ImageImageImageImage

OT: ESPN Draft for Fantasy Basketball

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

OT: ESPN Draft for Fantasy Basketball 

Post#1 » by glennathan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:39 pm

I want some opinions on my team I just drafted for ESPN Fantasy Basketball. It is a 10 team H2H league and a live draft. Please let me know some opinions for which I can improve. The list is a little different so I will post it how ESPN has it listed.

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Ray Allen
SF- Rashard Lewis
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Ben Wallace
G- Ramon Sessions
F- David West
UTIL- Emeka Okafor
UTIL- Raymond Felton
UTIL- Al Harrington
BENCH- Samuel Dalembert
BENCH- Stephen Jackson
BENCH- Raja Bell
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Re: OT: ESPN Draft for Fantasy Basketball 

Post#2 » by Dunkin On Ya » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:11 pm

I'd look to upgrade from Ramon Sessions. Try to deal Ben Wallace. He is more of a hinderance than a help anymore.
Big A All Day
Head Coach
And1: 678

Post#3 » by Big A All Day » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:11 pm

first 4 looks good... gets uglier as u go down the list

Edit: Ugly besides David West
glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by glennathan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:34 pm

BigA2k8 wrote:first 4 looks good... gets uglier as u go down the list

Edit: Ugly besides David West

What is so ugly about the rest of the roster? I thought I picked guys who were top preformers on their teams? I appreciate the opinion though I just would like a further explanation why I only had 5 good picks.

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#5 » by EasternMagic » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:35 pm

and stephen jackson, and al harington, shoot raymond felton and okafor and even bell arent to shabby it looks like you have a pretty deep team, i like it with the exception of Ben Wallace i would get him out of there
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Magic.City.23. » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Thats an excellent team if you ask me.... Dont know what those guys are hating on..... Only knock would be Ben Wallace and his FT's, but then again he should definitely bring alot of blocks and rebs if he can get good minutes...
glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by glennathan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 pm

I figured I did not have alot of blocks or rebounds which is why I went after him. I know that Dalembert is going to get me blocks but I wanted to make sure I have a shot of winning the category sometimes. Anyways I have people hating on here but one one response so far on how to improve. I would like to hear some repsonses on how to improve as well.

Thanks Magic.City.23 for the cudos. I thought it was a dominating force for a team.

Just as a joke could you imagine if this was the team the Magic had on a daily basis?

Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Dunkin On Ya » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 pm

It is hard to tell you how to upgrade your team when I can't see who is on the FA list. I would think that Ramon Sessions could be upgraded.

As for Ben Wallace...I just don't like him in fantasy basketball. He will give you some blocks and rebounds, but he isn't the player he used to be. I'd shop him aroudn and see what you can get.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by Magic.City.23. » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:56 pm

Once again, I dont understand the hate you are getting here. Ramon Sessions is quality for a 3rd PG w/out question.... His upside is probably higher than anyone else in the league @ his position right now, besides the rookies. Plus, you have cp3 & Felton ahead of him anyway.... That is a more than solid PG rotation.

Your team looks fine so I would just hold tight if I were you unless you get an AMAZing offer or something. Big Ben would be hard to move, but you already have TD, Emeka Okafor, David West, and Dalembert in front of him, so I would just keep him around. He really locks up the rebs & blks category for you. Looks like you have good balance.... You cold maybe improve in the stls category and 3PM, but like i said, those arent really weaknesses, just places where you could maybe be a little stronger in.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Dunkin On Ya » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:09 pm

Magic.City.23. wrote:Once again, I dont understand the hate you are getting here. Ramon Sessions is quality for a 3rd PG w/out question.... His upside is probably higher than anyone else in the league @ his position right now, besides the rookies. Plus, you have cp3 & Felton ahead of him anyway.... That is a more than solid PG rotation.

Your team looks fine so I would just hold tight if I were you unless you get an AMAZing offer or something. Big Ben would be hard to move, but you already have TD, Emeka Okafor, David West, and Dalembert in front of him, so I would just keep him around. He really locks up the rebs & blks category for you. Looks like you have good balance.... You cold maybe improve in the stls category and 3PM, but like i said, those arent really weaknesses, just places where you could maybe be a little stronger in.

Can't believe I am going to get in a discussion about Ramon Sessions...

Does this league utilize 3 utilities positions? It doesn't really matter who he backs up...this is fantasy basketball, you need to be solid all the way through.

How much time will Sessions get? The Bucks have Ridnour, Charlie Bell & Tyronn Lue. Not many minutes at the backup pg spot.

As for Wallace...with Okafor, Duncan and Dally, he already has the blocks locked up. Why not try to help himself with a big who can increase the ft% some? Okafor and Wallace are going to give him no chance there.

Again, this is hard to do without seeing the free agent list. Good luck though.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by Magic.City.23. » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:42 pm

lmao? How long do you actually think Ridnaur will be the starter brah? Session is clearly the better talent, he's just inexperianced(should be starting by december)....Even if he puts up exactly what he averaged last season tho(8ppg, 7.5ast, 3.5rebs), thats still more than good from your 3rd best PG..... I dont really know what you are expecting.....and that's not eve factoring in his potential to be better....

He probably picked up Ben in one of the later rounds anyways.... Its always good to have those 3-4 blk games he give you every once in while, with like 8 rebs & a couple stls. He's a utility guy who will boost him in the tough categories probably better than anyone else who was available at that stage...and it's not like he's shooting 10 ft's a game anymore.... probably only like 3-4 at the most, so that's not a concern... I dont really care, it's your opinion, I just think that he has a clear top 3 team from the looks of it....After all, I dont know how big the league is so it may just be average, but it looks pretty good to me..
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Dunkin On Ya » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:46 pm

If Sessions is the starter by December, please bump this thread to the top so that I can issue you an apology.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by Dunkin On Ya » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:02 pm

I was curious to see how the Milwaukee Bucks fans viewed Sessions:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=839958
glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by glennathan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:06 pm

This is a 10 team league. I took Ben Wallace as my last pick of the draft. There is 3 UTIL positions in the league. I appreciate the feedback. The next closest person to me which I am worried about is a dude that has Baron Davis, Dwight Howard, and Dirk Nowitski. Kinda worried about that team.

Return to Orlando Magic