ImageImageImageImage

Kidd to Orlando (NJ would do this trade would YOU)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#21 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:46 pm

Absolutely....it will be much easier to sign a guy that has the skills of a Jameer Nelson in the offseason than it would be to sign a guy with the skills of Jason Kidd. His big salary doesn't mean anything, it is only for two more years and we will be over the cap anyway. Management has said they would go over the luxury tax and has done it in the past...so why not?

He also has said big name free agents will take less money to play here...so why would he not re-sign with us if we were playing well?

Jason Kidd will be atleast a great backup throughout the rest of his career...no point in not having him to atleast teach who ever else we have how to play the position.

Everyone we trade can be replaced...a guy like Jason Kidd on your roster cannot.
MrOrlando
Starter
And1: 88

Post#22 » by MrOrlando » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:17 am

I was under the impression, and heard on the board as well (I know I must take info from here with a grain of salt ..) but ..

If Miami does not trade picks with us this year (Which clearly they would not) then next year's pick is automatically switched unless Orlando declines? Or ..something ..I dunno ..

Return to Orlando Magic