ImageImageImageImage

Garbajosa?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

DMannOC
Senior
And1: 0

Garbajosa? 

Post#1 » by DMannOC » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:00 am

It is reported on wire tap that the Raptors are negotiating a buyout for Jorge Garbajosa. If he shows signs of being healthy during the Olympics im thinking we might wanna take a look at him if we can get him cheap. I am making this statement with admittedly not knowing much about him. Opinions?
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#2 » by lovehoops01 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:03 am

Did you read the whole thing? It said he could not pass an NBA physical right now.
DMannOC
Senior

Post#3 » by DMannOC » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:13 am

but it also said he is going to play for the spanish olympic team which tells me that he should be healthy by mid summer and ok to pass a physical by next season.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#4 » by lovehoops01 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:17 am

DMannOC wrote:but it also said he is going to play for the spanish olympic team which tells me that he should be healthy by mid summer and ok to pass a physical by next season.

He played for the Spanish national team the last time they had a national competition when he still was trying to recover from his broken leg. That's why he hasn't been healthy enough to play for the Raptors since then. I'm guessing that he doesn't care about coming back to the NBA that much and that he will play for Spain even if he is not ready. That's what he did the last time.
DMannOC
Senior

Post#5 » by DMannOC » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:19 am

Oh ok, like i said i didn't know too much about him or his situation
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Post#6 » by drsd » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 am

He's a poor rebounder and has horrible shooting stats. Not sure what there is to see in this guy.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#7 » by NEM » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:53 pm

i like the guys pride lol
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Mrkronk
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#8 » by Mrkronk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:22 pm

As a Raptor Fan, I can say one of dudes biggest strength was his D. He pretty much knew exactly when to come over and help, and when not to. Last year, the Raps were a lot better prior to his getting hurt in Boston. Not a great rebounder, But was okay at SF. Plus when his shot was dropping he could really effect the game - and had range too... (see 2006 World Basketball Finals Game)

But, as we all know - His Pride may be his NBA downfall. When he got hurt, all he talked about was getting back in time for the Olympic Qualifying Tourney - which cheesed the Raps Fans because Spain had automatically qualified for the Olympics care of Winning the Championships the previous summer. Raps didn't want him to play - But - He played, stayed hurt and decided to not give a rat's ass about the organization that payed his bills. Same thing is unfolding this summer.

And he Smokes Ciggys.

But if he comes back healthy, he's a decent addition to any team imo.

Return to Orlando Magic