Welcome Jimmy Butler

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,302

Re: Welcome Jimmy Butler 

Post#101 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:59 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Hopefully, Korver gets bought out soon and we sign him with the MLE.

Simmons(24)/Fultz(24)
Shamet(24)/Redick(24)
Butler(32)/Korver(16)
Chandler(24)/Muscala(16)/Simmons(8)
Embiid(32)/Muscala(8)/Amir(8)

We need to do everything to be able to play Butler and Embiid as few minutes as possible until the playoffs. Embiid can't be playing 40 minutes just for us to squeak out a 1 point win.

why in gods name are u starting shamet over redick LMFAO

guys, redick is starting, and its not even a question.. and even if somehow he didnt, hes not playing 24 mpg.. lmao

We should still have Redick as a spark off the bench IMO. We can play Shamet 20 mins and Redick 28 mins, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,613

Post#102 » by NYSixersFan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Stanford wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
Stanford wrote:
Unless that player leaves after the season and ruins team chemistry. :dontknow:

If he leaves, no big deal...as long as we use the cap space to bring in another star

Because that worked so well for us last offseason.

More options this summer....plus we lost two role players....not a big deal
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,059

Post#103 » by Stanford » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:00 pm

If, according to you, Shamet is a starting caliber player, he can be a spark of the bench.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,302

Post#104 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

ProcessTrusta wrote:The Sixers can verbally agree to a long term deal before the summer, use their cap room to sign another player, then re-sign Butler to go over the cap. If they play this right, they can get a 4th star, and having Butler could lure someone else here next summer.

Can we do this? I think if retain his bird rights we won't be able to sign anyone else to a max.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#105 » by Kova » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Mik317 wrote:i am torn.
Cov and Dario loved it here and were a big part of the process. Cov was one of the two guys to add to his game and he loved frosties man. Dario was a big part of our spacing and was finally turning it on....also best interview in the game yo. Jimmy has the tendency to be a butthead and is on borrowed time thanks to Thibbs. This move also kills our already piss poor depth (I assume Bolden might get more minutes tho).

HOWEVA

We need an iso scorer like crazy...Jimmy is that AND he actually plays defense. so yeah......

I'll just flip depending on how it turns out so get ready for

"see told you this wouldn't work yo"

or

"see told you Jimmy was da bes yo"

My thoughts exactly. I loved what Dario and Cov brought to the 'process' culture. With that gone, this will likely be an end of an era as we knew it.

And yeah, there's kind of a rule where 'whoever gets the best player in a trade won the trade', but I need to get my feelings in order here. As croatian, I was very attached to Dario playing from my Sixers, and him being one of the crucial parts of the process.

Cov is also one of the longest tenured guys here, Hinkie's gem.

They obviously talked with Butler and he expressed that he wants to stay here longerm. Otherwise, we'd be giving hell of a lot if its a rental.
Hell, I still think we are giving up a lot, considering the fact that Minny had to trade him because that situation there was unbearable. They saved themselves with this trade..

Finally, I wonder if that package (maybe improved with 1st round picks and/or Zhaire) would have been enought to get us Kawhi in the summer...
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,735

Post#106 » by FireMorey » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
ProcessTrusta wrote:The Sixers can verbally agree to a long term deal before the summer, use their cap room to sign another player, then re-sign Butler to go over the cap. If they play this right, they can get a 4th star, and having Butler could lure someone else here next summer.

Can we do this? I think if retain his bird rights we won't be able to sign anyone else to a max.

You might be right not sure now.
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,606

Post#107 » by Ugly Duckling » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Good deal for you guys. Saric is underrated, so that's a huge loss for you, but Butler is better and the way Embiid and Simmons are playing, you guys are ready to contend now. Plus you get rid of Covington's inflated contract (he's an elite defender, but was shooting lights out before inking the extension). You guys are going to be even more fun to watch now. Almost makes up for the Fultz disaster, but not quite, because if you took Tatum, you would've still had your pick and been able to keep Saric. Oh well, what's done is done
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#108 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Brett went stah hunting and bagged a huge one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,870

Post#109 » by Phila Tough » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:Good deal for you guys. Saric is underrated, so that's a huge loss for you, but Butler is better and the way Embiid and Simmons are playing, you guys are ready to contend now. Plus you get rid of Covington's inflated contract (he's an elite defender, but was shooting lights out before inking the extension). You guys are going to be even more fun to watch now. Almost makes up for the Fultz disaster, but not quite, because if you took Tatum, you would've still had your pick and been able to keep Saric. Oh well, what's done is done

Tatum is overrated.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,059

Post#110 » by Stanford » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:06 pm

For the record, I'm going to call him Jims. Jims Butler.

Feel free to join me.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,956

Post#111 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 pm

We have Butlers bird rights. Not sure what his cap hold will end up being but that will free up more space if we sign someone and then have Butler sign afterwards.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#112 » by mithrandir17 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:08 pm

ProcessTrusta wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

You might be right not sure now.

I think by not resigning Jimmy right away, he will still have a cap hold. Im not sure of the exact number but it will be a percentage of this year’s contract.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by FireMorey » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:09 pm

But I think even with his bird rights, we have the cap room to structure another max or close to it if we go less money in the first year of the deal... maybe?

I'm sure there are ways around it. Use Ned Cohen to figure it out lol.
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#114 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:09 pm

I don't think timberwolves fans care what we got back, just to get Jimmy out of here. I like the trade, as the wolves get good 3 point shooters and defensive players on good contracts. Jimmy getting old and is often injured. I think a bit overrated, but plays hard. O yeah I forgot to mention he has to be the most important player. Jimmy first. He is a locker room cancer. I hope this works out well for you guys, I liked your team before, Jimmy on paper makes your team better. I just hope he dosent do what he did in Chicago and here in Minnesota.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#115 » by FireMorey » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Read on Twitter
BryansBurner
Sophomore
And1: 134

Post#116 » by BryansBurner » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:11 pm

They are going all in on Jimmy Butler. If he leaves that means it's unlikely we will get a star to come here. And this was our last offseason of cap room.

I am conflicted. I loved Dario but realized he had limitations and was about to get paid market value. Covington is still underrated by this board and Sixers fans in general. They don't understand how important his length was to our defense. He got in passing lanes and made opponents' lives miserable. But, fans just see a 6'8" forward getting beat off the dribble once or twice by Kemba Walker and say "Cov iz overrated. What a joke. He sucks."

He was a huge part of this team. I think it was worth the gamble because we matched up terribly with Boston and Toronto before this trade. We needed someone who could create offense on his own.

If we could somehow get Danny Green (or JJ) and Tobias Harris it might be game over for the league.

Simmons
Green/Redick
Butler
Harris
Embiid
phillychuck
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#117 » by phillychuck » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:12 pm

I'm on late here, but, honestly, I wouldn't trade Cov straight up for Butler. He's a cancer on every team he plays for. We'll see, maybe Embiid can straighten him out...?

Or will he like playing for Brett?
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#118 » by Phila Tough » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:14 pm

T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:I don't think timberwolves fans care what we got back, just to get Jimmy out of here. I like the trade, as the wolves get good 3 point shooters and defensive players on good contracts. Jimmy getting old and is often injured. I think a bit overrated, but plays hard. O yeah I forgot to mention he has to be the most important player. Jimmy first. He is a locker room cancer. I hope this works out well for you guys, I liked your team before, Jimmy on paper makes your team better. I just hope he dosent do what he did in Chicago and here in Minnesota.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Thanks. Appreciate the salt
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,956

Post#119 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:14 pm

ProcessTrusta wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, looks like this will indeed be the make or break year for Fultz. Either he is the last piece of the puzzle or he will be gone.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#120 » by Phila Tough » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:14 pm

phillychuck wrote:I'm on late here, but, honestly, I wouldn't trade Cov straight up for Butler. He's a cancer on every team he plays for. We'll see, maybe Embiid can straighten him out...?

Or will he like playing for Brett?

He's played on two teams lol

Return to Philadelphia 76ers