ImageImageImageImage

If the playoffs started today,

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

If the playoffs started today, 

Post#1 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Orlando (3) vs. Detroit (6).

What do you think? Should we be rooting for DET to win all the way up to the #4 seed, or should we be hoping that they keep losing, with the risk that they remain #6 and us #3?
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: If the playoffs started today, 

Post#2 » by christian72589 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:05 pm

i know that our last game would say otherwise but honestly i think we got 'em this time around.

Dwight plays scared against rasheed which is really why we have always had trouble with them... but their guards<<our guards right now.... even without jameer and SVG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>curry.

it wouldn't bother me ll that much,
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#3 » by magicfan4life05 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:08 pm

It wouldn't be pretty.

I know the pistons would be happy.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#4 » by drsd » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Philly and Miami are playing better, but Detroit would be confident.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#5 » by glennathan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:10 pm

I do not want to avoid Detroit in the playoffs. I want to beat them in the playoffs and make it an embarassment on their part which is possible because they are without Chauncey. I agree that Dwight plays scared when going against Rasheed but the key to us winning is not him gaining the mentality against sheed but that the pistons have no Billups.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
MagicFan149
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by MagicFan149 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:12 pm

last season we all thought we had a chance against them... without battie,now we have him along with a more devolped gortat... also last season jameer is probably comparable with alston,although our back up pg's are a little worse this season... not too mention i feel like the 2g sitiuation is in a much better place than last season

if we thought we had a shot at them last season i dont see why we couldnt beat them this season with them missing billups.... i dont mind us meeting them in the 1st round and i would think it would help us get over a big mental hurddle taking them out of the playoffs, hell i want to play them
Summertime and the livin's easy....
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#7 » by darthcheech2000 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:13 pm

christian72589 wrote:i know that our last game would say otherwise but honestly i think we got 'em this time around.

Dwight plays scared against rasheed which is really why we have always had trouble with them... but their guards<<our guards right now.... even without jameer and SVG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>curry.

it wouldn't bother me ll that much,

+1 , and I hate how rasheed gets in dwight's head. I want to meet them, we will beat them in a seven game series, they have it coming.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
MagicFan149
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by MagicFan149 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:25 pm

i dont know if anyone really gets into his head... detriots plays a physical style of defense year round and gets away with alot... because dwight doesnt go flopping around refs tend to let the physical play continue especially in the playoffs... against teams like this dwight needs to move a little more without the ball so that the pistons cant always have a body leaning and pushing on him... it seems the offense is a little more structured to have dwight doing that away from the ball this year... he will learn overtime to handle defenses like the pistons

but the magic still need to take that step towards becoming title contenders and getting bye detroit would be a step in the right direction
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,413

Post#9 » by UCFJayBird » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:42 pm

at this point i'm not even confident Detroit will make the playoffs. They're playing terrible right now and are free falling, while Philadelphia and Milwaukee are starting to close in on them, and Chicago has started to turn it around and are making a push towards .500.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#10 » by craig01 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:26 pm

The magic will handle the Pistons this year.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
CLee4Three
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#11 » by CLee4Three » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:28 pm

I think we could take them this year, but I'm really hoping they don't wind up at #6 just in case.
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by magicfanatic23 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:58 pm

CLee4Three wrote:I think we could take them this year, but I'm really hoping they don't wind up at #6 just in case.

+1

I'd rather not find out if we can take them honestly but if we do play them, I think we will beat Detroit this year. But I'd definitely like to play Philly or Miami over Detroit just based on matchups and previous experience.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#13 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Well the simple solution is to take the #1 seed.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,494

Post#14 » by doct3r dr3 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:17 pm

DO NOT WANT PISTONS.

I don't care who's on their team, who's coaching it, where their team is located, what its called, how many MVP candidates and future Hall of Famers are on our team, I don't ever want to face that organization in the playoffs again. Period.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
MagicFan149
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by MagicFan149 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:29 pm

doct3r dr3 wrote:****.

DO NOT WANT PISTONS.

I don't care who's on their team, who's coaching it, where their team is located, what its called, how many MVP candidates and future Hall of Famers are on our team, I don't ever want to face that organization in the playoffs again. Period.

wow... you are that scared of there organization... weak... really weak... imagine if the magic players ever let this crap creep into their mind
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by magicfanatic23 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:57 pm

MagicFan149 wrote:
doct3r dr3 wrote:****.

DO NOT WANT PISTONS.

wow... you are that scared of there organization... weak... really weak... imagine if the magic players ever let this crap creep into their mind

Chances are, some of the Magic players do have these thoughts in their mind. They are probably much less confident against Detroit.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#17 » by EasternMagic » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Orlando (3) vs. Detroit (6).

What do you think? Should we be rooting for DET to win all the way up to the #4 seed, or should we be hoping that they keep losing, with the risk that they remain #6 and us #3?

Yes I'm still afraid of Detroit
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#18 » by AgEnT50 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:26 pm

I want to avoid them at all cost, BUT if we have to play them I believe we will beat them
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#19 » by Bensational » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:44 pm

i'd PREFER not to play them, but at the same time, i'd rather the team not have any ghosts, so it'd be nice for them to beat them and shake the feeling that Detroit have our number. same as we did with Atlanta on those back to backs.

meanwhile, i'm hopin the Hawks make it to the 2nd rd versus the C's (should they take #1).
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#20 » by G-Heel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Detroit don't scare me, they're a dead team. Billups took it with him to Denver.
Fire Otis!

Return to Orlando Magic