ImageImageImage

Miller part of long term plan?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#21 » by tk76 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:12 pm

They can offer up to 10+M, but I don't think he is worth it given our resources should be directed at a PF.

If we move Miller, we will be 20+ M under the cap and probably could safely offer Calderon 8M and keep the other 12 in hopeof making a move for a big (even more $'s if we somehow foist Evans or Green on someone.)
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Re: AM 

Post#22 » by corwin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:58 pm

IglooKing2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Portland's going to have some cap space in '09. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it to make a run at Miller.

Blake, Jack, Fernandez, Taurean Green & Kaponen (overseas). I see subtraction at the PG spot for Portland & not addition.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Re: Calderon 

Post#23 » by corwin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Mahorn at the 4 wrote:Es making a move for Calderon makes too much sense to me. By moving Miller, we increase cap space, bring back talent and likely a pick or 2. This additional cap space allows for a Calderon move as well as a move for a PF.

Calderon is playing his way to being one of the restricted FA prizes. Also, the Raptors already have an expensive PG. How much cap sense would it make to have big $$ tied up in 2 PG's.

Living in Canaa, I am able to watch a large # of Raptor games and I have grown to really appreciate Calderon's game. I root for them every night, except when they are playing my 6ers.

I just took a look at the Raptor's Board. Fans there seem to think that his defense is terrible & that makes him worse than Miller who is probably below average defensively. This team does not need a PG who can't play defense.
IglooKing2
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: AM 

Post#24 » by IglooKing2 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:53 pm

corwin wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Blake, Jack, Fernandez, Taurean Green & Kaponen (overseas). I see subtraction at the PG spot for Portland & not addition.

Are any of those guys as good as Miller? It's a quality over quantity issue. Besides, Portland can get rid of Jack and Rodriguez in '09 (restricted FA and team option).
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,638

Re: Calderon 

Post#25 » by Stanford » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:49 pm

Mahorn at the 4 wrote:Living in Canaa, I am able to watch a large # of Raptor games and I have grown to really appreciate Calderon's game. I root for them every night, except when they are playing my 6ers.

Then you should know how important it is to have both Ford and Calderon on the active roster. Calderon isn't going anyway.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers