » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:05 am

Solid Snake wrote:I agree with y2ab. Start the best 5 if we get a nice PF. Hedo at SG, is that really a stretch? He can shoot, handle and pass.

Hedo would be better at SG than the Hedo/Lewis combo is at PF, that's for sure.
happypedro12
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by happypedro12 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:16 pm

I hate to say it, but Hedo is gonna have to be traded either at the end of this year or next. Because we are already paying another SF huge money, so we won't be able to re-sign him. He's also playing at his peak, so we would get high value for him. I hate to see him go, but if we try to keep him, he'll just end up leaving the Magic high and dry with nothing to show for it............again. Trade him soon and we can get a really good SG or maybe another solid big.....david west??
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#7 » by TNMagicFan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:21 pm

happypedro12 wrote:I hate to say it, but Hedo is gonna have to be traded either at the end of this year or next. Because we are already paying another SF huge money, so we won't be able to re-sign him. He's also playing at his peak, so we would get high value for him. I hate to see him go, but if we try to keep him, he'll just end up leaving the Magic high and dry with nothing to show for it............again. Trade him soon and we can get a really good SG or maybe another solid big.....david west??

Why the hell would NO give up David West ??? The guy is a beast
happypedro12
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by happypedro12 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:25 pm

^^^ i dunno, whats peja doin these days? we should get another big, and i'm pretty sure Hedo is gone after this year. Its just whether or not we want to get some value for him
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by LiteHedded » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:26 pm

happypedro12 wrote:I hate to say it, but Hedo is gonna have to be traded either at the end of this year or next. Because we are already paying another SF huge money, so we won't be able to re-sign him. He's also playing at his peak, so we would get high value for him. I hate to see him go, but if we try to keep him, he'll just end up leaving the Magic high and dry with nothing to show for it............again. Trade him soon and we can get a really good SG or maybe another solid big.....david west??

we could re-sign him
parso15
Junior
And1: 4

Post#10 » by parso15 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 pm

happypedro12 wrote:^^^ i dunno, whats peja doin these days? we should get another big, and i'm pretty sure Hedo is gone after this year. Its just whether or not we want to get some value for him

Why do you suggest Pedja??? Another SF :wavefinger:
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#11 » by Cammo101 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 pm

d12fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why the hell would NO give up David West ??? The guy is a beast

That is one of the few Hedo trades I would make. West's mid range jumper would be so nasty next to Dwight.
Bigmagicfan82
Starter
And1: 343

Post#12 » by Bigmagicfan82 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:45 pm

No they don't. What the Magic need to do is build off of what they have. The pf position is not as grim as people make it out to be. Bettie will be back next year, Fran will most likely be here next year, and they can always draft a PF. The PG situation is more of a pressing issue then the PF posoition in my opinion. I would like to see Orlando go after Chris Duhon or trade for Earl Watson at the deadline. I hear seattle is trying to move him. Maybe a deal like Arroyo,JJ, and 2nd round pick for Earl Watson might get it done.
Pancho_Pantera
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#13 » by Pancho_Pantera » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:24 am

The lineup should look like this

Pg- Billups
Sg- Bogans
Sf- Hedo
Pf- Kevin Garnett
C- Howard
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#14 » by TNMagicFan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:25 am

happypedro12 wrote:^^^ i dunno, whats peja doin these days? we should get another big, and i'm pretty sure Hedo is gone after this year. Its just whether or not we want to get some value for him

What's Peja got to do with it ? David West is one of the best PF's in the league and on a very good contract for a big of his caliber . IF they would do a Hedo for West trade , I say "see ya Hedo enjoy playing in the western conference"
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#15 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:13 am

I'm pretty sure that Hedo has another year on his contract after this season (in addition to the player option in the sixth year, which he likely will exercise).

Return to Orlando Magic