ImageImageImageImage

Official Magic vs Celtics Series Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Re: We're a difficult team to beat at home, we've been that way 

Post#221 » by AgEnT50 » Sat May 16, 2009 1:01 am

I don't buy into all the game # 7 numbers. . .

It's only a big deal if you allow it to be. If the Magic go in and play their game, they can win.
magic_turk
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#222 » by magic_turk » Sat May 16, 2009 2:09 am

The Orlando Magic are also known as the "Road Warriors". If we being our A game, it should be a no contest match up,
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#223 » by Gerhalt11 » Sat May 16, 2009 2:34 am

Do we really need a new thread for every rehashed and cliche player quote?
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#224 » by rcklsscognition » Sat May 16, 2009 2:38 am

MitchellUK wrote:And considering they've dropped multiple home playoff games already this season.

Still, this is Paul Pierce talking - the same game guy who anointed himself the world's best player after winning finals MVP last year, when he wasn't even the best player on his own team. Great player though he is, I don't look to him for sage wisdom. The same of which can be said for 99% of sportspeople.

PP is still the guy that can kill us with his ISO play, the same guy who put up 8 points in like 20 seconds on it (it seemed). Our guys play real well under pressure and on the road. They got it together last night and got rid of the jitters. Game 7 is nothing more than an elimination game, you can have those with Game 4, 5, 6, or 7. Lose and go home isn't a game 7 exclusive. Last night was our Game 7. Now we have another. We shot 36.6% 23.1% and 54.8% from the field, 3pt, and FT line. We get that back up to 45%, 35%, and 60% and we're money. Gotta play lock-down D ALL game this time.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Official Magic vs Celtics Series Thread 

Post#225 » by paperboymafia » Sat May 16, 2009 2:46 am

this is slightly OT

but in the top individual performers article on the main page there is this

10. Rashard Lewis: 163 (13.6, )

The Magic ended up winning Game 6, but his ability to score in the post against Brian Scalabrine towards the end of the game yet again demonstrated just how one-dimensional his game still remains.

giggle.
maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#226 » by maginno » Sat May 16, 2009 1:39 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see a blow out. One thing we know is we have the fresher legs. IF I am Stan its off to the races. Lee should start but people need to lay off redick. He did a nice job on Allen. ANy other player hold Allen to those numbers for so many games would have gotten some credit for it. JJ is now a half decent defensive player.

I've been down on this mentality of a chucking team being able to win in the playoffs but we've had two games in particular when we stepped up to being a balanced offensive team in large part due to rashard attacking instead of jump shooting. If we do that we can win and maybe even easily.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#227 » by MitchellUK » Sat May 16, 2009 2:08 pm

maginno wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see a blow out. One thing we know is we have the fresher legs. IF I am Stan its off to the races. Lee should start but people need to lay off redick. He did a nice job on Allen. ANy other player hold Allen to those numbers for so many games would have gotten some credit for it. JJ is now a half decent defensive player.

I've been down on this mentality of a chucking team being able to win in the playoffs but we've had two games in particular when we stepped up to being a balanced offensive team in large part due to rashard attacking instead of jump shooting. If we do that we can win and maybe even easily.

I'd actually upgrade that to fantastic. How many open looks has Allen gotten in this series? And further, how many of those have been on JJ's watch? I think a lot of the reason Redick's struggled with his shot is a little fatigue from chasing down Ray all game. At the end of the day, if we lose JJ's shooting it doesn't hurt us as much is if Boston loses Allen's, and JJ sacrificing his offense to slow Allen down has been a big factor in this series.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#228 » by rcklsscognition » Sun May 17, 2009 11:05 am

I agree with above but this Redick is just sucking on offense, not because he's giving too much effort of D. I agree he is doing a fantastic job, why else would SVG stick with him in the 2nd round game 7 to start? I've seen only one blown screen on JJ's part the entire series, now that is redickulous.
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#229 » by Jesus Juice » Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 am

I feel like perkins always looks like a fat kid about to cry for eating a twinkie in front of the lunch room. they both should be called big baby...
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#230 » by richboy » Mon May 18, 2009 12:17 am

Steve Javy is best official you can have if your the road team.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#231 » by Jesus Juice » Mon May 18, 2009 12:19 am

JJ is really playing good D, and Alston is killing rondo right now
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#232 » by richboy » Mon May 18, 2009 12:54 am

That foul on Hedo could be huge. He was playing great.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#233 » by craig01 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:20 am

richboy wrote:That foul on Hedo could be huge. He was playing great.

SVG should have gotten Hedo out about a minute earlier, as you could see the 3rd foul coming.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability

Return to Orlando Magic