ImageImageImageImage

Rondo almost got killed.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Rondo almost got killed. 

Post#1 » by Idunkonyou2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Howard was close to just pimp smacking that punk. Since Howard boxed all summer, I wouldn't want to be on the end of his punches once he does go off and you know it is going to happen. The guy is consistently beat on and Rondo was pretty close to losing his life.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#2 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:05 pm

How great would it be to see Dwight just drop into a boxing stance and 1-2 jab then uppercut somebody mid-play.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#3 » by theTHIEF » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:08 pm

punk?

not very fair...and it would have sucked if Dwight would have done that...Dwight was fed up with Rondo jabbing him and grabbing onto him for a long portion of the game...but Howard would have been in the wrong would be have nailed him...which he wasnt trying to do...talk about unsportsmanlike...
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#4 » by Potterman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Ive haven't been saying it on this board. But I honestly think Dwight needs to show a little more elbow at times.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Idunkonyou2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:11 pm

thEthIEf wrote:punk?

not very fair...and it would have sucked if Dwight would have done that...Dwight was fed up with Rondo jabbing him and grabbing onto him for a long portion of the game...but Howard would have been in the wrong would be have nailed him...which he wasnt trying to do...talk about unsportsmanlike...

Good thing for other players Howard is 99.9% of the time calm, cool and collected. The guy could beat the piss out of some one if he really wanted to. Could you imagine if Howard had a Mourning complex? He would be banned by now because some one would have went to the hospital.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Idunkonyou2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:12 pm

rurouniad wrote:Ive haven't been saying it on this board. But I honestly think Dwight needs to show a little more elbow at times.

He actually does that a lot. When he gets fouled he sometime throws his arms up and his elbows out. Yesterday he lightly slapped Rondo and Rondo pretty much did the right thing and backed away.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#7 » by Max Power » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Wouldn't have been nice to see Dwight choke slam that little dude, since he was sratching at him like a little girl all game long. He coulda went Undertaker on his ass.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Typhoon20 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:19 pm

He's human. He's getting beat on a lot of plays and not getting those calls. Yet he still keeps his cool. It won't be long before he loses it in one of those games and goes bezerk.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#9 » by tranjSAIC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:46 pm

You guys read the Celtics game thread, they were calling Dwight a punk for doing that and he got a superstar call, or in that case non-call. They thought he should have been T'd up.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#10 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 pm

I liked how Dwight decked Rondo on solid screens 3 times as Rajon ran into a brick wall. :rofl:

And the day Dwight officially gets pissed will make Stern and whoever receives the brunt of that rage sh*t their pants.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
happypedro12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#11 » by happypedro12 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 pm

You guys read the Celtics game thread, they were calling Dwight a punk for doing that and he got a superstar call, or in that case non-call. They thought he should have been T'd up

lol just fan talk, the way Dwight gets pounded all the time, he's gonna get fed up. I think Dwight thought the foul was on perkins right before and thought the play was over. then rondo came in with his little rat self and tried to fould him again. I mean Shaq did get rough with some people, you can only take so much being the biggest guy out there and basically just have to be a punching bag for the smaller guys
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#12 » by Max Power » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:I liked how Dwight decked Rondo on solid screens 3 times as Rajon ran into a brick wall. :rofl:

And the day Dwight officially gets pissed will make Stern and whoever receives the brunt of that rage sh*t their pants.

Thats the day when David Stern comes up with the "if your breath even hits Dwight Howard it's a foul" rule.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#13 » by Potterman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:37 pm

Idunkonyou2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He actually does that a lot. When he gets fouled he sometime throws his arms up and his elbows out. Yesterday he lightly slapped Rondo and Rondo pretty much did the right thing and backed away.

imho he doesnt do it anywhere near enough for the amount of times he gets fouled. Look at your NBA greats that always had a way of sneaking in that offensive foul and not getting caught.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#14 » by crazytown » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:13 am

Good for Dwight. I want too see him have more of a mean streak. More Shaq and less David Robinson.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#15 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:19 am

Well, if you really want to see Dwight take him out like that, then you're saying that you want to see the Magic play about 10 games without him. That would be idiotic. If Dwight is smart, he never lets it get that far out of hand. I've only seen Shaq really pound on anyone once, and he didn't start it -- Charles Barkley did. He took it to them when he would make his moves to score, but Shaq didn't go looking for a fight and Dwight shouldn't either.

Besides, ya'll are exaggerating. Dwight just swatted at the guy because he was acting like a pest. He shouldn't have swung at Dwight first if he didn't want any reaction. I thought Pierce took some worse swings at Hedo. Those Boston fans spend too much time listening to Tommy Heinsohn.

Return to Orlando Magic