ImageImageImageImage

I don't understand why there is a realgm headline saying..

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

I don't understand why there is a realgm headline saying.. 

Post#1 » by Happyfoosball » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:05 am

I don't understand why there is a headline stating that Orlando could get Arenas. There is no way they could ever give him enough money with their cap situation. He's going to get a max contract. I don't understand why that headline is there at all. It seems like I read one of them every few weeks and it's usually about Orlando.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Re: I don't understand why there is a realgm headline saying 

Post#2 » by Neon1 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 am

Happyfoosball wrote:I don't understand why there is a headline stating that Orlando could get Arenas. There is no way they could ever give him enough money with their cap situation. He's going to get a max contract. I don't understand why that headline is there at all. It seems like I read one of them every few weeks and it's usually about Orlando.

I dont get it either. I was assuming thaht when i read it i would have been given SOME KIND of reasoning or a quote or something attaxching the possibility to us.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#3 » by BassMaster » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:14 am

Happyfoosball wrote:I don't understand why there is a headline stating that Orlando could get Arenas. There is no way they could ever give him enough money with their cap situation. He's going to get a max contract. I don't understand why that headline is there at all. It seems like I read one of them every few weeks and it's usually about Orlando.

Actually it's just some sports writer from the Washington Post putting out names of certain teams and I guess seeing the reaction also I bet that Arenas agent also mentioned some teams so that his man can get more play (money) from the Wizards where I am sure he is going to stay. The article does mention that Arenas is most likely going to stay with the Wizards.

Basically there is nothing here. Much ado about nothing.
macdalejax
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by macdalejax » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:30 am

I don't understand this either. The article did mention Arenas' relationship with Otis but damn....that would have to be some relationship to get the guy to pass up so much money. Maybe Otis and Gilbert are tighter than we all think but I doubt it. Maybe the writer is looking for a headline. :dontknow:
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,419

Post#5 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:08 am

he's probably talking about a sign and trade possibility. Like sending them Hedo, Jameer, and filler. Obviously not going to happen, but yea.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#6 » by TheGlyde » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:15 am

It references the same article already being discussed here:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=797851
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube

Return to Orlando Magic