ImageImageImageImage

I need everyone to answer this!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

BoricuaBoi
Senior
And1: 13

I need everyone to answer this! 

Post#1 » by BoricuaBoi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:07 am

Im kinda freaking out how many of you think that we are still gonna win this series. Please tell me what you guys are thinking cuz I need some reassurance lol
Boston fans have Green asses and Brown noses! Right Stu?
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Re: I need everyone to answer this! 

Post#2 » by N4U|Redux » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 am

We're more talented, we should win this series. Right now players and coaches are underperforming for some reason. Hopefully we'll get a spark under our butts and play smarter. At any point we should be able to sweep this team.

For some reason we're being outplayed and outcoached by a mediocre team.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 am

Calm down we are still in this series.
Mannchild
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 272

Post#4 » by Mannchild » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:19 am

I dont see us winning this series.... and i see us keeping Turk unfortunately
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,697

Post#5 » by Viper1500 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:14 am

Mannchild wrote:I dont see us winning this series.... and i see us keeping Turk unfortunately

I agree with the turk thing but I'm pretty sure we'll still win the series...
MagicBasketba11
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#6 » by MagicBasketba11 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:41 am

there's absolutely no way we keep turk if he keeps this up, as much as i love hedo there is no excuses for this type of performance in the playoffs when it matters most. idk if its the ankle or hes just simply choking but there's no excuses.

as far as the series goes, it all depends what happens on sunday. if we decide to play the type of defense we played in the 2nd half for 48 minutes and lewis and turk play like we all know they're capable of, we should have no problems getting back into this series. however thats a big if the way this team has been playing lately. i'm expecting to see a lot of fire and passion from the opening tip but then again i don't know what to expect from this team anymore. idk we'll see, but i know i won't be able to sleep until then lol.
Twitter: NickTheQuick224
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#7 » by EasternMagic » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:00 am

In all honesty tonights game is the one game we should have lost, usually the first away game is the one everyone loses (look at the Lakers, and last year vs the Raps) It's just a damn shame we lost game one...
If we win game four we will win the series. If we lose game four, we lose the series, it's a simple as that.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#8 » by Cammo101 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:05 am

I still think we will win the series.

Boston went 7 games in the first round last year and got a big shiny trophy for their efforts.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#9 » by Idunkonyou2 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:12 am

I don't know what is going to happen right now. The Magic have been playing down to their talent the entire series and not taking that championship team step, which means just dominate them when they are making mistakes. The 76ers make tons of mistakes and the Magic don't make them pay.

I don't think it matter any way. The Magic are going to be booted in the 2nd round very fast if they play like this.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#10 » by craig01 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:52 am

MagicBasketba11 wrote:there's absolutely no way we keep turk if he keeps this up, as much as i love hedo there is no excuses for this type of performance in the playoffs when it matters most. idk if its the ankle or hes just simply choking but there's no excuses.

It IS his ankle.

I don't understand why many people can not see how much he is laboring while trying to play.

He can not move laterally and can not drive to the hole aggressively because he's focusing on trying to land on his strong ankle instead of focusing on finishing.

The problem is that SVG should not be allowing his team to be playing 4 on 5 basketball for so many minutes.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#11 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:50 pm

yeah if we lose game 4 i see the season being over..it hasnt happened yet so everyone needs to calm dow.
Work Hard
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by craig01 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:54 pm

I think the Magic will respond now.

A sense of urgency has to have hit them after last night.

gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#13 » by gofret » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:55 pm

craig01 wrote:
MagicBasketba11 wrote:there's absolutely no way we keep turk if he keeps this up, as much as i love hedo there is no excuses for this type of performance in the playoffs when it matters most. idk if its the ankle or hes just simply choking but there's no excuses.

It IS his ankle.

I don't understand why many people can not see how much he is laboring while trying to play.

He can not move laterally and can not drive to the hole aggressively because he's focusing on trying to land on his strong ankle instead of focusing on finishing.

The problem is that SVG should not be allowing his team to be playing 4 on 5 basketball for so many minutes.

Yea theres sth wrong with hedo..His ankle is hurting him.As you said SVG should lower his minutes or give him simple role while hes on the court.I mean he shouldnt handle the ball late in the games. Tell him to camp at the 3 pt line and let rafer/lee handle the ball/create/make play.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#14 » by spinedoc » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:58 pm

73% of the time, the team that wins game three of a 1-1 tie, wins the series. Sure Boston made a comeback last year, but they also held their home court advantage, we have not. It doesn't look good.
gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#15 » by gofret » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:15 pm

spinedoc wrote:73% of the time, the team that wins game three of a 1-1 tie, wins the series. Sure Boston made a comeback last year, but they also held their home court advantage, we have not. It doesn't look good.

Oh come on man..If we play our game,they dont have a chance.
the matador
Ballboy

Post#16 » by the matador » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:01 pm

The two games that we lost could easily have been wins for us. To me at worst we should be up 2-1. Iggies fade away in game one was an aweful call by the sixers and an aweful play by him. Ive seen him miss that shot at a high rate. In last nights game if Dwight had remembered Thad was a lefty that ball would have been in the 5th row. Hopefully he realizes that for next game and this game woke up the sleeping giant ( as in the whole team). We could look at the positives. Dwight went 3/4 from the line on pressured free throws. He made his last two to tie the game up. Last year and the year before he never would have made them. I see us winning on sunday and hopefully taking care of buisness at home. Go magic!!!!!
the matador
Ballboy

Post#17 » by the matador » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Also with the amount of layups we missed.....at the end the game could have easily been ours.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#18 » by NEM » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:06 pm

i also think that if we win game 4 we win the series, because i cant see philly coming to orlando and stealing another 1. if we win game four going back to orlando, it would be 2-2 in a 3 game series where we have HCA
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Zephyrballs
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#19 » by Zephyrballs » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:34 pm

yeah i'm not worried about us losing this round i think we will still win. hopefully we learn that we have to play 48 minutes in the playoffs.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by craig01 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:48 pm

You have to have 5 players on the floor capable of playing to play hard for 48 minutes.

Hedo isn't there at this time......4 on 5 doesn't work.

Return to Orlando Magic