ImageImageImageImage

OT: Going to game tomorrow..

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,584

OT: Going to game tomorrow.. 

Post#1 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Will be my first game of this season... couple questions... i have no transportation currently and ill prob be around the area by 5:30 (2 hours early.) .. whens amway open up? or are there things to do before? (Not of legal age yet :()

Also anybody have problems with ticketmaster? says I cant print them out.. not worrying since I dont need to until later tomorrow but just dont want this to occur then either..
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Re: OT: Going to game tomorrow.. 

Post#2 » by CourtsideTV » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:41 pm

if ur there 2 hours early they might have mini games you can play in front of arena..mostly for the kids...

as far as tickets..if u have a confirmation you should be straight..did u not get e-tickets?
Work Hard
tlloyd34
Senior
And1: 6

Post#3 » by tlloyd34 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Will be my first game of this season... couple questions... i have no transportation currently and ill prob be around the area by 5:30 (2 hours early.) .. whens amway open up? or are there things to do before? (Not of legal age yet )

If you get there early, you could always try to sell the tickets for more than you paid for them and take the extra money, go to Hooters and watch the game on a big screen. :dontknow:

Seriously, I have season tickets and go to most of the games. When I was out of town last week, my brother went a couple hours early and they had stuff going on in front of the arena. Tuck and O'Neil were broadcasting from in front of Amway. Not sure if they are doing that again. I don't think the actual arena will be open 2 hours before the game, but there should be some things to entertain you down there.

Hope this helps...
Twitter: @tomthecounselor
Instagram: tomthecounselor
facebook.com/tomthecounselor
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#4 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:46 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:if ur there 2 hours early they might have mini games you can play in front of arena..mostly for the kids...

as far as tickets..if u have a confirmation you should be straight..did u not get e-tickets?

i just didnt know if it was worth it to stick around the arena or not.. i guess people start filing in around 6:30.. and nm, the tickets just showed up for me now.. thanks
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#5 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 pm

tlloyd34 wrote:
Will be my first game of this season... couple questions... i have no transportation currently and ill prob be around the area by 5:30 (2 hours early.) .. whens amway open up? or are there things to do before? (Not of legal age yet )

If you get there early, you could always try to sell the tickets for more than you paid for them and take the extra money, go to Hooters and watch the game on a big screen. :dontknow:

Seriously, I have season tickets and go to most of the games. When I was out of town last week, my brother went a couple hours early and they had stuff going on in front of the arena. Tuck and O'Neil were broadcasting from in front of Amway. Not sure if they are doing that again. I don't think the actual arena will be open 2 hours before the game, but there should be some things to entertain you down there.

Hope this helps...

thanks!
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#6 » by magicman123 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Soul wrote:Will be my first game of this season... couple questions... i have no transportation currently and ill prob be around the area by 5:30 (2 hours early.) .. whens amway open up? or are there things to do before? (Not of legal age yet :()

Also anybody have problems with ticketmaster? says I cant print them out.. not worrying since I dont need to until later tomorrow but just dont want this to occur then either..

not sure if its legal, but meghan gets their early and you can pay her a visit :)
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#7 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:22 pm

arena opens an hour before tip off. Go chill by Lake Eola for an hour, then start heading over to the Arena. Or go down Orange and get a slice of pizza at Gino's or something (they make good pizza).
1CLee1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by 1CLee1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:28 pm

the arena opens an hour and a half before tipoff for playoffs. i get in and go right down next to the player entrance to get autographs. dwight literally signs every game, i got him atleast 12 times this year(i only do the magic side if i don't need any away players)
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#9 » by N4U|Redux » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:31 pm

There's good amount of businesses within (moderate) walking distance.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#10 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:32 pm

1CLee1 wrote:the arena opens an hour and a half before tipoff for playoffs. i get in and go right down next to the player entrance to get autographs. dwight literally signs every game, i got him atleast 12 times this year(i only do the magic side if i don't need any away players)

this may sound stupid but do they sign anything? like if i brought a card of them or something... i know some athlethes dont since ppl like to sell them and stuff

also lake eola is nice, ill probably hang around there.. forgot about it
joshman
Banned User

Post#11 » by joshman » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:38 pm

ill be there courtside and ill be wearing a blue afro. lol
and i hold up a sign that reads "i love you magic fans on realgm" lol
tlloyd34
Senior
And1: 6

Post#12 » by tlloyd34 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm

not sure if its legal, but meghan gets their early and you can pay her a visit

Sorry, she doesn't plan on leaving my house until 7pm, so she will be rushing to the arena...
Twitter: @tomthecounselor
Instagram: tomthecounselor
facebook.com/tomthecounselor
1CLee1
Junior

Post#13 » by 1CLee1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm

joshman wrote:ill be there courtside and ill be wearing a blue afro. lol
and i hold up a sign that reads "i love you magic fans on realgm" lol

lol.....i've gotten dwight on 4 magazines, 2 8x10s, 3 jerseys, a mini ball, a card and a "lets go magic" sign. my friend brought a 24x36 photo and he signed it! :lol:
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#14 » by MitchellUK » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm so frickin jealous. I was praying for Toronto to make the playoffs in the hope that I could maybe go watch some Magic postseason ball. Sigh.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#15 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:45 am

sorry.. if it makes it any better its my 1st game and the only game i went to last year was vs the grizzlies which we lost :D
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#16 » by j-ragg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 am

Soul wrote:sorry.. if it makes it any better its my 1st game and the only game i went to last year was vs the grizzlies which we lost :D

I was there. Brought my buddy who doesn't really like NBA but loves UConn. Rudy Gay had like 32 and he was screaming in my face. Almost knocked his ass out.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#17 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 am

haha yeah

all i remember was mike miller catching fire in the second half and me rolling my eyes every time juan carlos navarro made a 3
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#18 » by MMFla » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 am

Have fun Soul, it should be loud and hopefully the dramatic win sparks the team and we come out and finish on fire to go up 3-2.

Joshman I'll be looking for you on the TV you shouldn't be hard to miss with your sign and with what you'll be wearing, hopefully.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#19 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:50 am

good luck finding something to do before game. Have fun at the game!
DHoward4Mvp
Starter

Post#20 » by DHoward4Mvp » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:43 pm

I just bought my tickets this morning.!!!! That place better crazy loud tonight. And the guys better respond. I normally go to that little hole in the wall bar, Hoops is what its called.. Pretty grungy place, but the beer is cold.. And itss the closest place to the O-rena.

Return to Orlando Magic