ImageImageImageImage

We gotta jump on this

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magictreat
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: We gotta jump on this 

Post#21 » by magictreat » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:47 pm

mattyBoi wrote:One scenario would have Kidd returning to Dallas, where he started his career, and probably would include another team. The Nets, the source said, would get Devean George, DeSagana Diop and draft picks. Jerry Stackhouse may have to be added to make it work financially, but there likely is more involved.

People close to Rod Thorn said he's grown tired of Kidd, who didn't seem that broken up over the Nets' ninth consecutive loss Sunday night.

That is basically Dallas' garbage.
Otis will never go for that, he is in love with Jameer, in his eyes we do not need Kidd... :banghead:
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#22 » by mattyBoi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Yes theif otis would be god lol i would stop all my hate for him if he could pull this off.

Moving jameer to the bench would be the scoring we need and then pick up a guy next summer with the MLE.

We would be set.
y 2 a B
Banned User

Post#23 » by y 2 a B » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:56 pm

If NJ were to trade Kidd, they would want expirings, youth, and draft picks.

We do have the expirings and other tradeable assets to land Kidd, but it's unlikely he gets traded this season. However, I don't think I would trade Jameer for Kidd myself, mainly because of Kidd's age, although we would make a strong championship run with him.

I would use our expirings and first rounders in an attempt to land him here, but nothing really outside of that.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

Post#24 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Apparently, Nets star point guard Jason Kidd is on the block --- this time for real.

Magic fans who think this is the move to take the Magic to the East Finals, save your breath.

The Magic are not interested --- at least not at the price it would take to land Kidd, the Human Triple Double.

Kidd not only is aging at 34, but he wants a new contract.

He makes $19 million this season and, oh my, one more year left after that at $21 million. With Dwight Howard' s big deal kicking in next season at $13 mill and Rashard Lewis making a king's ransom at $17 mill next season, how can the mid-market Magic handle a third max contract while their roster is thinner than Nicole Ritchie?

Doubtful Kidd would renew for the Magic's mid-level exception, which could be $5 million-to $6 million per season to start.

Says an e-mailer, "Why not trade Jameer (Nelson), J.J. (Redick), Carlos (Arroyo) and Pat Garrity (expiring contract) for Kidd?"

Big problem with that: Kidd makes almost $20 million this season. The Magic can't get to within the required 20 percent to match Kidd's salary unless they probably throw in Hedo Turkoglu's $6 million contract to go with Nelson ($2 mill), Redick ($2 mill), Arroyo ($4 mill) and Garrity ($4 mill). That would take them to a little over $18 million.

If you are the Nets, wouldn't you have to demand Turk in the deal?

Nobody wants to take on Lewis' $118 million.

So if you part with Turk -- who is 29 and having an all-star calibre season --- who do you play at the other forward spot with Kidd, Lewis, Maurice Evans and Dwight Howard? You create an even bigger hole by dealing point guards.

It could be a quick fix that could pay off, but again, can you win with Brian Cook at one of the forward spots or Evans? Do you start Kidd at the point and Keyon Dooling at shooting guard and move Evans to the small forward?

Or do you wait and try to find another forward next season with the mid-level exception?

Are the Magic really better off trying to land Kidd?

Sounds like amateur GMs playing fantasy basketball.

The Nets might be able to do better elsewhere.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2008/01/stop-kidd-ing-y.html

seriously is new jersey going to trade the best pg in the league for one of the worst? idc if their expiring. be realistic
Trade for Trae
mattyBoi
Head Coach

Post#25 » by mattyBoi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:05 pm

i really think he reads realgm that dunce
mattyBoi
Head Coach

Post#26 » by mattyBoi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Like i said i would only do it if we could keep turk

The rumor i first posted was for all expirings!!!

If they wanted something else wouldnt they ask for harris, terry or someone else.

They want expirings and youth, picks.
UKMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#27 » by UKMagic » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Off the top of my head Pat Bastard, Arroyo and I think Dooling are free agents? I like Dooling, but if we could package those with Battie and maybe Fran for Kidd I'd be all over it.

Fill the roster out with scrubs, who cares...also call up C-Webb and offer him the minimum...

Seriously, you put Dwight, Kidd, Hedo, Rashard on the court...then back it up with Webber, Jameer, Evans, Foyle...that's not half bad. To be honest, I'd like our Big 4 versus Boston's Big 3...If this was Brian Hill in charge, I'd worry, but I really think SVG giving the keys to this team to Kidd would be sweet....It'd be like Showtime in O-Town.

Do it and win now...
@CraggsNumber1
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#28 » by TNMagicFan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:33 am

Kidd confirmed his agent asked for a trade according to HoopsHype and ESPN
Force9024
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by Force9024 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:00 am

ORLANDO RECEIVES: Jason Kidd, Darrell Armstrong, Antoine Wright and Malik Allen

NEW JERSEY RECEIVES: Brian Cook, JJ Redick, Keyon Dooling, Marcin Gortat, Pat Garrity, Carlos Arroyo, Rights to Fran Vasquez, 2008 1st Round Pick, and Future conditional 1st Round Pick

Kidd/Nelson/Armstrong
Evans/Bogans
Hedo/Wright
Lewis/Allen/Augustine
Howard/Foyle

It'd give the Nets almost $11,500,000 in expiring contracts, 2 1st Round Picks, and a future shooter. They'd have approximately $19 Million in expiring contracts.
Force9024
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by Force9024 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:03 am

I believe we can't trade Tony Battie because we were granted the injured player exception and we used it. I am bored so that's why I came up with that trade minus Battie. If someone could clarify the Battie situation it'd make it easier. I think it's been addressed before. It'd be easier to lure Carter here though. We could just package Dooling, Garrity, Redick and Arroyo for Carter, Armstrong, and Allen. but Kidd would obviously help us alot more.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,013

Post#31 » by drsd » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:07 am

Force9024 wrote:ORLANDO RECEIVES: Jason Kidd, Darrell Armstrong, Antoine Wright and Malik Allen

NEW JERSEY RECEIVES: Brian Cook, JJ Redick, Keyon Dooling, Marcin Gortat, Pat Garrity, Carlos Arroyo, Rights to Fran Vasquez, 2008 1st Round Pick, and Future conditional 1st Round Pick

Kidd/Nelson/Armstrong
Evans/Bogans
Hedo/Wright
Lewis/Allen/Augustine
Howard/Foyle

It'd give the Nets almost $11,500,000 in expiring contracts, 2 1st Round Picks, and a future shooter. They'd have approximately $19 Million in expiring contracts.

If GM Smith could pull of this trade after signing Lewis, Nelson, Foyle and Howard this off season, he would be a stone-lock for GM of the year.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#32 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:10 am

thEthIEf wrote:so, IF we somehow landed Kidd for expiring's and picks, IF that was to happen and we retain our starters and some depth

Kidd/Nelson
Evans/Bogans
Hedo/
Shard/Cook
Dwight/Foyle

are we "legit"? and what do we do to improve the bench from there? and does Otis become GOD?

If that happens, I'd like to see decent minutes of Nelson/Kidd on the court at the same time. Kidd playing the 1 on offense and guarding the 2's on defense, he's got enough size to do it some nights. That way Nelson gets to play like Iverson -- like he really wants to and is decent at.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#33 » by darthcheech2000 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:41 am

GOD DAMN IT!!!!

I have been saying this forever now.

If That is all dallas as giving up. Then way haven't we done this already. We would not have to give up Nelson, so Otis could still keep his tent pitched.

Kidd = a ring this or next year.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
mattyBoi
Head Coach

Post#34 » by mattyBoi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:12 am

Force that trade would be awesome.
mattyBoi
Head Coach

Post#35 » by mattyBoi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:22 am

I would also be fine with a trade to get Jefferson from the Nets.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#36 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:26 am

we should just accept our PG fate this year, make a trade for Jeff Foster and Daniels and call it a day...
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#37 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:57 am

mattyBoi wrote:I would also be fine with a trade to get Jefferson from the Nets.

just got resigned and his contract is too big
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#38 » by EasternMagic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 am

thEthIEf wrote:we should just accept our PG fate this year, make a trade for Jeff Foster and Daniels and call it a day...

Kidd could be 75 percent of the answer. he almost averages a tripple double so hes gonna rebound and he adds to our other biggest need for a pg. and if all nj want is expirings and picks there is no reason why otis shouldnt do this. seriously dallas and denver arent gonna give as much as we can give we have soo many expirings or short contracts and we can afford to give draft picks that dallas and denver dont want to give. this WOULD make our team a beast Kidd! Turk! Lewis! HOWARD! could you imagin!?!?!?
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#39 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:03 am

i could imagine if someone got hurt...most likely Kidd...
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#40 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:28 am

god, im serious about this too, We better hang on to Cook and Evans...both are fitting in nicely so far, Cook seems to be coming along, and Dwight seems to really enjoy having him on the court, he's always in his ear and Cook knows that Dwight is the man that needs the ball, but he's not shy about drilling an Arvydas Sabonis 3 in your mug....

Return to Orlando Magic