ImageImageImageImage

Tempo

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Tempo 

Post#1 » by MagicFan32 » Fri May 8, 2009 9:40 am

I missed game 2, but game one I felt we played way to slow AGAIN, was it more of the same in game 2? and if so why do you guys think there's a reluncteance to not speed things up?

Why waste Dwights athleticism and running ability by being a slow team? he can beat any big down the floor in the league why has this asset of his never really been utilized here for the last 4 years?
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Re: Tempo 

Post#2 » by ADRajX » Fri May 8, 2009 12:06 pm

horrible ball movement and lackadaisical plays pretty much killed us

the magic didn't even show up to freakin' play

idk if it's a reluctance, but it sure felt like they didn't want any part of that game; i think they lacked pride and motivation to fight back, if anything

we seem to play better when dwight has another big by his side (gortat or battie), and moving hedo (or rashard) to sf
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
heavyjay
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Tempo 

Post#3 » by heavyjay » Fri May 8, 2009 4:38 pm

Playing up-tempo is a lot easier when you're running off of a missed basket. In the 1st game, we were playing good D, Boston was missing, and we were getting a lot of easy baskets. Just the opposite in the 2nd game.

I think that's why you see so many runs and streaks in the NBA. Poor defense leads to poor offense, and it just snowballs until it gets corrected.
My 2 favorite NBA teams:

1) Orlando Magic
2) Whoever is playing the Celtics

Return to Orlando Magic