ImageImageImageImage

Impressed with Lee's defense

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,217

Impressed with Lee's defense 

Post#1 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:01 pm

The kid has tremendous defense ability. He is fast and quick which helps him stay with his man. He jumps high and has long arms which helps him contest jumpers. Most impressive is his defense IQ and his willingness to play defense. He has good instincts in where to move and he seems to enjoy playing defense. That alone is going to earn him minutes. As he gets more playing time he will get more comfortable with his offense. When he has the ball in the backcourt he does not get flustered. He can drive and shot. More important, he looks like he belongs out there.
aka: prorl
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Re: Impressed with Lee's defense 

Post#2 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:09 pm

so is SVG!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... 2585.story

Rookie SG Courtney Lee earning playing time with aggressive defense

One way to find playing time for Coach Stan Van Gundy is to play defense like a demon, especially if you're a rookie.

SG Courtney Lee could make Van Gundy reconsider using just an eight-man rotation. Lee had three steals in the second quarter Wednesday night against the Oklahoma City Thunder -- and one theft drew praise from GM Otis Smith.

Lee virtually served as a one-man defense against a fastbreak. He kept running and intercepted the ball near the Thunder's baseline.

"They never saw him. A great, great play," Smith said.

Lee finished 2 of 4 shooting for four points and grabbed a rebound in nearly 14 minutes. It appears he has taken any significant minutes that J.J. Redick was eyeing before Redick was demoted after a solid preseason.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#3 » by glennathan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:31 pm

could this be a start of decent drafting by smith and company?
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
happypedro12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#4 » by happypedro12 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Yea but we NEVER play rookies, I can't even remember when I saw a rookie playing. But I do really like Lee, he does seem very confident on the floor
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,773

Post#5 » by SOUL » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:44 pm

hey stan why are you impressed by bogans then :(
tombo125
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by tombo125 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:19 pm

happypedro12 wrote:Yea but we NEVER play rookies, I can't even remember when I saw a rookie playing. But I do really like Lee, he does seem very confident on the floor

Thats because only the good rookies play. Meaning we play the good rookies and not the bad ones.
PigsEatHam
Analyst
And1: 384

Post#7 » by PigsEatHam » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:23 pm

tombo125 wrote:
happypedro12 wrote:Yea but we NEVER play rookies, I can't even remember when I saw a rookie playing. But I do really like Lee, he does seem very confident on the floor

Thats because only the good rookies play. Meaning we play the good rookies and not the bad ones.

We played Dwight (naturally) and Jameer their rookie years; then we drafted the Fran the no-show, then Redick, and then one year we didn't have a pick, and then we drafted Courtney--which, so far, looks like a good pick for the low twenties--and a phenomenal pick considering the team's history.

Return to Orlando Magic