ImageImageImage

OT Jason Thompson goes to Paul Pierce school of interviews

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

is1531
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: OT Jason Thompson goes to Paul Pierce school of interviews 

Post#21 » by is1531 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:39 pm

monks wrote:I saw several of Thompson's games last year and one or two the previous year. Two years ago only he and Kevin Durant averaged 20 and 10 in Division I, and Thompson had much less help. It's true that he didn't play against the same caliber of competition night in and night out, but he provided top-notch, efficient scoring from 17 feet and in, was consistently guarding the opposing team's best frontcourt player, and even ran the break off of rebounds several times. He's got many skills that would make him a lethal SF if he was a bit quicker, but I can definitely see him being a starting PF for many years.

Actually, a teammate of his in his prime is who he kind of reminds me of skill-wise: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, just with a bit more size and the ability to play some minutes at the 5 rather than the 3.

This kid will be a mainstay for the Kings for the next 10 years.
Don
Rookie
And1: 9

Re: OT Jason Thompson goes to Paul Pierce school of interviews 

Post#22 » by Don » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:46 am

Dumb move, Jason. He's gonna be taught some respect this year. This isn't the playground, where you talk trash to prove your toughness. Starters will give him no leeway when he's on the court. Unless he is far and away a strong-willed player that can break through, he just made his life a lot harder with his comments.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers