ImageImageImageImage

New York @ Orlando Game Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Re: New York @ Orlando Game Thread 

Post#281 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:33 am

sportsrock37 wrote:We are playing to not play Detroit in the first round, IMO.

Doesn't make sense considering we have no clue about which teams will be in seeds 5-8.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#282 » by magicfan4life05 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:34 am

ewww stop hugging please...

you just got embarrassed on your homecourt...
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#283 » by magicman123 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:34 am

gofret wrote:its over..at least we wont play aganist detroit in the first round

i dont know who has the tiebreaker, but they are only 1 game back of philly for the 6th spot..
tjm384
Veteran
And1: 36

Post#284 » by tjm384 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:34 am

This team needs to do everything they can to get a power forward in the off-season so Shard can move down to small forward where he belongs
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#285 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 am

Another pathetic game. This team has no heart. Dwight needs to become more of a leader.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
The Magic Man
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#286 » by The Magic Man » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 am

No chance we beat Boston without homecourt.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#287 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:36 am

mhectorgato wrote:Are we just tired?

We had the b2b and now we have another ...

Are we just looking forward to the playoffs?

I know you're not necessarily arguing in defense of the team, so what I'm going to say is just a general comment in regards to the possibility of those things you mentioned.

That stuff is complete horse ****. Is fatigue nonexistent? No, it exists. But there's absolutely no excuse to be playing so badly against subpar teams recently. They're not taking any pride in the game right now, and there's just no excuse for that. It's not like the magic are the only team in the league right now feeling some fatigue.

People got so mad when Cleveland was let off the hook for getting blown out by us since they were on the back end of a back to back. Tonight, we're not even on the back end for crying out loud. Making that kind of excuse would be pretty bad coming on the heels of that.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Forest
Banned User

Post#288 » by Forest » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:36 am

All I care about is how we perform in the playoffs. The regular season is done. These last few games are meaningless. We win them great we lose them I don't care. We all know this team is better then they have been playing.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#289 » by mhectorgato » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:36 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Props to the Knicks, they kept their foot on our throat.

We made a push and seem to expect them to give up.

This isn't anything new. The last I game I went to (Toronto) it was the same deal - high p-n-r killed us. Plus we were a step slow almost all game, then we made a push, but it was too little too late.

Lately we're playing like we did a few seasons back. We kinda coast and then try to make push, sometimes winning, sometimes losing.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#290 » by magicman123 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:37 am

tjm384 wrote:This team needs to do everything they can to get a power forward in the off-season so Shard can move down to small forward where he belongs

i think its fun getting out hustled and then out rebounded on the offensive side :wink:
goflyakite
Sixth Man

Post#291 » by goflyakite » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:37 am

No pride, no class, no regard for the hometown fans...some of whom maybe watching their only game of the year. As good as this team has played this year overall, this pansy, gutless display WHEN IT COUNTS, is reprehensible. First Toronto, then Memphis, and now this. How can paid professionals display this kind of garbage?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#292 » by SOUL » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:37 am

I woulda liked homecourt even if we got the pistons.. damn.. oh well..
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#293 » by mhectorgato » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:39 am

FFBlitzace wrote:

I know you're not necessarily arguing in defense of the team, so what I'm going to say is just a general comment in regards to the possibility of those things you mentioned.

That stuff is complete horse ****. Is fatigue nonexistent? No, it exists. But there's absolutely no excuse to be playing so badly against subpar teams recently. They're not taking any pride in the game right now, and there's just no excuse for that. It's not like the magic are the only team in the league right now feeling some fatigue.

People got so mad when Cleveland was let off the hook for getting blown out by us since they were on the back end of a back to back. Tonight, we're not even on the back end for crying out loud. Making that kind of excuse would be pretty bad coming on the heels of that.

Understood - I'm just trying to figure out what's up with our team lately....

This seems to be a pattern of late, unfortunately.

Hopefully we don't think this is acceptable in the playoffs. It would be nice to come into the playoffs on a roll, playing well.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
tjm384
Veteran

Post#294 » by tjm384 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:39 am

I loathe Turkoglus 1 legged fadeaway
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#295 » by mhectorgato » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:41 am

tjm384 wrote:I loathe Turkoglus 1 legged fadeaway

Like the ESPN guys said - "Your prayer has been answered"
tjm384
Veteran

Post#296 » by tjm384 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:43 am

Turkoglu and Spaceship Earth from the Epcot center for Al Horford...Get it done Otis
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#297 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:45 am

mhectorgato wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote:

Understood - I'm just trying to figure out what's up with our team lately....

This seems to be a pattern of late, unfortunately.

Hopefully we don't think this is acceptable in the playoffs. It would be nice to come into the playoffs on a roll, playing well.

We've seen this a lot in past years. I think the reason we were so good this year is because we had fewer of these types of games where we just thought we could coast to a win. These "lol, we're good, so we're gonna win" kind of games. I, too, wish I had an explanation as to why they are prone to this mentality. I mean, we're just fans, and we can't stand it. They're the ones that just got thoroughly embarrassed on national television. So what else is it going to take for them to finally get that nonsense out of their system? At this point I don't know if anything will. Maybe it won't pop up as often as it used to, but we seemingly refuse to totally shelve that mentality.

I would hope we would pick up the intensity in the playoffs, but it's kind of hard to just automatically start playing extremely well. It's hard to play like crap for almost a whole month and then flip the switch and be dominant. It's hard to instantly shelve all of these bad habits over the past month and turn them into good ones in the blink of an eye. If they think they can instantly do all of that with a 100% success rate, they're stupid and immature.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
tjm384
Veteran

Post#298 » by tjm384 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:47 am

Dwight Howard played liked something was bothering him tonight
Forest
Banned User

Post#299 » by Forest » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:48 am

If we have to go into the playoffs on a roll to win then we are not good anyway.
goflyakite
Sixth Man

Post#300 » by goflyakite » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:48 am

We would get hosed by Detroit. They are playing good when it counts and are rolling, we are a lottery team in terms of our recent play. There is no reason why this team shouldn't get fired up and destroy the rest of the schedule and roll into the playoffs. Anything less is unacceptable.

Return to Orlando Magic