ImageImageImageImage

Perfect PG to play next to Howard

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Re: Perfect PG to play next to Howard 

Post#41 » by ORL » Fri May 15, 2009 4:00 am

I think the point all the people who say Jameer are trying to make is that this is seen as a reaction thread, presumably due to poor PG play in this series. And they bring up Jameer not because he really is the best PG out there that could play with Dwight, but because he is a terrific All-Star PG, and his is a position we do not need to fill.
spudwebb
Sixth Man
And1: 2,195

Post#42 » by spudwebb » Fri May 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Aaron Brooks would be nice next to Howard too
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#43 » by TheRevTy » Fri May 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Once again, has there ever been an elite true PG paired with an elite true center? The only instance I can think of is Duncan and Parker.
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#44 » by Orium » Fri May 15, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't really care if we have the best, just one of the best. And we do, so :dontknow:
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#45 » by Magic.City.23. » Fri May 15, 2009 5:08 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Once again, has there ever been an elite true PG paired with an elite true center? The only instance I can think of is Duncan and Parker.

Yes. Magic & Kareem.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#46 » by MoGrAdY » Fri May 15, 2009 10:01 pm

zuppafly wrote:Jameer Nelson.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,258

Post#47 » by eyriq » Fri May 15, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm more than happy to say Nelson in this case. He is the best shooter of the bunch, has great chemistry with Dwight, and can do all the little things to make this system work. Just look at the plus minus of our starting unit with Nelson; it's like a ridiculous plus 20 or something. I'm more than happy to stick with the bird in hand rather than go for the two in the bush.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#48 » by lovehoops01 » Sat May 16, 2009 5:50 am

Why did you feel compelled to ask this question?

Dwight and Jameer work fine together.

You might not think Jameer is the same quality PG as Chris Paul or Deron Williams or even Steve Nash. But he works well with Dwight, has a big heart, is a good shooter and is a good leader for the Magic. The fact that he and Dwight are close friends makes it that much better.

FWIW, I don't remember that Paul ever threw the ball at all to Dwight on the national team. The only guys I remember ever throwing Dwight the ball over the summer were Kidd, Wade and Melo. Before Amare went out for the season, there were rumors the Suns were going to trade him because he was complaining about not getting the ball enough so evidently Nash wasn't keeping him happy. That supposedly was a problem for Marion, too, because he didn't feel like he got enough credit when he was there. I love Deron "Williams mostly because he combines good shooting, good vision and size. But I don't know that he and Dwight necessarily would play better together than Dwight and Jameer, who already knows his teammates very well.

Return to Orlando Magic