ImageImageImageImage

Game 6 replay NBATV at 3pm Saturday

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Game 6 replay NBATV at 3pm Saturday 

Post#1 » by Shishnizzle » Sat May 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Just in case you need a fix till tomorrow :D .

actually game 3 at noon sorry

game 6 at 3
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Re: Game 6 replay NBATV at 3pm Saturday 

Post#2 » by EasternMagic » Sat May 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Im watching it, one of the big little things I have noticed (sort of obvious), is the time outs stan calls, all taken exactly where they need to be. Kept us in the game at certain points.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#3 » by Shishnizzle » Sat May 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeh this is the re game thread lol.

I really like what MP did in this game.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#4 » by j-ragg » Sat May 16, 2009 9:18 pm

EasternMagic wrote:Im watching it, one of the big little things I have noticed (sort of obvious), is the time outs stan calls, all taken exactly where they need to be. Kept us in the game at certain points.

I think doubling Pierce was one of the dumbest things we did throughout the game.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,514

Post#5 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sat May 16, 2009 9:34 pm

I record all Magic games I get to see on TV. And I watch them from time to time. But if we lose, I'll tape over it! :laugh:
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#6 » by AgEnT50 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:00 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:I record all Magic games I get to see on TV. And I watch them from time to time. But if we lose, I'll tape over it! :laugh:

same here
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Sun May 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Just a quick note on NBA TV.

They are lowering their price to get off of the Sports Tiers they are currently on so they can be on Cable and Satelite versions of Digital Basic. This will also put NBA TV in more households.

Direct TV just completed a deal to do this recently and cable companies are expected to follow. Dish Network probably will too.

It could save the NBA fan who only buys the Sports Tier for NBA TV some money.

Deals that would bring NBA TV HD could also happen as a result of these discussions for the cable companies.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#8 » by glennathan » Sun May 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Just a quick note on NBA TV.

They are lowering their price to get off of the Sports Tiers they are currently on so they can be on Cable and Satelite versions of Digital Basic. This will also put NBA TV in more households.

Direct TV just completed a deal to do this recently and cable companies are expected to follow. Dish Network probably will too.

It could save the NBA fan who only buys the Sports Tier for NBA TV some money.

Deals that would bring NBA TV HD could also happen as a result of these discussions for the cable companies.

Thanks for the info Howard. It is definitely a good move the cable and satellite companies are trying to do. I wish NFL network would follow suit s welll though..
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,644

Post#9 » by Howard Mass » Sun May 17, 2009 4:33 pm

I definitely agree.

The NBA is doing this so they can get in more homes and my hope is this will be worked out with Bright House, Comcast and Dish Network as well. They were or currently sports tiers for all of us due to their high costs.

They figure they can make more money by being on digital basic like MLB Network and getting money off of that tier regardless of whether of whether watch NBA TV instead of hoping viewers sign up for the $4-10 a month Sports Tier.

Neither ATT U-Verse and Verizon Fios carries NBa TV but if they do, the NBA Tv will likely want a deal to get off the Sports tiers.

On the NFL Network, the Owners are the ones being greedy here.

They want a larger fee than NBA TV did when they were on the Sports Tier and to be on Digital Basic. I even heard reports they even wanted to be on basic cable like ESPN.

These large fees are what made up the FS Florida fight along with the Big Ten Network fight in the Big Ten Area.

In addition, the NFL treats the fans horrible with the Sunday Ticket package even if you are a Direct TV subscriber.

Currently, fans have to pay close to $300 dollars for that package and around $390 if they want it in HD. When the exclusive agreement kicks in come 2011, it will be close to $450 with HD..

It is a complete ripoff compared to the NBA ($179) and MLB Extra Innings ($229) considering the NFL only has 17 regular season days a year compared to hundreds for both the NBA and MLB.

Note: Operators have to pick up Team and Game HD to broadcast the MLB and NBA games in HD.

My hope is the NFL will lower their demands and settle their disputes like they did with Dish Network and are trying to do with Comcast.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#10 » by glennathan » Sun May 17, 2009 4:46 pm

I would never purchase NFL sunday ticket. The way I see it is that it is a lot cheaper for me to go to the bar (perferably JAX in Lake Mary) buy lunch, get a drink or two, and tip out the server than it is to buy the NFL sunday ticket. JAX buys the ticket and then you can still watch any game you want.

I did buy the NBA League Pass and definitely thought it was worth it. MLB I have not bought yet.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?

Return to Orlando Magic