ImageImageImageImage

OT: Marbury to be Waived This Week

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Force9024
Sixth Man
And1: 0

OT: Marbury to be Waived This Week 

Post#1 » by Force9024 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:29 am

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix0923,0,2403293.story

Would you bring in Marbury if he agreed to take a backseat to Nelson? He'd be cleared to be signed for the minimum after the buyout.. I'd see him trying to get a shot at a title, if he came in here and his head is cleared, he could be a good piece to add to the roster and we could ultimately use Redick and/or Bogans to add more depth. Obviously Wilks would get released however, I think he could really help Nelson in the passing game. We could even put him in at starting 2 guard and let Pietrus and Lee be our sparks off the bench.. Probably would never happen, just curious what you guys think..

NELSON/MARBURY/JOHNSON
PIETRUS/LEE/REDICK
HEDO/BOGANS
LEWIS/COOK/GORTAT
HOWARD/BATTIE/FOYLE
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,188

Re: OT: Marbury to be Waived This Week 

Post#2 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:51 am

Nope. The guy is way too irrational to have on the team. Mental wise, he is the opposite of every player we have on the team. Do you feel comfortable trusting the guy when you need him?
aka: prorl
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#3 » by MagicMadness » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 am

Talented player, but this is the person we would be getting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYY338_JgvI

Basically, Nelson would be mentoring him. Sadly, the guy's just a lost cause. I'm hoping he succeeds somwewhere, but he is just too much of a risk for this particular team (and most teams in general).
tjm384
Veteran
And1: 36

Post#4 » by tjm384 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:14 am

No i don't want Marbury on Orlando that headcase would not be welcomed in the Magic locker room.watch this crazy video the guy is on some kind of drugs.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWxgbyYrT5A
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,936

Post#5 » by drsd » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am

Marbury will only ink with a team that can promise starting minutes. This means a Miami-type team.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#6 » by Jiwol » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:24 am

For the sake of my fantasy team I really hope he finds a spot on some roster. Preferably a starting spot :)
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#7 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 am

He'll probably end up signing in Boston and being a key role player in their second championship run. We don't need a guy like that.

But seriously, his mental state is probably too much of a question mark at this point.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#8 » by RickB-Orlando » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:38 am

If the Knicks, in their serious state of disarray, feel it's best to drop the guy rather than have him on the team, why would we want to pick him up?

I'm sure he will have a productive year somewhere, he's most likely been dogging it the past year, but I agree with other posters - at this point, the negatives outweigh the positives. His bad atitude seems like a festering wound to any team, which is dangerously likely to infect others.
El_Magico
Veteran

Post#9 » by El_Magico » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Hell to tha no!!
Francis and Marbury are lost hopes.

If we were thinking of taking a head case waiver PG I would much rather go with Tinsley.
Kevin Durant tweeted:
"I wanna see Brian Scalabrine, Adonal Foyle, Fabricio Oberto and Zydrunas Ilgauskas in the dunk contest"
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#10 » by TheRevTy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Everyone expects him to join the Heat. Should be interesting, Marbury and Beasley playing for a team that Pat Riley heads up...

Ya know how we were talking about how great our chemistry is and how our team is full of good guys who know their role and accept it? This would make Miami our antithesis.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#11 » by Magicalltheway » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:50 pm

his persona aside, he is a 2 time All-star who will be a productive pg for a good coach somewhere. He will be a starter for a desperate team for a pg no doubt. But that team will not be Orlando Magic. We dont need clashes of characters.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#12 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:05 pm

I think Stan can make him play to his former self with our great team psychologists...he should be back to allstar status.

but seriously though..no..

we are good w/ courtney lee as our backup pg..and if we got stephon..it would mean jj gets less pt.
Work Hard
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#13 » by Dome » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:54 pm

I think his best chances lay in Europe if he's waived. He already said he liked to play in Europe a few times, I think the chances of that happening are pretty realistic. We'll see I guess, I must say I don't really care. I think I'd rather see him go to Europe than make iffy headlines on an NBA bench.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#14 » by EasternMagic » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:00 pm

in the Can the Magic Make it to The Finals thread I have been boasting on how amazing our teams chemistry is and how if we do have a chance to make it there the chemistry of our team is what would give us that extra push. Adding Marbury will give us that extra push, but in the wrong direction. SAY NO TO STEPHON
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#15 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:13 pm

How many players have averaged 20 and 8 for their careers?
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#16 » by MagicalMan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:32 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Everyone expects him to join the Heat. Should be interesting, Marbury and Beasley playing for a team that Pat Riley heads up...

Ya know how we were talking about how great our chemistry is and how our team is full of good guys who know their role and accept it? This would make Miami our antithesis.

Well Riley isnt coaching, so i wonder how a rookie coach would handle him.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#17 » by EasternMagic » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:44 pm

I dont think that would go over well.. I dont look at the heat right now as a solid team. As far as talent goes, they are great, but they havent developed as a team yet, with the Marion situation being in limbo, the whole mario chalmers incident, haslem always being discussed in trade talks and beasley is just a rook right now, Im not saying they wont connect, I'm just saying they havent yet. Throwing a guy like Marbury in that situation just doesnt seem right. It would almost be like a Knicks situation, a lot of talent, with lack of chemistry. I think Miami will be a great team if they can get on the same page throughout next season though.
BoricuaBoi
Senior
And1: 13

Post#18 » by BoricuaBoi » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Ask yourself this, should we get him to prevent teams such as Boston From Getting him? I dont know about you guys but that would suck. Think about this lineup

Marbury
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Perkins
Boston fans have Green asses and Brown noses! Right Stu?
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#19 » by NEM » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:57 pm

if he was a college football player, he could sign with USF hahaha
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,188

Post#20 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:01 pm

LOL he could go to Italy like he wanted or he can go to Miami and sabotage that team.
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic