ImageImageImageImage

Perfect PG to play next to Howard

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Sugar Cane
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Perfect PG to play next to Howard 

Post#21 » by Sugar Cane » Thu May 14, 2009 3:59 pm

magicfan84 wrote:chris paul in a landslide over jameer, are you guys crazy CP3 was a runner up to the MVP! and you guys think jameer would be better than Paul? He is a facilitator and much better on D.

The question that was asked is who would be the "Perfect PG to play next to Howard"? I am a fan of the NBA; not just Orlando. I'd have to be a complete moron to think Meer is better than CP3 at the point. I just think Meer is a better compliment to D12 whereas D12 is only a compliment to CP3. D12 becomes Ty Chandler with CP3 on board. He'll just rebound, block shots and catch alley-oops. That hurts D12 not help.
B-League Fantasy Draft:

PG. Rajon Rondo/Mike Conley/Patty Mills
SG. Demar Derozan/Brandon Roy/Bradley Beal/Jodie Meeks
SF. Kawhi Leonard/Terrence Jones/Jae Crowder
PF. Tristan Thompson/Jared Sullinger/Tyler Hansbrough
C. JaVale McGee/DeAndre Jordan
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#22 » by magicmamma » Thu May 14, 2009 4:12 pm

Chris Paul would be great dishing to Dwight, but can anyone imagine two egos of that size on the same team? I'd take Jameer there. Dwight can accept Jameer as the team leader since he's not a competing superstar.
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Dome » Thu May 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Kindof a pointless thread IMO, but can't help but add my 2 cents anyway.

I think Chris Paul is easily the best point guard in the league and probably going to keep that title in my book for the next 5 years or so at least (although Rose has a chance of catching up at some point IMO). He's a guy you can put on any team and he'll do a great job. He's basically the perfect point guard to play next to anybody IMO.

Nontheless, in the Magic's case Jameer brings a whole lot of off the court ingangibles with him that make him a great fit as well; he's good friends with Dwight and is a proven commodity on this team with a great name among the fanbase already. I'm very happy we have him as our floor general for the next few years, like just about every other Magic fan I assume... (...which is why this is pretty much a pointless thread :) )
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#24 » by AgEnT50 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm a big Meer' fan, but I think some of you guys are seriously overrating Jameer Nelson. He had a great season, yes....but he's not on the level of Cp3 or D-Will

IMO...I would take Cp3, then B-B-B-Billups, D-Will, and even Tony Parker over Meer', as it relates to D12

this thread is pointless tho :-?
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#25 » by Devin 1L » Thu May 14, 2009 5:12 pm

My initial response was Chauncey Billups, but that was more stylistic (not taking into account age).

Taking into account age, I'd have to pass up on Billups and go for Deron Williams, then Chris Paul.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#26 » by Nemesis21 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:20 pm

1) CP3
2) Billups
3) Jameer
4) Deron
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#27 » by glennathan » Thu May 14, 2009 5:24 pm

I am really shocked that not anyone has said a healthy and young Steve Nash. He is still technically in the league.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#28 » by spinedoc » Thu May 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Got to go with Deron. Paul is the better pure pg, but with Dwight, you need someone who can score from outside as well. Deron has the perfect game to complement Dwight. So does Jameer btw, but Deron is obviously better.
dariusl7
Senior

Post#29 » by dariusl7 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:51 pm

CP. Best penetrator.
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#30 » by ADRajX » Thu May 14, 2009 6:59 pm

2006 Steve Nash
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#31 » by richboy » Thu May 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Chris Paul would obviously be the best. We could never get him.

Steve Nash is the most realistic that I would love. Mainly because Steve Nash is such a great pick-n-roll PG. If we are going to run so many pick-n-rolls for Dwight then it be great to have the point guard that helps Amare average 25 a game without getting almost any post ups.

Its actually possible that Nash could be available this summer. I even read that Phoenix has a clause in Nash contract that can let them out of the last year of his deal.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#32 » by Potterman » Thu May 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Thing I hate about this sort of thing is that the reality is we have absolutely no idea how well it would work we can only assume. And as far as assuming go's I assume so far that Nelson is the best point guard i've seen. Last I checked he was also an all-star on a team that go to the second round with and without him two years in a row. That fact can be interpreted either way.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#33 » by TheRevTy » Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Out of curiosity, has there ever been a top PG in the league paired with a top center in the league? You could argue for Tony Parker and Duncan, but neither are the standard definition of the position. Same with Shaq and Penny.
magicburt
Junior

Post#34 » by magicburt » Thu May 14, 2009 9:15 pm

I don't think a PG is what we need. I would like to see real PF and Lewis back at the 3 or trade lewis and keep Turk. I have never seen a championship team that chucks up anywhere near as many 3's as this team. We need to build a real team not something that works on NBA Live. We are close but I don't see us getting it done with the team the way it is today.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#35 » by craig01 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:19 pm

I doubt Lewis is tradeable.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by glennathan » Thu May 14, 2009 9:34 pm

craig01 wrote:I doubt Lewis is tradeable.

The only way he is tradeable is on the last year of his contract. A lot of temas would love a 23 million expiring contract.

kickerboy10
Analyst

Post#37 » by kickerboy10 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:44 pm

With this thread i wasn't intending on actually trying to get the player. Was just curious to see what pg would help dwight the most. Not actually trying to attain the player. Cuz unless Smith pulls something crazy theres no way we can get paul, williams, parker, etc without trading away dwight.. So was just a hypothetical question.
glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by glennathan » Thu May 14, 2009 10:03 pm

kickerboy10 wrote:With this thread i wasn't intending on actually trying to get the player. Was just curious to see what pg would help dwight the most. Not actually trying to attain the player. Cuz unless Smith pulls something crazy theres no way we can get paul, williams, parker, etc without trading away dwight.. So was just a hypothetical question.

my choice of steve nash is a possibility

Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#39 » by Happyfoosball » Thu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm

In this system it's Nelson. He's the guy we have been missing at the end of games. Turks been doing all the things Nelson should be doing, the things Nelson has the actual talent to do. That being said if Orlando had a better system in place it would not even matter.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
Visirale
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by Visirale » Fri May 15, 2009 12:06 am

Chris Paul. Nelson is nice, but Paul is better. He is the elite PG of the league and is the perfect superstar to couple with Howard... A completely unselfish player who is amazing at creating offense for his other teammates.

Return to Orlando Magic