ImageImageImage

Welcome Tobias Harris

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,595

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#101 » by youngcrev » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 am

Terrible player. MLE money max (hot take post Celtics game)
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#102 » by elchengue20 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:57 am

Tonight he was everything i feared he could be.

Yes he's shooting very well this season, but never was a elite shooter before. He HAS to be elite to play next to Embiid, Simmons and Butler.

Also he was weak defensevily, and didn't have the chance to score of the dribble or in ISOs, wich his biggest strenght.
Xenonn
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#103 » by Xenonn » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 am

I wonder if he's a Ben Simmons and plays bad against good teams
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,832

Post#104 » by the_process » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 am

notericjr wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:I'm not convinced that Tobias is our 4th best player. Time will tell, of course, but after 2 games, he's #2 after Embiid. Then again - if we're winning does it really matter?

he could be 4th, but he could also be 2nd best

best part about this whole thing is that even if one of our top guys has a off game, we've now got so much firepower that it doesn't matter anymore

oops! that theory didn't quite work tonight.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,832

Post#105 » by the_process » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:28 am

Hate the trade even more after the Celtics game tonight. It's objectively a huge overpay to still get curb stomped by Boston. In essence, they just threw away more assets for the hell of it. BC all over again.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#106 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am

LOL 1st game he plays bad and look at those overreactions. It is not a large sample size like Embiid always struggling against Horford and Baynes, it is literally one game only.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#107 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:22 am

the_process wrote:Hate the trade even more after the Celtics game tonight. It's objectively a huge overpay to still get curb stomped by Boston. In essence, we just throw away more assets for the hell of it. BC all over again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,040

Post#108 » by JazzUte88 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 am

Harris is the good, but not all-star good type, if he's not willing to take a discount for the sake of the team, then he's gotta go, not worth the max. JMO of course.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#109 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:59 am

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Harris is the good, but not all-star good type, if he's not willing to take a discount for the sake of the team, then he's gotta go, not worth the max. JMO of course.

Er his stats are most certainly all-star level, so please miss me with that bs. He had one poor game after being very good in the previous two. Ball players are HUMANS, not robots.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,237

Post#110 » by Kobblehead » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:01 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Harris is the good, but not all-star good type, if he's not willing to take a discount for the sake of the team, then he's gotta go, not worth the max. JMO of course.

If we held that standard, Jimmy and Tobias would walk this summer and Ben would follow the summer after that. Because Joel is the only MVP calibur superstar actually worth the max on our roster. We gotta make standards concessions. I just hope we roll with the guys that like each other and actually fit on the basketball court.

Tobias is the guy of the three I'd most want to max.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,248

Post#111 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 pm

At this point, either Philly retains their players which may not be the best value or they save money and sign cheaper/inferior players because of you know... the salary cap.

The major players for Philly don't know each other yet, talent yes and that can get you pretty far, but knowing how to play off each other will help greatly. Even at this point Butler still isn't integrated very well in the offense, it's something they'll have to scheme better once the offseason comes (depending on who is resigned).
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,951

Post#112 » by Foshan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:46 am

Could Harris play (defensively) the 3 in a Simmons/Butler/Harris/BOlden/Embiid line up?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#113 » by youngcrev » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:00 am

Foshan wrote:Could Harris play (defensively) the 3 in a Simmons/Butler/Harris/BOlden/Embiid line up?

Sure. Could go Mike Scott in that spot too.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,951

Post#114 » by Foshan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 am

youngcrev wrote:
Foshan wrote:Could Harris play (defensively) the 3 in a Simmons/Butler/Harris/BOlden/Embiid line up?

YEah, I was mainly thinking for the weakside shot blocking. It just amazes me that Embiid has stated several times how he enjoys playing now with a PF who is a strong defender (Noel/Bolden) and we don’t try it more. Seems like boldens game offensively is suited to make it work more than Noel’s was.

It also allows us to run JJ off the bench for some scoring bunch (with less being picked on by starting offenses as the weakness link). Seems win win if Harris can still excel as more 3 than 4
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#115 » by youngcrev » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:53 am

Foshan wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

YEah, I was mainly thinking for the weakside shot blocking. It just amazes me that Embiid has stated several times how he enjoys playing now with a PF who is a strong defender (Noel/Bolden) and we don’t try it more. Seems like boldens game offensively is suited to make it work more than Noel’s was.

It also allows us to run JJ off the bench for some scoring bunch (with less being picked on by starting offenses as the weakness link). Seems win win if Harris can still excel as more 3 than 4

Ah, thought you were just looking for an option of a more switchable lineup. I'm sure Jo appreciates the help on the back end, but I'm also sure he enjoys the spacing JJ provides for him.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#116 » by BB_Fan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:59 am

They should have traded for Patrick beverly instead of Boban. We need a defender who can defend Kyrie, Kyle,Bledsoe. The team is not going to get past second round if it meets celtics\Bucks. Our best bet for road to finals is against Toronto in second round.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,847

Post#117 » by 76ciology » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:23 am

BB_Fan wrote:They should have traded for Patrick beverly instead of Boban. We need a defender who can defend Kyrie, Kyle,Bledsoe. The team is not going to get past second round if it meets celtics\Bucks. Our best bet for road to finals is against Toronto in second round.

I value Boban than Beverly. Defense has been the biggest problem of this team. And the defense with Biid off court is the main problem. Pat Beverly’s is really not likely gonna solve that than Boban.

Pat Beverly isnt gonna stop Kyle or Kyrie. It takes a team effort. Just as how Celts defends Embiid. And to stop Kyle or Kyrie, it starts with Embiid more willing to step out to challenge a 1-5 PnR with the entire team rotating and helping each other out.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#118 » by BB_Fan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:11 am

76ciology wrote:
BB_Fan wrote:They should have traded for Patrick beverly instead of Boban. We need a defender who can defend Kyrie, Kyle,Bledsoe. The team is not going to get past second round if it meets celtics\Bucks. Our best bet for road to finals is against Toronto in second round.

I value Boban than Beverly. Defense has been the biggest problem of this team. And the defense with Biid off court is the main problem. Pat Beverly’s is really not likely gonna solve that than Boban.

Pat Beverly isnt gonna stop Kyle or Kyrie. It takes a team effort. Just as how Celts defends Embiid. And to stop Kyle or Kyrie, it starts with Embiid more willing to step out to challenge a 1-5 PnR with the entire team rotating and helping each other out.

There is a buyout market for centers with Marcin, Robin Lopez. I don't think TJ Mcconell is good defensively and you have no one who can defend Kyrie/Kyle/Bledsoe. Even with Harris we could not defeat celtics at home without kyrie. How are you going to defeat
Celtics four times. You need someone among the big four to step up big and I don't think Embiid or Simmons are capable. Butler has to take over the game like LeBron did last year.

We still don't have a good backup point guard and we traded Markelle for another small forward.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,847

Post#119 » by 76ciology » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:00 pm

BB_Fan wrote:
76ciology wrote:

There is a buyout market for centers with Marcin, Robin Lopez. I don't think TJ Mcconell is good defensively and you have no one who can defend Kyrie/Kyle/Bledsoe. Even with Harris we could not defeat celtics at home without kyrie. How are you going to defeat
Celtics four times. You need someone among the big four to step up big and I don't think Embiid or Simmons are capable. Butler has to take over the game like LeBron did last year.

We still don't have a good backup point guard and we traded Markelle for another small forward.

Jimmy Butler or Ben can defend PGs.

At some point the PG position will be full time played by Jimmy and Ben.

Try to watch OKC-Sixers game see how Ben was so effective defending RW. Jimmy can also defend star PGs, problem is Biid doesnt step out on 1-5 PnR. This is also why spencer dinwiddie had a career night against us.

Believe me.. boban’s defense is elite and is overlooked. If we can use boban effectively, that would unlock our defensive upside.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#120 » by Chris76 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:17 pm

76ciology wrote:
BB_Fan wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Jimmy Butler or Ben can defend PGs.

At some point the PG position will be full time played by Jimmy and Ben.

Try to watch OKC-Sixers game see how Ben was so effective defending RW. Jimmy can also defend star PGs, problem is Biid doesnt step out on 1-5 PnR. This is also why spencer dinwiddie had a career night against us.

Believe me.. boban’s defense is elite and is overlooked. If we can use boban effectively, that would unlock our defensive upside.

I agree that Embiid has to help in P-n-Rs. He does at end of games and he is good at it. Bolden as a secondary rim protector allows Embiid to leave the paint.

However, replacing Redick with Bolden seems unproductive with Redick's shooting. But against Boston, Bolden could be a very good option. Instead of Morris defending Simmons, now Morris has to defend Bolden.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers