ImageImageImageImage

OT: MJ's in the HoF | Marcus Jordan commits 2 Knights

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Re: OT: MJ's in the HoF | Marcus Jordan commits 2 Knights 

Post#21 » by UCF » Tue Apr 7, 2009 3:26 am

I'm still more excited about Clanton than any of UCF's recruits. Today we added two solid pieces to building UCF into a contender in the conference. The reality is we'll have 11 sophomore's and freshmen on our roster with a lot of room to grow.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Magic.City.23. » Tue Apr 7, 2009 6:37 am

N4U|Redux wrote:Chris, I think the fault you have is that you're comparing yourself (a rational non-delusional yet supportive fan) with your brethren that are commenting here but not on the UCF thread (e.g. Magic.City.23., DJRajX) as well as elsewhere.

Hey, I'm happy for you guys that you got him and hope to see your basketball team do well. I'm sure I'll "derail" the UCF thread at some point again, but relax, I respect you guys to the right (though, more academically than athletics).

If the buzz is truly over the Jordan name then great, but there should be more buzz about Clanton signing with you guys but that was basically unmentioned everywhere; I believe I was keeping more tabs on it in the thread than you guys were.

Good luck winning C-USA in the near future. Though, with Memphis likely imploding that probably means about as much as that conference "championship" in football the same year you got blown out by 52 points to USF and lost to all 3 BCS teams you played that year.

Wtf? I made a post in the UCF thread about this very subject before I even created this thread. The only reason I made this thread was so that others who dont check that thread regularly would see the news quicker.... I'm sure not too many people are all that anxious about checking a thread titled 'UCF spring football' on a daily basis.... especially on a basketball forum.... and then expecting to hear news about basketball recruits. Maybe if the title of that thread was more general, I wouldn't have created this thread, but I figured more people would see the news quicker this way.

This was also supposed to be a thread acknowledging that MJ was inducted into the Hall of Fame, but for whatever reason most of the people wanted to talk about Marcus' commitment, which is perfectly fine. It wasn't just strictly supposed to be about Marcus Jordan though, and never did I even say or imply that I think he is gonna be some kind of superstar. I dont expect him to a one man program changer & drop 20 pts a night or anything like that, but it something to be excited about to have NBA royalty in the program. I'm not gonna lie, it is exciting to have him, but I dont expect him be a Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo or anything close to that... especially not as a freshman...

And Idk why your calling me out for not commenting in the UCF thread when I've made numerous comments about this in the 'UCF spring football' thread over the last week or two and I was the 1st one to comment on his commitment in there today before posting it on the main board...
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#23 » by drsd » Tue Apr 7, 2009 6:41 am

Given that Memphis is likely to take five steps backwards, UCF might win the C-USA in 2-3 years!

:)
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#24 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Apr 7, 2009 10:47 am

drsd wrote:Given that Memphis is likely to take five steps backwards, UCF might win the C-USA in 2-3 years!

:)

Meaning what exactly? Memphis winning C-USA got them little respect from me and others (and their performance showed in the tournament). If a non-Memphis team, without the talent, wins C-USA it'll be viewed with crickets chirping in the background.

I guess it'll be some hardware in the trophy case though and a few decades from now when the alumni cannot remember how poor of a conference they won (like they did in football recently) it'll be some sort of an achievement to them.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#25 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Apr 7, 2009 10:54 am

Magic.City.23. wrote:Wtf? I made a post in the UCF thread about this very subject before I even created this thread. The only reason I made this thread was so that others who dont check that thread regularly would see the news quicker....

That is usually the point from deviating from a designated thread, right? Alas, it proves what I was saying that it's so buzzworthy that you wanted get out the news "quicker." Where was this thread for Clanton?

This was also supposed to be a thread acknowledging that MJ was inducted into the Hall of Fame, but for whatever reason most of the people wanted to talk about Marcus' commitment, which is perfectly fine.

No, it's not. You gave a ramble for several sentences about UCF just now. It's about Marcus first. Plus, there's already a MJ/HOF thread which would've nicely simply been updated.

And Idk why your calling me out for not commenting in the UCF thread when I've made numerous comments about this in the 'UCF spring football' thread over the last week or two and I was the 1st one to comment on his commitment in there today before posting it on the main board...

Relax, I wasn't "calling you out" just saying that you aren't a frequent poster in there like UCFJayBird, UCF, Lite Hedded, KnightChris, Cammo101, etc.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Kweli
Bench Warmer

Post#26 » by Kweli » Tue Apr 7, 2009 8:55 pm

Laker fan here.

I go to UCF so it will be interesting to see how he develops over the next 4 years. I hope his dad will come visit the campus a few times a year. :)
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#27 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Apr 7, 2009 9:24 pm

Kweli wrote:Laker fan here.

I go to UCF so it will be interesting to see how he develops over the next 4 years. I hope his dad will come visit the campus a few times a year. :)

A Laker fan that goes to UCF? What kind of a loser are you, get on the Magic express. Or, you can just stay on the Laker bandwagon (God knows you're not a CA native nobody would leave their schools to go to anything short of UF).
Kweli
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by Kweli » Tue Apr 7, 2009 9:32 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:
Kweli wrote:Laker fan here.

A Laker fan that goes to UCF? What kind of a loser are you, get on the Magic express. Or, you can just stay on the Laker bandwagon (God knows you're not a CA native nobody would leave their schools to go to anything short of UF).

I Transferred from Boise State
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer

Post#29 » by Magic.City.23. » Tue Apr 7, 2009 10:54 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:That is usually the point from deviating from a designated thread, right? Alas, it proves what I was saying that it's so buzzworthy that you wanted get out the news "quicker." Where was this thread for Clanton?

Of course it's more buzzworthy. Marcus Jordan is basketball royalty. After all this is an NBA board, and Marcus is the son of (whom most consider) the greatest player of all time. I dont see the problem with people being excited over him... It's not like UCF basketball is a powerhouse and we're getting any program changers. It's just finally we get a recognizable name that will maybe motivate a few more people go to a few a more games.... I pretty much never start threads, but thought it was @ least 'co-thread' worthy. Didn't mean to disrupt the balance.

No, it's not. You gave a ramble for several sentences about UCF just now. It's about Marcus first. Plus, there's already a MJ/HOF thread which would've nicely simply been updated.

I didn't see that thread when made the post... It's not a big deal.

Relax, I wasn't "calling you out" just saying that you aren't a frequent poster in there like UCFJayBird, UCF, Lite Hedded, KnightChris, Cammo101, etc.

Maybe, but you made it out as if I am some kind of delusional fan who thinks young MJ is gonna be a one man program changer. I dont. I grew up in Gainesville and follow UF sports pretty closely, and I know that UCF has along way to go in terms of recruiting talent and building a team. Hell, I wasn't even all that excited about UF basketball last year, but things are looking up for them next year. Imagine now how it's even harder for me to get excited about UCF bball, but I pull for them as much as I can... In reality, there usually isn't really all that much for me get excited about in terms of UCF athletics. Sorry, I got a little happy that young MJ is coming here and might motivate myself and other to attend a few more games. I didn't mean to put a damper on your day by making you scroll over an extra thread. My bad.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#30 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Apr 7, 2009 10:56 pm

Kweli wrote:I Transferred from Boise State

Ha, it was a rhetorical question, but thanks for the reply nonetheless.

It's a shame there's no NBA out there in Idaho :lol:
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#31 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Apr 7, 2009 11:01 pm

Magic.City.23. wrote:I didn't mean to put a damper on your day by making you scroll over one extra thread. My bad.

I hadn't realized I couldn't complain about a thread's contents. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

It's too bad my memory is lousy.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by Magic.City.23. » Tue Apr 7, 2009 11:05 pm

Haha. What are you a realgm rent-a-cop or somethin? If I broke a rule, i'm sorry. Relax. Nobody seems to have a problem with the thread except you, buddy. It's really not a big deal.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#33 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Apr 7, 2009 11:07 pm

Magic.City.23. wrote:Haha. What are you a realgm rent-a-cop or somethin? If I broke a rule, i'm sorry. Relax. Nobody seems to have a problem with the thread except you, buddy. It's really not a big deal.

LOL, I don't have a problem with the thread anymore man. Initially I was thinking it should be merged, it wasn't and the discussion here is basically done anyway. I'm not in the mood to bicker about where this thread should've been placed. You just defended your honor a little late is all :lol: .
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by Magic.City.23. » Tue Apr 7, 2009 11:14 pm

^aight, np. i learned that i'll just stop making threads from now on tho. that should solve everything, because apparently i suck @ it. ;)

OT: let's hope Dwight ****'s on Ming & the Rockets tonight
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#35 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Apr 7, 2009 11:32 pm

Magic.City.23. wrote:^aight, np. i learned that i'll just stop making threads from now on tho. that should solve everything, because apparently i suck @ it. ;)

Heh, if you're saying that based on me moaning here, sorry. It's what I do, I cry and moan on these boards. Every now and then I give some sort of enlightening comment but as finals approach it's more moaning and less enlightenment ;).

If it's because of other threads being bad then..yeah maybe you should quit while you're ahead. You don't want to become the next RawLew 8-) .
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#36 » by craig01 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 12:18 am

Now boys.........
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
goflyakite
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#37 » by goflyakite » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:49 am

N4U|Redux wrote:Chris, I think the fault you have is that you're comparing yourself (a rational non-delusional yet supportive fan) with your brethren that are commenting here but not on the UCF thread (e.g. Magic.City.23., DJRajX) as well as elsewhere.

Hey, I'm happy for you guys that you got him and hope to see your basketball team do well. I'm sure I'll "derail" the UCF thread at some point again, but relax, I respect you guys to the right (though, more academically than athletics).

If the buzz is truly over the Jordan name then great, but there should be more buzz about Clanton signing with you guys but that was basically unmentioned everywhere; I believe I was keeping more tabs on it in the thread than you guys were.

Good luck winning C-USA in the near future. Though, with Memphis likely imploding that probably means about as much as that conference "championship" in football the same year you got blown out by 52 points to USF and lost to all 3 BCS teams you played that year.

And so pointing out how UCF was embarrassed by easily the most classless program in the state meant what with regard to the original subject? Looks as though you chose the op to add that crap just to dampen the enthus. Let me guess...you have some affiliation to that successful yet low class program?
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#38 » by N4U|Redux » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:58 am

goflyakite wrote:And so pointing out how UCF was embarrassed by easily the most classless program in the state meant what with regard to the original subject?

Errm...UCF is getting more talented in basketball.

Conference USA is getting worse.

UCF could win said conference.

Winning said conference would be equivalent to winning the conference as it was (and still is) in football.

= Basically nothing.

The comment was entirely in context though.

Let me guess...you have some affiliation to that successful yet low class program?

Thanks for calling it successful. I'm quite aware of how low class the program is. Nick Saban (Alabama's coach) has already notified me of that. Unlike Alabama though I find it amusing a reprentative of a school that has had it's current head coach lie on his resume and is currently engulfed in a battle over the death of a player is talking to me about class.

But, I know, it's all UCiFers have on USF. We know all about your superior academics - despite us getting 3x more endowments than you - and we know our program is in a classless manner - despite UF and Urban Meyer with his problems, with FSU getting suspensions, violations, etc left and right; with the real thug U over in Miami never improving it's image and with the school of Erick Plancher's death we're definitely not the worst class school in the state. Thank you.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#39 » by N4U|Redux » Wed Apr 8, 2009 2:02 am

^ BTW, I'm not trying to say USF is "better" than UCF in academics or class. Just that UCF isn't the prime example of either in the state and in the first case is behind in pretty much every measurement that holds any sort of merit (endowments being the #1 way a university is judged typically). The second one is very objective at best.

In both cases, I don't care what side you're affiliated with, it's absurd to believe USF or UCF is significantly better than the other in any non-athletic area.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#40 » by UCF » Wed Apr 8, 2009 2:40 am

Looks like this story made the wiretap... I also heard it was front page on yahoo.com at one point

Return to Orlando Magic