ImageImageImageImage

Official Magic @ Raptors Game 3

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Who will be the MVP of the third game?

Dwight Howard
22%
Jameer Nelson
2%
Hedo Turk
17%
Rashard Lewis
8%
Somebody from the Raptors (lol)?
50%
Other
1%

Total votes: 108

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Official Magic @ Raptors Game 3 

Post#1 » by Last Guardian » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 am

Image @ Image

Thursday, April 24 @ 7:30pm ET in Air Canada Center of Toronto (NBATV)

Playoff Series (ORL leads 2-0)

Game 1: Raptors 100 - Magic 114
RECAP

Game 2: Raptors 103 - Magic 104
RECAP

The starting lineup for the Orlando Magic (27-14 Away):

Image Image Image Image Image

KEY BENCH PLAYERS
Image Image

Magic playoff statistics

The starting lineup for the Toronto Raptors (25-16 Home):

Image Image Image Image Image

KEY BENCH PLAYERS
Image Image Image

Raptors playoff statistics

Notes
- MVP of the series so far is no doubt Dwight Howard. The beast provided a 20/20 in both games, and overall is averaging a monsterish 27ppg, 21rpg and 4.0bpg.
- The weak link coming into the series for the Magic was the considerable advantage at PG for the Raptors, but after the first 2 games, Jameer Nelson has silenced his critics. Averaging 21ppg and 5apg, Nelson along with Dwight has been the most consistent Magic Player.
- Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu are both struggling with their jumpshots so far in the post season. Rashard, who made 226 three pointers in the regular season and shot 41%, is only a miserable 3/18 (16.7%) in the postseason so. Hedo Turkoglu, while doing better from the field, is just as miserable from beyond the arc at 14.3%. In the regular season, Turk made 166 three pointers on 40%.

- The MVP for the Raptors is Chris Bosh. The Magic have always had trouble guarding him, and the post season is no exception. He is averaging 25ppg, 8rpg and 4apg, but only shooting 43%. He makes up for it at the line for a stellar 96%.
- One area the Raptors have a definite advantage is the bench. Jason Kapono and Jose Calderon have lit up the Magic. Kapono and his beautiful shooting ability is averaging 19ppg, and shooting 67% from 3 point land. Jose Calderon is by all means a starting point guard, as he has great vision and passing ability along with a solid jumpshot.
- TJ Ford, a big concern for Orlando coming into the series, has had a miserable one so far. Shooting 12% from the field, TJ Ford has failed to get passed Jameer Nelson on offense, and failed to stop Jameer Nelson on defense.

Game 3 thoughts - Orlando has a better road record than Toronto does at home. Turk and Lewis cannot shoot any worse than they have so far, and look for Dwight to continue to dominate. Despite all that, getting a road win in the playoffs is tough, but I expect the Magic to get it done.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#2 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:56 am

If Rashard can find his shot, we stand a great chance at victory.

Pirates of the NBA. :nod:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
y 2 a B
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by y 2 a B » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:59 am

Hedo and Shard killed us by going 0-13 from downtown. Luckily we still won, which is a pretty good sign.

I really don't expect us to win game 3. Toronto has been a decent home team, and their arena is one of the loudest in the NBA. They've also made comebacks in both the games so far, and almost won tonight in dramatic fashion.

Shard has to start shooting a higher percentage, and Hedo needs to drive more instead of settling. Dwight will keep up his intensity, the dude is just a monster.

Oh, and I hope the refs don't decide this one...
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,597

Post#4 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:04 am

Hardest game yet.

Dwight needs to becareful and stay out of foul trouble.. other than that, keep attacking and feeding Dwight/passing out
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Magic.City.23. » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:34 am

Yeah as long as Hedo and Shard come to play in Toronto, and Dwight keeps doin what he does.........we got this series rapped up in 4-5. Hedo has play'd poorly twice now and yet we still won both games so i expect us to win by about 8-10 with him and Shard playin to form. If not though and if they keep playing like did today, I think we might drop a game or two up there but I doubt that will happen. Stan is just too good of a coach and Hedo and Shard are too experienced. 3 bad games in row just dont happen. Raptors havent seen us at our best. They better brace themselves!
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#6 » by Dwightmare » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:41 am

I think the Magic got this one......they are all business on the road, toronto is demoralized, and Dwight is determined/focused.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Post#7 » by drsd » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:37 am

Now on to two chances to get that ever so important road win.

I actually like the Magic's chances to win one of the next two. Rashard and Hedo are unlikely to both toss-up another turd-ball. And Toronto clearly lacks anything to slow-down Howard, and importantly, have been ineffective in boxing him out on offensive rebounds (which offsets the turd-ball shooting of the 3/4 slots).

I will predict a win in game three. StM is to good a coach to let the Magic slide now.
trbank
Sophomore

Post#8 » by trbank » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:38 am

the match will be on Nba Tv Int so there is a good chance that there will be a lot of links to watch the game online. :wink:
Note: did the link for the last match work?Because game 4 will be also on Ntv :confused: :confused:
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by BassMaster » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 am

dwightmeer wrote:I think the Magic got this one......they are all business on the road, toronto is demoralized, and Dwight is determined/focused.

The time the Magic played on the road at Toronto the Magic lost by 17 and you know that the coachs for the Raptors will be reminding his players that they have played the Magic at home and done very well. It's a whole new ballgame and the Magic have to prove that they can beat Toronto on it's home floor something that has evaded them for a while.
Though the one good piece of news is that the head coach for the Raptors plans to start a whole new lineup for the third time in three games. Lets hope that he does as good as a job as he did the first game of the series then the Magic will win.
Now is Lewis and Hedo can start throwing up something that lands in the basket instead of those bricks they were throwing wow did they really suck overall and with three's it was as bad as it could get I hope. I really don't want to see anything worse from them ever.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#10 » by TheGlyde » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:03 am

After game 1 I predicted game 2 would be a dogfight and alot closer but that we would win... I didn't predict Stevie Wonder pulling on the Zebra shirts but apart from that my hunch wasn't far off.

For game 3, I predict a loss, I think a 3rd qtr collapse will do it and we will lose by 6-10pts.

For game 4... I'm feeling another dogfight which could go either way, and will determine whether the series goes 5 games or 6...
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by BassMaster » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 am

TheGlyde wrote:After game 1 I predicted game 2 would be a dogfight and alot closer but that we would win... I didn't predict Stevie Wonder pulling on the Zebra shirts but apart from that my hunch wasn't far off.

For game 3, I predict a loss, I think a 3rd qtr collapse will do it and we will lose by 6-10pts.

For game 4... I'm feeling another dogfight which could go either way, and will determine whether the series goes 5 games or 6...

I predict that the Magic will win game 3. Adding to the Magic beating the Raptors is that their head coach is so unsure about what he is doing he is changing his lineup for the third time in three games. With a coach like that the players should start to feel that he has no confidence in the way they are playing. That cannot help them win the next game.
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#12 » by OMPunk » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:49 am

It's been said several times this year.....the playoff don't start until a team loses at home. We need to come out strong and take, not steal, but take a win in Toronto.

Yes the Raptors may win one in Toronto, but the Magic have absolutely no business losing both games up there.
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Post#13 » by drsd » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:21 am

D12J14 wrote:It's been said several times this year.....the playoff don't start until a team loses at home. We need to come out strong and take, not steal, but take a win in Toronto.

Yes the Raptors may win one in Toronto, but the Magic have absolutely no business losing both games up there.

Except that the Magic can win the series without "starting."

:)
magicfan217
Lead Assistant
And1: 985

Post#14 » by magicfan217 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:42 pm

D12J14 wrote:It's been said several times this year.....the playoff don't start until a team loses at home. We need to come out strong and take, not steal, but take a win in Toronto.

+1

Toronto is NOT as good as we are. Predator, errrr, Bosh is soft. Im so sick of watching him fall down after every shot. What a puss.

We aren't going to shoot that bad again. They cannot even contatin dwight. They aren't even trying. They are just hoping they can outscore us one game.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#15 » by Last Guardian » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:00 pm

:pray:

Tell me Gortat entering in the 4th quarter instead of Adonal is a sign he has taken over as backup center. I think Gortat, if anything, could do some damage on the offensive glass. Hopefully in Dwights standard rest time at the start of the second, Gortat is in instead of Foyle.
magicfan217
Lead Assistant
And1: 985

Post#16 » by magicfan217 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Solid Snake wrote::pray:

Tell me Gortat entering in the 4th quarter instead of Adonal is a sign he has taken over as backup center. I think Gortat, if anything, could do some damage on the offensive glass. Hopefully in Dwights standard rest time at the start of the second, Gortat is in instead of Foyle.

If foyle comes in again and tries to guard bosh im going to puke.

I would rather play shard at center while dwight is out then play adonal on bosh.
jamlando
Rookie

Post#17 » by jamlando » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:11 pm

I like Orlando's chances in Game 3. Unlike previous seasons, this Magic team has been decisively better on the road than at home. Besides that, Orlando has a clear advantage going into Game 3 because our game plan is working and Toronto is still trying to figure out what will work for them. SVG hasn't had to make any adjustments & I know he probably has some tricks up his sleeve that luckily he hasn't had to pull out yet. Toronto can't game plan against things they haven't seen.

IMO, one of the errors Toronto's coach made was not taking Bosh off the floor. He clearly was winded in the 2nd half, the proof was the fact that he only scored 2 points in the 4th qt. They can complain about that no call against Dwight all they want, you have a fresh Bosh maybe he drives to the basket instead of taking a jump shot.
Jigish
Junior

Post#18 » by Jigish » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:13 pm

this game is the deciding factor of how far we get into the playoffs.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:28 pm

Toronto is horrible. We shot horendous from the 3-Pt line and still won the game.

This series ends in Canada.

EDIT: Here I'll edit my post so a certain somebody doesn't warn me for calling Toronto "trash". :D
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by BassMaster » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:32 pm

magicfan217 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If foyle comes in again and tries to guard bosh im going to puke.

I would rather play shard at center while dwight is out then play adonal on bosh.

Foyle's time is over and he showed it trying to guard Bosh. Instead of watching anymore I had to turn the channel I just couldn't take it anymore.
Bringing the Polish Stud into the game made a lot more sense then playing Foyle again.
WTG Polish Stud. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Return to Orlando Magic