ImageImageImageImage

Booooing Carter is..

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RvM
Veteran
And1: 276

Re: Booooing Carter is.. 

Post#61 » by RvM » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:05 pm

INCUBUS* wrote:Them fans who boo VC... VC has a message for you... and its in my sig.. :D

:lol: haha awesome man. :bowdown:
RvM:42-31 when making Gamethreads.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#62 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:23 pm

VC deserves our support. Besides, we are winning after all. I don't really care for individual stats as long as my team gets to win it all.

Also, anyone ever think that other magic players might feel a little pressured? Say they get a bad stretch of games.. and all they think about is if this game will be the game everyone will boo them? It's understandable if it's the opponent's arena, but if it's your homecourt and your own fans booing you? Pretty demoralizing if you ask me.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,506

Post#63 » by Bensational » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:21 pm

Rccanes2311 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Rccanes2311 wrote:
Wait a second so the people who pay good money to watch guys who make millions of dollars play a game aren't allowed to boo???????????

yeah, cos i'm sure you'd find it motivating if your company's owner/investors all came down to boo you at the office if you're having an off day.

do you think that just because they're sports stars that they exist out of the realm of common decency?

AWWWWWWWWWWWW poor Vince Carter dude is a millionaire you really think he gives a **** if we boo him? Hopefully it encourages him to try and get better as a player some people would use that for motivation and reevaluate what they were doing because it isn't working. I have no idea with Carter cause sometimes he just doesn't care.

Now is it bad to boo high school or college guys yes that's not classy at all, but pro guys you can boo them all you want when they deserve it. You pay too much money to watch garbage and they make too much money to let it effect them.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(this is what we're supposed to do when someone is doing something incorrect/stupid/wrong, right?)
Rccanes2311
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Rccanes2311 » Mon Feb 1, 2010 3:58 am

Sure why not, and that had about as much effect on me as it does on Carter. He simply doesn't care as evident by his play tonight aganist Detroit where he continued to look like garbage. It's a game of professionals. The guy makes 17 million dollars you really think it's going to hurt his feeling cause he got booed. He needs to man up deal with it and improve his game.

There's nothing wrong with booing professionals sometimes it needs to be done cause sometimes doing more than just clapping can motivate someone. Just like when you see a coach chew a player out or bench him he's trying to let him know he's messing up. He needs to toughen up and become a better player, and do what we brought him in to do. The problem is I don't think he ever will. So I say keep booing him until he gets better or gets out.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,506

Post#65 » by Bensational » Mon Feb 1, 2010 11:28 am

Rccanes2311 wrote:Sure why not, and that had about as much effect on me as it does on Carter. He simply doesn't care as evident by his play tonight aganist Detroit where he continued to look like garbage. It's a game of professionals. The guy makes 17 million dollars you really think it's going to hurt his feeling cause he got booed. He needs to man up deal with it and improve his game.

There's nothing wrong with booing professionals sometimes it needs to be done cause sometimes doing more than just clapping can motivate someone. Just like when you see a coach chew a player out or bench him he's trying to let him know he's messing up. He needs to toughen up and become a better player, and do what we brought him in to do. The problem is I don't think he ever will. So I say keep booing him until he gets better or gets out.

wow. you think that the amount of money someone makes is some kind of measure as to how much they can tolerate being abused?

and if he is trying to improve his game, what motivation does he have (outside of being professional and earning his money) if his own fans are booing him. he's not trying to suck. it's like booing a kid who's trying to learn how to ride a bicycle who keeps falling off.

and a coach is allowed to chew out his players, because he's the one teaching them. they look up to him and respect him. whereas Joe Blow, who's sitting in the upper bowl, munching on his hot dog and watching the game in between bites of his hot dog and texting buddies to tell them he's at the game, the players don't respect him. they don't look up to him. if he were to cheer them, they'd be grateful for the support. if he were to boo them, they'd take it as an insult.

it's the same as some random dude commending or criticising whatever job you do.

come on dude, this is a basic degree of empathy here. put yourself in his shoes.
mike_miller
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#66 » by mike_miller » Mon Feb 1, 2010 3:11 pm

^ so you can pay a guy 100mil a year and take him out in the street after the game if he misses some shots?

there is no more self-centered and unaware person than the sports fan. you pay your money to sit in that seat and watch a game..nothing more.

stop acting like your 50 bucs entitles you free reign over someone who is literally sacrificing their body for your enjoyment..

people like you are why i love ron artest.

Return to Orlando Magic