ImageImageImageImage

D12 on Shaq: "If he wants to be Superman...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Official
Veteran
And1: 321

Re: D12 on Shaq: "If he wants to be Superman... 

Post#41 » by Official » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Was Shaq in the all star game or did I miss something?
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#42 » by Hilltop » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Bomb_First wrote:
Hilltop wrote:Actually you brought up MVPs, Championships, and more. You said that Dwight couldn't say anything because of that. :lol:

What would Dwight say back to Shaq? Im not excusing anyone. Dwight got called out and he punked out.

Rings, MVPs and basketball accolades can't buy class, period.

But hey, as I expected, you came here to troll. It's a shame though. Many Cleveland fans on this board such as Outlaw, InboobieWetrust, and others have had no problem showing some class. Not that I expected any from you given your lowbrow remarks and complete lack of wit. Your posts here and on the GB have never added any value to the on-going discussions anyway :lol:
Official
Veteran
And1: 321

Post#43 » by Official » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:49 pm

David Lee and Al Horford made the all star game over Shaq

Real superman my ass.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#44 » by J-Ville Smoke » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Only the worst of trolls would come in here and call Dwight a pussy after being the bigger person in this issue.

This coming from a fan of a team who's best player had evidence of getting dunked on confiscated and had their ALL WORLD Big man FLOP when playing Dwight last year.

Hey, asshat, when you knock us out of the postseason you can talk. Until then, you can fap yourself to sleep thinking of how great your regular season is.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Hilltop » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Pay no attention to Bomb_First, he's one of the worst posters of the Cleveland fanbase here. I haven't seen him make one insightful comment. It's all these lamebrain remarks which aren't even the least bit funny or witty. If he were entertaining, he might have gotten away with it, but it seems intelligence is completely absent in this one :lol: I wouldn't pay too much attention to a two-cent brain talking smack.
ReadyOrlando
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#46 » by ReadyOrlando » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:55 pm

My 5 year old nephew thinks he's Superman also...I wonder how Shaq feels about that 8-)
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#47 » by FFBlitzace » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm

Bomb_First wrote:
The real Superman doesn't backdown when someone calls them out :lol:

You're receiving an official warning for trolling. Cut it out or you could face a suspension.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Hilltop » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:09 pm

I wouldn't mind if he was banned right then and there :lol: It's not like his dodo posts will be missed anyway. Bomb_First and intelligence are mutually exclusive sets.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#49 » by FFBlitzace » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Well, if he was a real Superman, he wouldn't back down from my lame warning and just keep doin his thang. In which case we would have good reason to suspend him.

But first we must give him a chance to change his ways.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
HeyIt'sMe
Lead Assistant
And1: 127

Post#50 » by HeyIt'sMe » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Bill Russell has 11 rings, maybe he can do a random ad hominem attack on Shaq and ask him how his ass tastes? Oh, what's that, Bill Russell has class and would never do such a thing?

Shaq's a moron and insecure beyond belief, period. Dwight is called mentally weak, yet Shaq is the one having an anxiety attack over a nickname.
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#51 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Good job on Dwight's part to ignore Shaq, Shaq is a legend and rightfully is one of the best centers to play the game, but his attitude is piss-poor. Learn something from Dwight, it's class, you can have the nickname Shaq if you want it. just becuase you left a black hole in our franchise for years and we find the closest thing to you, move on Shaq.
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,373

Post#52 » by tsherkin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 pm

In defense of Shaq, he's done this a lot throughout his career, calling guys out when he feels that he's better than them to try and play mind games. He did it with David Robinson, too. Jordan did the same thing, only much more cruelly and far more often.

Is it a sign of insecurity? Certainly. Shaq's way past his prime and he knows it, and he's unhappy about the portrayal of Dwight with a nickname that Shaq himself held. It's not Dwight's fault, of course, but it's at least marginally understandable.

It's nice to see Dwight not responding to it, though. He obviously holds Shaq in high regard (and really, everyone should... at least where basketball achievements are concerned) and it's unfortunate that Shaq is acting this way. I wouldn't be uber-helpful to Dwight in Shaq's position either. After he retired? 100%, but not while he's still playing.

Is it a defense? Not really, Shaq's kind of being a dick, but at least there's a reason to it, it's not coming from no where. Shaq's like anyone else, not an amazing person. There really aren't that many of those, they're far rarer than people want to believe. Shaq's conduct is mostly noticeable because a) he's a high-profile athlete, b) Dwight's on the Magic and c) Shaq didn't re-sign with Orlando after the 95-96 season (and didn't leave on the best of terms, either).

Is he a great role model? Hell no. But is this really unusual behavior? Not even a little bit. Classy players, guys like David Robinson, Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard, tend not to act like this and that's great for them as people. In Duncan's case, it also hasn't impeded his success in winning titles. But guys who feel that way, who are destructively competitive and who are insecure about their legacies like that, they are frequently among the best at what they do. Like Shaq, like MJ. So it's not that uncommon.

The best bet is simply to ignore it, especially when you can enjoy a talent like Dwight.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,862

Post#53 » by RookieStar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Hey remember when Dwight said his idol was KG and when KG started bullying him around he responded by destroying him? Wonder if that will happen now too especially with a has-been.

Anyway, props to Dwight for being the bigger man and staying classy. Seems the Magic owners really do go after "high class" guys.
UKMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#54 » by UKMagic » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:37 pm

As a basketball player Dwight can learn from Shaq. As a person Shaq can learn from Dwight.
@CraggsNumber1
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,493

Post#55 » by Bensational » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:39 pm

Hilltop wrote:Anyone who brings up MVPs and Championships to excuse Shaq's behaviour is an idiot. It's as if basketball accolades can excuse someone from common decency and classy behaviour. :lol:

cleveland don't believe in class/sportsmanship/decency.

they forget what they were before the King came to town.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,493

Post#56 » by Bensational » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 am

UKMagic wrote:As a basketball player Dwight can learn from Shaq. As a person Shaq can learn from Dwight.

throw in some kung fu, and you've got yourself a blockbuster movie there.....
XonezIOIzenoX
Senior
And1: 44

Post#57 » by XonezIOIzenoX » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:02 am

Bomb_First wrote:
Hilltop wrote:Anyone who brings up MVPs and Championships to excuse Shaq's behaviour is an idiot. It's as if basketball accolades can excuse someone from common decency and classy behaviour. :lol:

Im not excusing Shaq at all. He called Dwight out and he backed down just like we all knew he would. :lol:

This ain't about backing down, or stand and fight back. This is about a 38 year old man who have achieved alot crying about a name that is not even his, or owned. Shaq with a million names and million more to come (the old diesel, hybrid, dinosaur, shaturle, etc.), superman is nothing more than super and man just mixed in together. Shaq may have a tattoo, superman symbol on his cars, pool, etc. The only thing that is shown to me is he is a huge fan of superman the comic books lol. He don't own anything on that trademark, yet he sports it like it is his own. If Dwight Howard wants to go out and pretend he is superman then so be it. I wish the whole magic team come out and say i am superman. Imagine shaq seeing that, he would have had a heart attack at his age.

Nothing against shaq, the man did his thing for the nba and his career, just have wished that at his giving age, he would of atleast support the only athletic center that is almost a likes of shaq, would have been more like a mentor then a guy who grumpy about a name he once use to be called for, Superman.
ReadyOrlando
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#58 » by ReadyOrlando » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 am

XonezIOIzenoX wrote:
Bomb_First wrote:

Im not excusing Shaq at all. He called Dwight out and he backed down just like we all knew he would. :lol:

This ain't about backing down, or stand and fight back. This is about a 38 year old man who have achieved alot crying about a name that is not even his, or owned. Shaq with a million names and million more to come (the old diesel, hybrid, dinosaur, shaturle, etc.), superman is nothing more than super and man just mixed in together. Shaq may have a tattoo, superman symbol on his cars, pool, etc. The only thing that is shown to me is he is a huge fan of superman the comic books lol. He don't own anything on that trademark, yet he sports it like it is his own. If Dwight Howard wants to go out and pretend he is superman then so be it. I wish the whole magic team come out and say i am superman. Imagine shaq seeing that, he would have had a heart attack at his age. Nothing against shaq, the man did his thing for the nba and his career, just have wished that at his giving age, he would of atleast support the only athletic center that is almost a likes of shaq, would have been more like a mentor then a guy who grumpy about a name he once use to be called for, Superman.

:rofl2: :rofl2:
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#59 » by Idunkonyou2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:48 am

And this is why I love Howard. One of the most classiest guys in the NBA today.

Return to Orlando Magic