ImageImageImageImage

JJ: "I'LL BE BACK!"

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Re: JJ: "I'LL BE BACK!" 

Post#21 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:44 am

I'm just curious here.....Let's say the Magic gave J.J. a boatload of playing time and he struggled at the start of it. Not saying this would necessarily happen, but how many games would you be willing to lose to give J.J. the opportunity to prove himself as a good NBA player?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,013

Post#22 » by drsd » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:22 am

lovehoops01 wrote:I'm just curious here.....Let's say the Magic gave J.J. a boatload of playing time and he struggled at the start of it. Not saying this would necessarily happen, but how many games would you be willing to lose to give J.J. the opportunity to prove himself as a good NBA player?

For StM, that number is zero. Because Redick was not seen as a guy who could help the team win games is the reason that he lacked playing time.

For the fan, we of course are frustrated at not knowing what happens in practice. But Redick must not be showing his stuff to StM.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#23 » by BassMaster » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:24 am

lovehoops01 wrote:I'm just curious here.....Let's say the Magic gave J.J. a boatload of playing time and he struggled at the start of it. Not saying this would necessarily happen, but how many games would you be willing to lose to give J.J. the opportunity to prove himself as a good NBA player?

So lets say the Magic do give him that time and he produces now what are people going to say about all that time he didn't play at all that is the question I think you would hear if Redick gets to really play this upcoming season.
:starwars
maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#24 » by maginno » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:22 pm

sportsrock37 wrote:[ I just haven't seen anything and neither has 2 coaches that would prove me wrong..

In the days of the wild wild west you would be taken outside and flogged for for that kind of reasoning. As it stands it should be the basis for a suspension whenever anyone tries to make a point even partially based on coach Bhill..
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#25 » by craig01 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:07 pm

I don't think Redick will be here at all.....especially if the pick is a wing player....even then, I think his statements are just political in nature.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#26 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:29 pm

craig01 wrote:I don't think Redick will be here at all.....especially if the pick is a wing player....even then, I think his statements are just political in nature.

really? I think its almost a garuntee that Mo or Bo is out. and well have to keep JJ unless we pick up another sg somewhere or move hedo down to sg. I see Bogans as bigger trade bait on draft night than JJ
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#27 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:44 pm

i am fairly confident that Bogans will remain with us, he's a contract and he's pretty cheap, not to mention regardless of what the forums feel, he does contribute to the team...Mo is a reach I think at this point, even though I know Otis & Stan love him...
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#28 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:41 pm

theTHIEF wrote:i am fairly confident that Bogans will remain with us, he's a contract and he's pretty cheap, not to mention regardless of what the forums feel, he does contribute to the team...Mo is a reach I think at this point, even though I know Otis & Stan love him...

So if mo's gone even if we pick up a sg in the draft we'd still hang on to JJ right? I'm pretty sure he'll be here next season, sparing a draft day trade of some sort.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#29 » by theTHIEF » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 pm

yea, I'd say JJ and Bogans will be here...they are already under contract and Otis is standing firm on JJ...
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#30 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:07 pm

So we keep JJ and Bogans, how do we go about getting a second rounder? a sign and trade with mo? or just buy one from a team like seattle? or do we just not get one?
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#31 » by Versubio » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:08 pm

EasternMagic wrote:So we keep JJ and Bogans, how do we go about getting a second rounder? a sign and trade with mo? or just buy one from a team like seattle? or do we just not get one?

Second rounders are usually acquired with cash.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#32 » by EasternMagic » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:45 am

Versubio wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:So we keep JJ and Bogans, how do we go about getting a second rounder? a sign and trade with mo? or just buy one from a team like seattle? or do we just not get one?

Second rounders are usually acquired with cash.

that's what i figured

Return to Orlando Magic