ImageImageImage

Around the League - 2019-2020

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Foshan, Sixerscan

Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 27,787
And1: 11,771
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#721 » by Kobblehead » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:31 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:and a new coach who is willing to push Simmons to his limits is the way to go.

Do you seriously think Ben Simmons would respond positively to someone like that?

He comes off pretty spoiled and entitled to me. I could see him checking out and shutting down if a demanding hardliner was barking at him. Look no further than the way Brett and Joel have to walk on eggshells when talking about Ben's shooting.
Bum Adebayo
Analyst
Posts: 3,235
And1: 1,222
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#722 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:44 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:and a new coach who is willing to push Simmons to his limits is the way to go.

Do you seriously think Ben Simmons would respond positively to someone like that?

He comes off pretty spoiled and entitled to me. I could see him checking out and shutting down if a demanding hardliner was barking at him. Look no further than the way Brett and Joel have to walk on eggshells when talking about Ben's shooting.


I don't know how he would respond, but that's the point to do it, to see what happens. If he responds bad to it then he is a problem and not worth to have in our team, at that point you trade him.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 27,787
And1: 11,771
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#723 » by Kobblehead » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:44 pm

I tried to tell yall about Jabari Parker's defense. He's been phenomenal defensively this year. So pissed that we missed out on somehow signing him.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 27,787
And1: 11,771
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#724 » by Kobblehead » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:35 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:I don't know how he would respond, but that's the point to do it, to see what happens. If he responds bad to it then he is a problem and not worth to have in our team, at that point you trade him.


If Ben was going to be an eventual hall of famer, we'd have seen it by now. Looks like a career role player ala Josh Smith, to me. Joel is an eventual hall of famer and we're not properly utilizing him by fooling around to see if Fultz or Simmons can develop into a compliment to him.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 27,787
And1: 11,771
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#725 » by Kobblehead » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:58 pm

So Zion just isn't playing this year, right?

He apparently hasn't even begun on-court activities yet.
XtremeDunkz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,726
And1: 3,887
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#726 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Dec 3, 2019 9:49 pm

Kobblehead wrote:So Zion just isn't playing this year, right?

He apparently hasn't even begun on-court activities yet.
HmmImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Bum Adebayo
Analyst
Posts: 3,235
And1: 1,222
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#727 » by Bum Adebayo » Yesterday 1:07 am

Kobblehead wrote:I tried to tell yall about Jabari Parker's defense. He's been phenomenal defensively this year. So pissed that we missed out on somehow signing him.


I agree, he is a homeless Melo after all, glad you're on board!
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 27,787
And1: 11,771
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#728 » by Kobblehead » Yesterday 1:14 am

If Melo keeps it up, I'll admit I was wrong. You really think this is real and not just a final stand of a once proud player?

Melo being washed for 88 games between Thunder/Rockets vs. Melo looking like he still has something for 6 games with Blazers.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 30,205
And1: 12,493
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#729 » by Sixerscan » Yesterday 2:22 am

Fun Heat Raptors game, Jimmy is basically a full time PG now with Dragic out.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 40,934
And1: 12,913
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#730 » by 76ciology » Yesterday 2:28 am

Kobblehead wrote:If Melo keeps it up, I'll admit I was wrong. You really think this is real and not just a final stand of a once proud player?

Melo being washed for 88 games between Thunder/Rockets vs. Melo looking like he still has something for 6 games with Blazers.


I think he won’t be able to sustain this. He’s just very energetic coming from his 1 year vacation. It’s like the part of the ponzi scheme where he’s showing returns using other people’s money. Once the expectation gets high and things get rough, i think it’s going to get into a steep decline
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
¨Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.¨
- Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 40,934
And1: 12,913
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#731 » by 76ciology » Yesterday 2:33 am

Sixerscan wrote:Fun Heat Raptors game, Jimmy is basically a full time PG now with Dragic out.


Thats why he cant play with Ben
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
¨Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.¨
- Marcus Aurelius
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 30,205
And1: 12,493
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#732 » by Sixerscan » Yesterday 2:50 am

Actually playing through WInslow down the stretch, Butler being oddly passive. On offense anyway, on defense he's overhelping a lot leading to some open shots.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 30,205
And1: 12,493
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#733 » by Sixerscan » Yesterday 3:05 am

Oh Jimmy's going now
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 30,205
And1: 12,493
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#734 » by Sixerscan » Yesterday 3:15 am

Would be a really interesting series.

When they're not getting doored by the Sixers, Jimmy and his merry band of 6th men are pretty fun.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 40,934
And1: 12,913
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#735 » by 76ciology » Yesterday 4:40 am



Matter of time
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
¨Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.¨
- Marcus Aurelius
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,689
And1: 4,043
Joined: May 05, 2012
   

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#736 » by eagereyez » Yesterday 5:47 am

Kobblehead wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Read on Twitter


How real contenders close out games...

You subtweet me a lot. You realize that?

Jamal Murray is a 22 year old doofus. He shoots invisible arrows after he makes shots. I don't expect consistent winning decisions or maturity from him for another 2-4 years.

I actually love watching him do that lol. The Blue Arrow would fit perfectly in a Sixers uniform.
XtremeDunkz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,726
And1: 3,887
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#737 » by XtremeDunkz » Yesterday 7:29 am

eagereyez wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Read on Twitter


How real contenders close out games...

You subtweet me a lot. You realize that?

Jamal Murray is a 22 year old doofus. He shoots invisible arrows after he makes shots. I don't expect consistent winning decisions or maturity from him for another 2-4 years.

I actually love watching him do that lol. The Blue Arrow would fit perfectly in a Sixers uniform.


Shooting arrows is much better than the 3 fingers celebrations.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
phillynative
Veteran
Posts: 2,705
And1: 426
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#738 » by phillynative » Yesterday 12:58 pm

So the heat beat the raptors last nite good us. They seem to be evenly matched.
User avatar
cksdayoff
RealGM
Posts: 13,322
And1: 3,627
Joined: Jun 21, 2010

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#739 » by cksdayoff » Yesterday 1:21 pm

76ciology wrote:

Matter of time


76ciology doing god's work in this thread. thank you
#failforfultz
Bum Adebayo
Analyst
Posts: 3,235
And1: 1,222
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
 

Re: Around the League - 2019-2020 

Post#740 » by Bum Adebayo » Yesterday 2:27 pm

Kobblehead wrote:If Melo keeps it up, I'll admit I was wrong. You really think this is real and not just a final stand of a once proud player?

Melo being washed for 88 games between Thunder/Rockets vs. Melo looking like he still has something for 6 games with Blazers.


No, he won't keep playing like he did these 3 games. He won't mantain these percentages, but again, the point was that he is not an NBA player and that was just blasphemy. We will see how he does but what I'm sure is that he still is a NBA level player.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers