ImageImageImageImage

Sour Grapes

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Sour Grapes 

Post#1 » by BassMaster » Sat May 3, 2008 12:45 pm

Some Canadian papers are now saying that the Magic are not that good even though they beat the Raptors and there is no way they can beat the Pistons.

Sounds like a lot of Sour Grapes to me from our neighbors to the north who can't bear thinking that they lost to the Magic. Here is the link to one of the articles.

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles ... 161198&t=0
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#2 » by paperboymafia » Sat May 3, 2008 12:48 pm

haha...

would the raps have beaten the pistons? or even given the round more of a fight? no.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 957

Post#3 » by Devin 1L » Sat May 3, 2008 1:51 pm

Sounds like sour grapes to me too.

First line:
Even though they beat the Toronto Raptors in five games, the Orlando Magic weren
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#4 » by damo[23] » Sat May 3, 2008 1:53 pm

Raptors must just be awful then.
magickingdom
Rookie
And1: 84

Post#5 » by magickingdom » Sat May 3, 2008 1:55 pm

I bet that they all think that Bosten is still the best team in the NBA also.
"Welcome to the MAGIC's KINGDOM !"
PimpORL
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#6 » by PimpORL » Sat May 3, 2008 1:56 pm

The fact that we played so poorly was the best part about it. I can only remember 2 quarters where we shot well, even though it was REALLY well. Despite that, we still pulled out a series victory in 5 games.

And about the article. Who cares. We have to let the Magic show if they're good enough like we did in the last series. The outcome is what matters, not what some Canadian site says.
BehindTheBushes
Sophomore

Post#7 » by BehindTheBushes » Sat May 3, 2008 2:30 pm

This is not an actual canadian news reporter or w.e. its some guy posting his thoughts..
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by BassMaster » Sat May 3, 2008 3:39 pm

BehindTheBushes wrote:This is not an actual canadian news reporter or w.e. its some guy posting his thoughts..

Covers is a real news site in Canada, but all it talks about is sports like SI or ESPN online except that it also is like Vegas and gives the odds not a blog.
And this was not the only Canadian site to say this the major Toronto newspaper also said the same thing as did several other news sites in Canada mainly in the Toronto region. They just hate to lose, like most people , but in this case they are not getting over it too well since this was the second year in a row where they lost in the first round.
Sour Grapes fits the way they are all talking.

BehindTheBushes is a raptor fan or he sounds it in his previous posts.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#9 » by magicman123 » Sat May 3, 2008 4:08 pm

the raptors wouldnt stand a chance against the hawks this year....
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#10 » by craig01 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:19 pm

Article is crap.

4-1 not impressive? BS.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by BassMaster » Sat May 3, 2008 5:30 pm

craig01 wrote:Article is crap.

4-1 not impressive? BS.

Well the stuff being throw at the Magic makes me realize how many "experts" think badly about the Magic.
Until they beat the Pistons and maybe not even then they might finally get the respect that is due them.
At least this time they are no longer being left on the NBA Channel.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#12 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat May 3, 2008 5:32 pm

Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer
And1: 280

Post#13 » by kplooksafterme » Sat May 3, 2008 8:58 pm

As a Canadian and Raptors fan, please ignore our press. It's generally the most ill-informed, sensationalized tripe you can come across in sports journalism north of the border. Any writer who thinks the Magic didn't deserve to beat us, or that you don't stand a chance against Detroit doesn't have a clue and in all honestly doesn't represent the actual fan base. Also, understand you can't expect much more from hockey writers forced to write about that weird sport where "checking" is illegal and the mullet's return has been mysteriously delayed by nearly 2 decades.

Magic in 6.
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by kplooksafterme » Sat May 3, 2008 9:08 pm

cougar13 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Covers is a real news site in Canada, but all it talks about is sports like SI or ESPN online except that it also is like Vegas and gives the odds not a blog.
And this was not the only Canadian site to say this the major Toronto newspaper also said the same thing as did several other news sites in Canada mainly in the Toronto region. They just hate to lose, like most people , but in this case they are not getting over it too well since this was the second year in a row where they lost in the first round.
Sour Grapes fits the way they are all talking.

BehindTheBushes is a raptor fan or he sounds it in his previous posts.

lol, Covers.com is not a "real news site in Canada." It's a site that gives you odds on sports. I read nearly every sports section from every major Toronto news outlet, and though the writing was generally bad, it never said Orlando didn't look good beating the Raptors, or that they didn't deserve to beat them, or even that they don't stand a chance against Detroit. If you're gonna superimpose the opinions of one writer on the entire Raptors fanbase, at least chose one who doesn't write for a sports-betting site.

lol, "covers is a real news site in Canada", too funny man.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 957

Post#15 » by Devin 1L » Sat May 3, 2008 10:18 pm

kplooksafterme wrote:As a Canadian and Raptors fan, please ignore our press. It's generally the most ill-informed, sensationalized tripe you can come across in sports journalism north of the border. Any writer who thinks the Magic didn't deserve to beat us, or that you don't stand a chance against Detroit doesn't have a clue and in all honestly doesn't represent the actual fan base. Also, understand you can't expect much more from hockey writers forced to write about that weird sport where "checking" is illegal and the mullet's return has been mysteriously delayed by nearly 2 decades.

Magic in 6.

:lol:

I just about choked on my hot dog.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by BassMaster » Sun May 4, 2008 5:32 am

kplooksafterme wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

lol, Covers.com is not a "real news site in Canada." It's a site that gives you odds on sports. I read nearly every sports section from every major Toronto news outlet, and though the writing was generally bad, it never said Orlando didn't look good beating the Raptors, or that they didn't deserve to beat them, or even that they don't stand a chance against Detroit. If you're gonna superimpose the opinions of one writer on the entire Raptors fanbase, at least chose one who doesn't write for a sports-betting site.

lol, "covers is a real news site in Canada", too funny man.

If you had read my other posts I did mention about the betting and also your biggest newspaper in Toronto also voiced the same thing as Covers. The good news for Canada is that most of this thinking is limited to those in the Ontario Province not the rest of the country.
You really need to read everything that is posted not just what you want it will give you a bigger picture of everything :wavefinger: :wavefinger:
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by kplooksafterme » Sun May 4, 2008 5:50 am

cougar13 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you had read my other posts I did mention about the betting and also your biggest newspaper in Toronto also voiced the same thing as Covers. The good news for Canada is that most of this thinking is limited to those in the Ontario Province not the rest of the country.
You really need to read everything that is posted not just what you want it will give you a bigger picture of everything :wavefinger: :wavefinger:

ahh brilliant, more unfounded nonsense. Show me a quote of "the biggest newspaper in Toronto" voicing the "same thing as Covers" and I'll give you some credit, but as it stands you're just spouting whatever you want without bothering to confer with reality.

This thinking seems to be limited to a single sports-betting website situated in Nova Scotia, not Ontario.

You could've quoted any number of legitimate sports articles from actual news sources outlining how the Magic thoroughly outplayed the Raptors, etc. etc., but instead you're choosing the opinion of a wager caller for some sports betting website. Well done mate.

On a side note, I just read on an American website that some guy thinks aliens run the whitehouse. I can't believe everyone in your country thinks you're run by aliens. Fact.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
IronChef
Head Coach
And1: 432

Post#18 » by IronChef » Sun May 4, 2008 6:03 am

For what it's worth, I've never heard of covers.com. Nor have I read anything like that in any of our papers (I live in Toronto), but whatever.
Massimo wrote:Arsene wenger for the president.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by BassMaster » Sun May 4, 2008 6:19 am

IronChef wrote:For what it's worth, I've never heard of covers.com. Nor have I read anything like that in any of our papers (I live in Toronto), but whatever.

I get news about the Magic through google.
So try this google Covers.com or just type in www.covers.com
And also try the Toronto Sun.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,034

Post#20 » by drsd » Sun May 4, 2008 2:21 pm

The Magic laid a rotten goose egg. They deserve all they get from the media!!!

Return to Orlando Magic