Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#461 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:20 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Caldwell-Pope just lacks trustworthiness and consistency. It's pretty telling that LeBron barely plays him in L.A. I'd pass.

:lol:

I'd take him if he got bought out. Without having Bayless as a useless player that can match salary, it seems like we'd be losing production in any deal that would be legal.

The next guy that can be Bayless is Chandler, let’s see if he’s gonna be injury prone or can help this team iwhen healthy.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,785

Post#462 » by the_process » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:59 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Caldwell-Pope just lacks trustworthiness and consistency. It's pretty telling that LeBron barely plays him in L.A. I'd pass.

I'd take him if he got bought out. Without having Bayless as a useless player that can match salary, it seems like we'd be losing production in any deal that would be legal.

The next guy that can be Bayless is Chandler, let’s see if he’s gonna be injury prone or can help this team iwhen healthy.

Sadly, this team needs Chandler now after dealing Saric. Muscala's time at the 4 needs to be very limited and strategic. So unless you can add, say, Ariza on the buyout market and Bobby Portis via trade... he can't go anywhere.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#463 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:05 pm

the_process wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Sadly, this team needs Chandler now after dealing Saric. Muscala's time at the 4 needs to be very limited and strategic. So unless you can add, say, Ariza on the buyout market and Bobby Portis via trade... he can't go anywhere.

Chandler and TJ for Ariza
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 462

Post#464 » by PhillyFan11 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:03 am

Fultz, Korkmaz and a couple of 2’s for Portis and Justin Holiday.

JJ
Jimmy
Ben
Portis
Jo

Chandler and Muscala get around 20 mins off the bench.
Holiday and Shamet get around 15
Amir and TJ used when necessary
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#465 » by LloydFree » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:09 am

I keep seeing guys mention Korver, but nobody ever mentions Wayne Ellington or Mike Scott as possibilities. Gimme any of:

Ellington
M Scott
P Beverly
Tolliver
Portis
Lyles
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,528

Post#466 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Any Kent Bazemore interest? He's another guy that would be difficult to match salaries with, but could be a good uptempo option as a 5th starter. The main issue being we'd probably have to give up Chandler to get it done, leaving us even thinner at forward, and we'd be locked into operating as an over the cap team in the off-season (not such a bad thing IMO)
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#467 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:53 pm

I think any deal that sends out Chandler must bring in 2 things:

1. A comparably decent PF who can take Chandler's minutes and role, even if not an expiring deal.
2. A defensive minded wing who can hit some 3s in catch and shoot situations.

If you then include Fultz in a deal with Chandler (which I don't see happening), the return must be the same as the above, but with higher caliber players, and then also either draft picks or a young prospect.

Ideally, you find a way to include Korkmaz in a Chandler deal and get back a starting PF and a backup SF, both on team friendly deals, who fit with the 3 stars.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,961

Post#468 » by sixers4real » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:11 pm

I highly doubt the team will trade Chandler, TJ, Korkmaz or any player that is expiring for non-expiring. Or that has to be a star (ala Beal) and obviously include Fultz.
We need to have cap space next summer.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#469 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:33 pm

sixers4real wrote:I highly doubt the team will trade Chandler, TJ, Korkmaz or any player that is expiring for non-expiring. Or that has to be a star (ala Beal) and obviously include Fultz.

I'm fine with operating as an over the cap team during the summer if we can get some quality players in here now. It's basically 20M in cap space vs whoever you get in a deal + being able to retain JJ + being able to use the full MLE
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#470 » by sixers4real » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:39 pm

youngcrev wrote:
sixers4real wrote:I highly doubt the team will trade Chandler, TJ, Korkmaz or any player that is expiring for non-expiring. Or that has to be a star (ala Beal) and obviously include Fultz.

I'm fine with operating as an over the cap team during the summer if we can get some quality players in here now. It's basically 20M in cap space vs whoever you get in a deal + being able to retain JJ + being able to use the full MLE

They better be really quality players, not just a little better then Chandler if we are waisting next summers cap space.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#471 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:52 pm

sixers4real wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

They better be really quality players, not just a little better then Chandler if we are waisting next summers cap space.

I guess (well, yeah, you'd definitely want to get a better player than Chandler, otherwise there's no point). But unless they dump Fultz, they're probably out of the running for the top guys. 20M probably doesn't get you in the room with even Harris or Middleton.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#472 » by sixers4real » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:04 pm

youngcrev wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

I guess (well, yeah, you'd definitely want to get a better player than Chandler, otherwise there's no point). But unless they dump Fultz, they're probably out of the running for the top guys. 20M probably doesn't get you in the room with even Harris or Middleton.

I agree. A star has to become available in a trade this year IF they trade Fultz. Ala Beal, as I’ve said earlier. But it’s highly unlikely that we are getting a star via trade this year.
I say there is more then 50% that Fultz is NOT a Sixer in October 2019. Because Sixers will hunt for another star. Most likely via FA 2019. In that case, Fultz money has to be dumped.
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#473 » by PhillyFan11 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:17 pm

sixers4real wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
sixers4real wrote:They better be really quality players, not just a little better then Chandler if we are waisting next summers cap space.

I agree. A star has to become available in a trade this year IF they trade Fultz. Ala Beal, as I’ve said earlier. But it’s highly unlikely that we are getting a star via trade this year.
I say there is more then 50% that Fultz is NOT a Sixer in October 2019. Because Sixers will hunt for another star. Most likely via FA 2019. In that case, Fultz money has to be dumped.

Out of curiosity...why does a star have to be available to trade Fultz? Do you think he is going to build on his value this year? Do you have confidence that he will be ready to make the jump to good starter next year?
I don’t want to give him away for nothing, but if we have a chance to get 1 or 2 players that can help us make a legit run this year I say go for it. Gotta cut your losses sooner rather than later
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#474 » by sixers4real » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:23 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Out of curiosity...why does a star have to be available to trade Fultz? Do you think he is going to build on his value this year? Do you have confidence that he will be ready to make the jump to good starter next year?
I don’t want to give him away for nothing, but if we have a chance to get 1 or 2 players that can help us make a legit run this year I say go for it. Gotta cut your losses sooner rather than later

A. We can trade Fultz + Chandler + Smith + MIA pick + Sixers 2020 first round pick for Beal. He is available BTW.
B. we can trade Fultz for some team for future first if a player like Middleton or Tobias Harris agrees to come here but we need to dump salary.

Either way, Fultz is a PG, and basically he is Simmons backup. Backup PGs are not that hard to find. And I say that as a longtime Fultz supporter.
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#475 » by PhillyFan11 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm

sixers4real wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
sixers4real wrote:I agree. A star has to become available in a trade this year IF they trade Fultz. Ala Beal, as I’ve said earlier. But it’s highly unlikely that we are getting a star via trade this year.

A. We can trade Fultz + Chandler + Smith + MIA pick + Sixers 2020 first round pick for Beal. He is available BTW.
B. we can trade Fultz for some team for future first if a player like Middleton or Tobias Harris agrees to come here but we need to dump salary.

Either way, Fultz is a PG, and basically he is Simmons backup. Backup PGs are not that hard to find. And I say that as a longtime Fultz supporter.

CAN we trade that package for Beal lol? Pretty sure there’s 2 sides to that trade.
And I’m not worried about a 4th star type player until I have Butler locked up. Sounds likely he will, but still always a risk.

My point was that I think Fultz’s value will only DECREASE rather than increase. Not to mention his rookie deal is going away quickly. I have no idea what Fultz’s value is around the league right now, but if it’s even marginally high to another team I’d like to take advantage before it’s too late.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#476 » by sixers4real » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:12 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

CAN we trade that package for Beal lol? Pretty sure there’s 2 sides to that trade.

What do you mean? Bad package from our side? Well at least a try lol.
PhillyFan11 wrote:And I’m not worried about a 4th star type player until I have Butler locked up. Sounds likely he will, but still always a risk.

My point was that I think Fultz’s value will only DECREASE rather than increase. Not to mention his rookie deal is going away quickly. I have no idea what Fultz’s value is around the league right now, but if it’s even marginally high to another team I’d like to take advantage before it’s too late

Fultz value increased once we traded for Butler and he started playing his natural position, which is PG. He can be a nice PG in some team. And he will probably play better as the season goes on so his value will increase, that's what I think.
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#477 » by PhillyFan11 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:01 pm

sixers4real wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
sixers4real wrote:A. We can trade Fultz + Chandler + Smith + MIA pick + Sixers 2020 first round pick for Beal. He is available BTW.

What do you mean? Bad package from our side? Well at least a try lol.
PhillyFan11 wrote:And I’m not worried about a 4th star type player until I have Butler locked up. Sounds likely he will, but still always a risk.

My point was that I think Fultz’s value will only DECREASE rather than increase. Not to mention his rookie deal is going away quickly. I have no idea what Fultz’s value is around the league right now, but if it’s even marginally high to another team I’d like to take advantage before it’s too late

Fultz value increased once we traded for Butler and he started playing his natural position, which is PG. He can be a nice PG in some team. And he will probably play better as the season goes on so his value will increase, that's what I think.

It was just how you said it so matter of factly lol...I’d do that trade from our side for sure.

And we clearly see Fultz differently. In today’s modern NBA a PG still has to be able to shoot, unless they are able to put up near triple double #’s like Rondo or Ben. I see Fultz as more like an Elfrid Payton...that got traded for a 2nd rounder.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#478 » by LloydFree » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:48 pm

sixers4real wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
sixers4real wrote:They better be really quality players, not just a little better then Chandler if we are waisting next summers cap space.

If they are thinking ahead, Fultz money should be dumped either way. They'll have two (2) starting spots and five (5) total rotation spots overall, to fill with only 20 million dollars next off season. If they want to keep Redick AND sign someone, Redick's cap hold would use up the entire 20 million and they wouldn't have any space.

If they trade Fultz's salary, they could extend JJ Redick for another 12.5 million, have 4 starters locked in, and still have 17.5 million per, available for 1 starter and some backups.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#479 » by sixers4real » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:12 pm

LloydFree wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

If they are thinking ahead, Fultz money should be dumped either way. They'll have two (2) starting spots and five (5) total rotation spots overall, to fill with only 20 million dollars next off season. If they want to keep Redick AND sign someone, Redick's cap hold would use up the entire 20 million and they wouldn't have any space.

If they trade Fultz's salary, they could extend JJ Redick for another 12.5 million, have 4 starters locked in, and still have 17.5 million per, available for 1 starter and some backups.

My guess was JJ would sign here for MLE if we get some another big fish ala Tobias Harris.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,097

Post#480 » by sixers hoops » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:16 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

And I’m not worried about a 4th star type player until I have Butler locked up. Sounds likely he will, but still always a risk.

My point was that I think Fultz’s value will only DECREASE rather than increase. Not to mention his rookie deal is going away quickly. I have no idea what Fultz’s value is around the league right now, but if it’s even marginally high to another team I’d like to take advantage before it’s too late.

I assume we couldn’t get Beal for that, but who knows. It’s a good package of players and picks, but lacks a premium asset. Smith is an okay prospect. Fultz doesn’t have much value. And it’s far from a certainty that any of those picks end up in the lottery. As a whole it is an okay trade return, but they would likely get an offer involving a higher upside prospect or pick...unfortunately, some idiot gave the Celtics the Sac pick to guarantee us Fultz.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers