ImageImageImageImage

OT: xbox 360 question

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

joshman
Banned User
And1: 0

OT: xbox 360 question 

Post#1 » by joshman » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:31 pm

i was playing my xbox 360 killin time till game time and i got the......... red ring of death.
now the question is that is my 360 broke and i need to get a new one or can i just not play it for a while and it will go away??? does anyone know? thanks
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Re: OT: xbox 360 question 

Post#2 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:37 pm

The harddrive needs to be replaced. Msft may replace it free of charge...give them a service call. I dealt with my frat's red-ring-of-death a couple years back, and they sent a brand new 360 ~2 weeks later.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#3 » by ADRajX » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:59 pm

how many red rings are there? ... cuz there are different kinds of issues for each corresponding one (ex: if it's 1 red ring, it means power connection issue or something like that)... if it's 3 red rings, you gotta send that thing in ASAP (call MS), cuz it's a hardware issue

mine took 3-4 weeks... it sucked, cuz it was during winter break... soooooo bored
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,108

Post#4 » by magik9113 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Yea I believe they fix it for free, but it'll take a 3-4 weeks. They'll send you a free month of xbox live for free though when you get it back.
Happened to my brother's xbox, and hecould not get it fixed for free cause he bought it for cheap off ebay. Apparently the previous owner already had this happen and used the free fix or something.

One time I began freaking out because As soon as i turned on the xbox it had red lights, but I realized that one of the bag plugs became loose.
joshman
Banned User

Post#5 » by joshman » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:22 pm

thanks the only rings that are blinking are the top and bottom left. the top and bottom right are normal
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#6 » by ADRajX » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:28 pm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907533

that might be it, but of course, check with MS... call them to make sure
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#7 » by craig01 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:38 pm

My kid got the rings.....but the thing had been acting up before.

Took a little over two weeks total....he called, had the return box sent within a couple of days, dropped it off at UPS, and he had it back about 10 days later.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
MakeDaMove
Ballboy

Post#8 » by MakeDaMove » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 am

Sections 1, and 3 are flashing red
- Overheating

THINGS TO TRY
Let the Xbox 360 console cool.
Note You may have to wait several hours for the console to cool enough. Do not turn on the console when the console is hot.
Verify that the console has sufficient ventilation and that the fan is operating. For more information about ventilation, see the "More Information" section.

PREVENTION SUGGESTIONS
To try to prevent this problem, use the following precautions:
Do not block any ventilation openings on the Xbox 360 console.
Do not put the Xbox 360 console on a bed, on a sofa, or on any other soft surface that may block ventilation openings.
Do not put the Xbox 360 console in a confined space, such as a bookcase, a rack, or a stereo cabinet, unless the space is well-ventilated.
Do not put the Xbox 360 console near any heat source, such as a radiator, a heat register, a stove, or an amplifier.

DO NOT EVER PUT YOUR CONSOLE IN THE FREEZER OR OUT IN COLD WEATHER
Some people think that doing this might help "fix" an overheating console, in fact doing so could cause even bigger problems. Electronic devices like your console are made to function at and around room temperature, extreme cold temperatures can often cause just as many problems as extreme warm temperatures (such as overheating). Also if the console is located in a dramatically cold area while running, the difference in temperature between the hot console and cold air can create condensation which in turn will short out your console making the situation far worse. Condensation will happen more quickly if your console is overheating due to the greater difference in temperature. In short... DON'T DO IT.

Return to Orlando Magic