ImageImageImageImage

If Hedo leaves..how about Kyle Korver or Matt Barnes?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: If Hedo leaves..how about Kyle Korver or Matt Barnes? 

Post#21 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 am

Viper1500 wrote:I guess your right about Shard, still don't know if Matt Barnes is the best idea though... Im hoping not

I hope im not right about shard, i would rather us go for a Brandon Bass or Even Al Harrington and move shard to SF but realistically defensively he's going to be a blocking foul machine, especially with his aging tendinitus knees

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... ents-09-10

heres the list if your interested, not many options this yr, 2010 offseason is gonna be crazy
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#22 » by EasternMagic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 am

UCFknight84 wrote:We can cross out Kirilenko hes not even a free agent according to ESPN. That said Marion would fit just as well as Ariza used to fit in our system, which wasnt very effective imo. Our system relies on consistent outside shooters so Dwight has space in the post, i dont trust Marions shot

edit: just checked marions 3pt stats for this year 10-53 ouch

Ariza didn't fit in because he couldn't shoot and was a sg/sf... Marion can shoot block play defense and he can play pf better than Shard
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#23 » by ivDT » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:19 am

huh?

what's the sense in getting rid of hedo if we're still going to have rashard at the 4? especially if we're going to make the team less versatile in the process of doing so?
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#24 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:24 am

EasternMagic wrote:
UCFknight84 wrote:We can cross out Kirilenko hes not even a free agent according to ESPN. That said Marion would fit just as well as Ariza used to fit in our system, which wasnt very effective imo. Our system relies on consistent outside shooters so Dwight has space in the post, i dont trust Marions shot

Ariza didn't fit in because he couldn't shoot and was a sg/sf... Marion can shoot block play defense and he can play pf better than Shard

disagree
Teddy Roosevelt
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#25 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:26 am

ivDT wrote:huh?

what's the sense in getting rid of hedo if we're still going to have rashard at the 4? especially if we're going to make the team less versatile in the process of doing so?

well this is all IF hedo leaves for more $$$
Teddy Roosevelt
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#26 » by EasternMagic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:38 am

UCFknight84 wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:

disagree

what? how do you disagree with that? He avg 48% fg shooting and 35% 3pt shooting for his career Hedo averaged 43% fg shooting and 38% 3pt shooting for his career... I mean I know his shot is ugly but it goes in.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#27 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 am

I would prefer to S&T Hedo for a legit PF and pick/filler
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#28 » by G-Heel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 am

If Hedo leave, I don't see why we should get a SF over a PF.
Fire Otis!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#29 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:48 am

G-Heel wrote:If Hedo leave, I don't see why we should get a SF over a PF.

+ 1
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#30 » by Cammo101 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:52 am

Sadly, the most realistic option in this thread is Garrity.

If Hedo leaves it is because we took the cheap way out to avoid the lux tax. If that is the case, I am willing to bet they will see Pietrus as his replacement.
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#31 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 am

EasternMagic wrote:what? how do you disagree with that? He avg 48% fg shooting and 35% 3pt shooting for his career Hedo averaged 43% fg shooting and 38% 3pt shooting for his career... I mean I know his shot is ugly but it goes in.

since being traded from d'antoni fastbreak pheonix marions shot 21% from the 3pt line, i can see alot more double teams on dwight and letting marion have the 3.

im leaning more towards resigning gortat and signing barnes more than getting marion. gortat is underrated and important for our success while dwight is on the bench. I wouldnt even mind starting Pietrus and i like how Barnes can also play PF
Teddy Roosevelt
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#32 » by OrlandoMagic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 am

Ive heard a rumor of Hedo for Boozer... Just saying
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#33 » by ORL » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:53 am

ivDT wrote:huh?

This is the correct answer. If Hedo leaves, our system goes out the window and we become a traditional offensive team. Without him, we need a PF, not an SF.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#34 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:22 am

OrlandoMagic wrote:Ive heard a rumor of Hedo for Boozer... Just saying

that would be awesome, but what would it take?

Utah

Williams
Brewer
Turk
Millsap
Okur

ORL

Nelson
Lee
Lewis
Boozer
Dwight

:o
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#35 » by orlando1214 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:28 am

How about Rasheed Wallace? I know he has a pretty crazy past but he is a real PF but he can also shoot. He isn't as crazy as he used to be but I would like to have a guy on the team that isn't afraid of sticking up for himself or his teammates. I don't think Otis would go after him because of his past but its a fun thought. I also think if Hedo doesn't sign with us then we should seek a sign and trade. This could get us a decent player and maybe a 2nd round pick. I for one would prefer a sign and trade over Hedo resigning. I don't think I can handle anymore of his inconsistent play. I would also like to get rid of Peaches. He is a good guy but I don't think his play is deserving of his contract.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#36 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 am

orlando1214 wrote:How about Rasheed Wallace? I know he has a pretty crazy past but he is a real PF but he can also shoot. He isn't as crazy as he used to be but I would like to have a guy on the team that isn't afraid of sticking up for himself or his teammates. I don't think Otis would go after him because of his past but its a fun thought. I also think if Hedo doesn't sign with us then we should seek a sign and trade. This could get us a decent player and maybe a 2nd round pick. I for one would prefer a sign and trade over Hedo resigning. I don't think I can handle anymore of his inconsistent play. I would also like to get rid of Peaches. He is a good guy but I don't think his play is deserving of his contract.

IMO Rasheed is too much of a basket case. But that is just my opinion.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by orlando1214 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:36 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
OrlandoMagic wrote:Ive heard a rumor of Hedo for Boozer... Just saying

that would be awesome, but what would it take?

Utah

Williams
Brewer
Turk
Millsap
Okur

ORL

Nelson
Lee
Lewis
Boozer
Dwight

:o

Turk, Peaches, and AJ for Boozer and Korver? I would so do that trade. Not sure if it would work or not. Dwight and Boozer would be amazing together. I don't see why Boozer wouldn't want to come here. He has expressed interest for playing with Miami, so I don't know why he wouldn't want to play here. Also a team with a starting line up with him and the others starters would defiantly be a championship quality team.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,697

Post#38 » by Viper1500 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:40 am

Orlando:
Turk
Jj redick
Anthony Johnson

Utah:
Boozer
Brevin Knight

Would like to try picking up Antonio Mcdyess, as a bench player(Will be his last season most likely)
orlando1214
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by orlando1214 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:52 am

Viper1500 wrote:Orlando:
Turk
Jj redick
Anthony Johnson

Utah:
Boozer
Brevin Knight

First off this is my 100th post. Yeah big accomplishment. It only took me about 3 years. HAHA

Now to the real post. For me any trade that we can make to get Boozer is a welcome trade. I don't really see any need for Brevin Knight or any point guard for that matter. We are going to have Jameer and Rafer next year. So we don't need any other point guard. If the Magic want another point guard so bad they should go ahead and sign a player for the minimum. We don't need someone making a bunch of money just to sit on the bench all year. Also Brevin Knight is going to be a free agent so I really don't think they could trade him along with Boozer unless he agreed to sign here. I am not sure about the rules in that situation. I still like the idea of Korver. I mean all he really does is shoot three but he could be a good weapon to have coming off the bench.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#40 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:56 am

In Otis I Trust !

Return to Orlando Magic