ImageImageImageImage

Luke Walton is Lakers forgetton man

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,369

Luke Walton is Lakers forgetton man 

Post#1 » by eyriq » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Luke Walton is Lakers forgotten man

Two seasons ago, Luke Walton was the starting small forward, his future looking bright enough that the Lakers rewarded him with a six-year, $30-million contract. Two years later, Walton has become the forgotten man in the Lakers' deep, talented rotation. He is playing 3.7 minutes per game, fewest on the team. Walton averaged 23.4 minutes last season, appearing in 74 games, averaging 7.2 points. Now, he can't get in the rotation, and that pains Coach Phil Jackson. "Luke is the one guy I worry about a little bit because he's going to have to stay in shape without playing himself into shape by practicing himself there, because there are minutes that could be available," Jackson said. -- LA Times

I think he'd be a great fit in Orlando, especially considering the type of offense that Stan likes to run.JJ and Bogans would get it done financially.
imonfire99
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Luke Walton is Lakers forgetton man 

Post#2 » by imonfire99 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 pm

eyriq wrote:Luke Walton is Lakers forgotten man

Two seasons ago, Luke Walton was the starting small forward, his future looking bright enough that the Lakers rewarded him with a six-year, $30-million contract. Two years later, Walton has become the forgotten man in the Lakers' deep, talented rotation. He is playing 3.7 minutes per game, fewest on the team. Walton averaged 23.4 minutes last season, appearing in 74 games, averaging 7.2 points. Now, he can't get in the rotation, and that pains Coach Phil Jackson. "Luke is the one guy I worry about a little bit because he's going to have to stay in shape without playing himself into shape by practicing himself there, because there are minutes that could be available," Jackson said. -- LA Times

I think he'd be a great fit in Orlando, especially considering the type of offense that Stan likes to run.JJ and Bogans would get it done financially.

knowing the magic that would trade backfire as kobe would teach jj his turnaround fadeaway. jj would then proceed to be the most prolific scorer in nba history.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:19 pm

Luke Walton's salary is 4,420,000 while the combined salaries of Redick and Bogans is over 5 million so the Lakers would have to send some cash as well to complete this deal. So why would they???
Now if you sent Brian Cook and Marcin Gortat that would make the deal just 200 thousand under Walton's salary so that would make more sense for the Lakers and they get needed help at PF.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#4 » by mhectorgato » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:31 pm

cougar13 wrote:

Luke Walton's salary is 4,420,000 while the combined salaries of Redick and Bogans is over 5 million so the Lakers would have to send some cash as well to complete this deal. So why would they???
Now if you sent Brian Cook and Marcin Gortat that would make the deal just 200 thousand under Walton's salary so that would make more sense for the Lakers and they get needed help at PF.

Since both teams are over the cap, then the salaries have to be within 125% ... This trade would work under the CBA.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:37 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

Since both teams are over the cap, then the salaries have to be within 125% ... This trade would work under the CBA.

Which one???
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#6 » by mhectorgato » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:18 pm

cougar13 wrote:Which one???

The total outgoing salaries of both teams have to be within 125% of each other.

RealGM Trade Checker wrote:Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Orlando and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Orlando and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=4821405
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#7 » by SS_MagicMark » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Why would the Lakers want Brian Cook back, anyway? They already found a sucker to take him.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:05 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
cougar13 wrote:Which one???

The total outgoing salaries of both teams have to be within 125% of each other.

RealGM Trade Checker wrote:Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Orlando and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Orlando and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=4821405

This one works as well.
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#9 » by Devin 1L » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:09 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

Also, even if the contracts didn't work, a team couldn't just "send some cash", as cougar stated.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Devin 1L wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

Also, even if the contracts didn't work, a team couldn't just "send some cash", as cougar stated.

Actually I read if they are within a certain margin they can do just that, and the trade I did falls within that margin.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#11 » by craig01 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:53 am

SS_MagicMark wrote:Why would the Lakers want Brian Cook back, anyway? They already found a sucker to take him.

Bingo.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,369

Post#12 » by eyriq » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:08 am

I did check with the trade machine before mentioning that JJ and Bogans would fill out the trade, but my main point was more that I think Walton is the kind of player that would thrive in our system, and having him on our bench would be terrific. He fits that Hedo mold I think.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#13 » by mhectorgato » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:42 am

cougar13 wrote:
Devin 1L wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:Since both teams are over the cap, then the salaries have to be within 125% ... This trade would work under the CBA.

Actually I read if they are within a certain margin they can do just that, and the trade I did falls within that margin.

They can send money anytime they want. Same with draft picks. However neither have any impact on the incoming / outgoing contract values, which is what 1L was referring to.

Unless you actually want to post a link to where you read that .... ?
Big Aaron
Junior

Post#14 » by Big Aaron » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:09 am

Cougar: Why would we trade away two big men in Cook and Gortat when we are crying out for big men? It makes no sense. You just don't want to entertain any idea of JJ being traded, even though he is at the bottom of a log-jammed pecking order.

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:If Brandon Roy & Richard Hamilton had a baby...and Penny & Spiderman had a baby...and then some how those two babies met in the future and F***ed, that would be Courtney Lee.

Return to Orlando Magic