ImageImageImageImage

I've got the answer!!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#21 » by zuppafly » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:32 pm

flyingvee wrote:You can keep on dreaming on. This team minus a PF will never get past Boston or Detroit or Cleveland.

Weren't you the "this team has no chance winning more than 37 games this season" guy? So, you're talking about playoffs now? Aren't you ashamed of being yourself?
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#22 » by flyingvee » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:31 pm

zuppafly wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Weren't you the "this team has no chance winning more than 37 games this season" guy? So, you're talking about playoffs now? Aren't you ashamed of being yourself?

Not at all. I was expecting them to collapse like they did last year, but Hedo is having a career year and bailing this team out, along with having SVG instead of Brian Hill. Slow rebuilding is fine. What irks me is most on hear believeing that these current pieces are going to make this team win the east which is absurd. My main beef with the team is mainly the PF slot. One, you are leaving your franchise player unprotected with no one to watch his back. eithe rone of two things can happen. Either he gets hurt or gets tired of it and wants out. Second the team overpays for a one-dimensional SF and then plays him at PF where he can get hurt too. So much for protecting your assets.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#23 » by mhectorgato » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:28 pm

flyingvee wrote:Not at all. I was expecting them to collapse like they did last year, but Hedo is having a career year and bailing this team out, along with having SVG instead of Brian Hill. Slow rebuilding is fine. What irks me is most on hear believeing that these current pieces are going to make this team win the east which is absurd. My main beef with the team is mainly the PF slot. One, you are leaving your franchise player unprotected with no one to watch his back. eithe rone of two things can happen. Either he gets hurt or gets tired of it and wants out. Second the team overpays for a one-dimensional SF and then plays him at PF where he can get hurt too. So much for protecting your assets.

Where do you see people predicting us to win the East? The optimistic people are saying 50 wins. That would still put us behind, at least, the Celtics.

But winning the SouthEast is still very much a definite possibility.

We have a foundation that could eventually win the East. There are still needs to be filled. But that can be said of any playoff team not winning the conference.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#24 » by mhectorgato » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:34 pm

flyingvee wrote:Not at all. I was expecting them to collapse like they did last year, but Hedo is having a career year and bailing this team out, along with having SVG instead of Brian Hill. Slow rebuilding is fine. What irks me is most on hear believeing that these current pieces are going to make this team win the east which is absurd. My main beef with the team is mainly the PF slot. One, you are leaving your franchise player unprotected with no one to watch his back. eithe rone of two things can happen. Either he gets hurt or gets tired of it and wants out. Second the team overpays for a one-dimensional SF and then plays him at PF where he can get hurt too. So much for protecting your assets.

Just as a reminder:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... sc&start=5

flyingvee on Dec 19th wrote:Barring any good trades (with Otis its a safe bet that won't happen) I project us to go 18-36 the rest of the way finish 37-45.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#25 » by flyingvee » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:18 pm

Your point is? It's just a stupid basketball prediction. Not like I'm advising you to buy stock in a certain company. Plus still no one seems to address the fact that Howard has no help and will continue to get beat up on and Lewis also playing at the 4.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#26 » by mhectorgato » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:35 pm

flyingvee wrote:Your point is? It's just a stupid basketball prediction. Not like I'm advising you to buy stock in a certain company. Plus still no one seems to address the fact that Howard has no help and will continue to get beat up on and Lewis also playing at the 4.

True. Cry wolf enough times and people will ignore that call for alarm.

Just as long as you realize that being sooooooo (probably deserves some more) far off puts many of your other posts in a different light than you might think.

Return to Orlando Magic