ImageImageImageImage

Alston suspended for game 3?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Re: Alston suspended for game 3? 

Post#41 » by flyingvee » Thu May 7, 2009 4:59 am

crm0922 wrote:Are you kidding? It was an aggressive move with no conceivable purpose other than to to initiate a fight on the court. This is the type of thing the league really wants to stop, aggression that leads to fights that spill into the crowd, etc.

C

Yea, like they stopped Rondo. Gimme a break.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#42 » by drsd » Thu May 7, 2009 5:00 am

Alston took a swing. The league rules are clear.

My problem with the second non-suspension of Rondo against Hinrich is not the throw, but in the after-confrontation. It is unambiguous that Rondo threw an elbow.

Back to this situation, one thing was the great restraint House showed. If he throws a punch, then what? House showed good maturity.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#43 » by EasternMagic » Thu May 7, 2009 5:05 am

I don't know if he will or not, i mean if so shouldn't he have been ejected? it wasn't really something that you would have to think about... I mean he should be though that was stupid play, he didn't really hit him with a vengeance, it was more like a "what the hell" slap. But if Rondo wasn't suspended for his, Rafer shouldn't be... but he should be.. does that make sense?
flyingvee
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by flyingvee » Thu May 7, 2009 5:08 am

The league also instilled the anti-taunting rule and it seems each time House hits a three he does just that. It looked like he was in Rafers face a bit on that play. Still a bonehead move by Rafer
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#45 » by drsd » Thu May 7, 2009 5:18 am

Asked if he thought the league might suspend him for the next game, "Yeah, I'm concerned. You know, the NBA is cool. They'll look at the play at its entirety and they'll see he threw the elbow first, at my stomach.

"I have no prior incidents. Any human being would have reacted liked that."

O-Sen Link
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#46 » by Rick Rolled » Thu May 7, 2009 5:21 am

drsd wrote:
Asked if he thought the league might suspend him for the next game, "Yeah, I'm concerned. You know, the NBA is cool. They'll look at the play at its entirety and they'll see he threw the elbow first, at my stomach.

"I have no prior incidents. Any human being would have reacted liked that."

O-Sen Link

Unfortunately, Dwight had no prior incidents either.

We'll see.

For the record, I too would have slapped Eddie House. Bitch slapping is underrated.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#47 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Thu May 7, 2009 5:22 am

If Alston gets suspended, take a look at this Lakers-Rockets game, and Stu Jackson is there!!! two ejections, one player told to go to the showers....
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
flyingvee
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by flyingvee » Thu May 7, 2009 5:23 am

It's Stu Jackson and the NBA. You see where Kobe hit Artest with an elbow and because Artest approached him he was ejected?
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#49 » by lovehoops01 » Thu May 7, 2009 5:26 am

I hope Rafer is happy with what he did because he is going to get suspended, and it very well could end up costing the Magic the series.

The league doesn't want guys hitting each other in the head. And it was just a flat-out slap. It wasn't even part of the play.

I thought it was Rondo that we would have to worry about getting in Rafer's head, not Eddie House. Our guys go through the whole season like choir boys and they can't keep their body parts off other people's heads in the playoffs. They have got to control their tempers.

And if Rafer can't slow down Rondo, there is no way that either A.J. or Ty will be able to keep up with him. He will score 50 the next game and go whereever he wants. Then the Magic would have to get at least one more win in Boston. Very discouraging....
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Thu May 7, 2009 5:28 am

Yea, it was crazy, Stu has to compare, elbows, bodies flying, to a slap on the head....
Thehardwoodnation.com
Orlando Magic
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#51 » by Rick Rolled » Thu May 7, 2009 5:31 am

Rafer's slap looks tame compared to some of the stuff in the Lakers/Rockets game......

I'm still willing to bet that he's the only one who gets suspended.

The NBA. Where turning a blind eye to every dirty play not involving a Magic player happens.

I kinda wish Rafer had been ejected tonight....
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Thu May 7, 2009 5:37 am

its going to be crazy if Rafer gets suspended after this Rockets and Lakers game, this might be a blessing in disguse....
Thehardwoodnation.com
Orlando Magic
gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#53 » by gofret » Thu May 7, 2009 5:49 am

haha if he gets suspended..check out our awesome SL

PG-Old Man
SG-Mr.Duke
SF-HedoTheToMachine
PF-RashardTheOverpaid
C-Howard''I cant score on perkins''

Whatever house did,alston shouldnt have done this..I mean go talk to him,look at his eyes,shove him.But dont hit him
SloNick Russia
Analyst
And1: 361

Post#54 » by SloNick Russia » Thu May 7, 2009 5:50 am

Hopefully they'll just fine his ass
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#55 » by ivDT » Thu May 7, 2009 5:53 am

flyingvee wrote:It's Stu Jackson and the NBA. You see where Kobe hit Artest with an elbow and because Artest approached him he was ejected?

apparently, just talking to kobe harshly is an ejectable offense.
minimoe
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#56 » by minimoe » Thu May 7, 2009 5:58 am

ok so now what did I miss in Houston/Lakers game? who got ejected?
There will be life after Dwight.

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,549

Post#57 » by SOUL » Thu May 7, 2009 5:59 am

we need to stop making it so obvious
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#58 » by richboy » Thu May 7, 2009 6:03 am

Artest was ejected because he wouldn't come down.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#59 » by lovehoops01 » Thu May 7, 2009 6:12 am

CPBalla2003 n da 863 wrote:its going to be crazy if Rafer gets suspended after this Rockets and Lakers game, this might be a blessing in disguse....

How do you figure that could be? How -- in any way -- could it be a blessing in disguise? Who is going to guard Rondo in Game 3?

About the ejections in the Lakers game, Derek Fisher got thrown out, too. He got a flagrant foul for basically taking out Luis Scola with an elbow to the head. He had better get suspended, too, because that was a flat-out cheap shot. He turned around to make sure he got in the right position and then threw the elbow. He did it because Scola had been getting under the skins of some of the Lakers players all night, yelling at them and bodying them hard. But the Lakers do have two other point guards, and they are going on the road, not coming home.
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Thu May 7, 2009 6:14 am

lovehoops01 wrote:
CPBalla2003 n da 863 wrote:its going to be crazy if Rafer gets suspended after this Rockets and Lakers game, this might be a blessing in disguse....

How do you figure that could be? How -- in any way -- could it be a blessing in disguise? Who is going to guard Rondo in Game 3?

About the ejections in the Lakers game, Derek Fisher got thrown out, too. He got a flagrant foul for basically taking out Luis Scola with an elbow to the head. He had better get suspended, too, because that was a flat-out cheap shot. He turned around to make sure he got in the right position and then threw the elbow. He did it because Scola had been getting under the skins of some of the Lakers players all night, yelling at them and bodying them hard. But the Lakers do have two other point guards, and they are going on the road, not coming home.

sorry, i should have clairfly that, i was talking about Alstons slap on the head compared to Fisher's crackback on Scola, Artest going at Kobe, etc. a slap doesnt seen as bad as compared to what happened in that Lakers and Rockets game
Thehardwoodnation.com
Orlando Magic

Return to Orlando Magic