ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1021 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:40 pm

I don't think they bring him back unless they absolutely need him. As in desperate measures call for desperate actions. Call me insane, but I personally think we can beat Atlanta without him in a seven games series. I think the team will wait and see how things go in the second round...Provided we can finish the Bullets tonight.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,374

Post#1022 » by Arsenal » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:42 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I don't think they bring him back unless they absolutely need him. As in desperate measures call for desperate actions. Call me insane, but I personally think we can beat Atlanta without him in a seven games series. I think the team will wait and see how things go in the second round...Provided we can finish the Bullets tonight.

I agree with this. We wait and watch. If we're handling the Hawks, which I believe we will, they will not rush him.

If we lose homecourt to the Hawks, I believe that's when we'll see Embiid come back.

Otherwise not until the ECF.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#1023 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:44 pm

Arsenal wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I don't think they bring him back unless they absolutely need him. As in desperate measures call for desperate actions. Call me insane, but I personally think we can beat Atlanta without him in a seven games series. I think the team will wait and see how things go in the second round...Provided we can finish the Bullets tonight.

I agree with this. We wait and watch. If we're handling the Hawks, which I believe we will, they will not rush him.

If we lose homecourt to the Hawks, I believe that's when we'll see Embiid come back.

I don't think we'll handle the Hawks. Without Embiid, Capela is going to feast on the boards. They have such good shooting with Trey, Hunter, and Bogdanovic, and then add Collins and Gallo on top of that as good players with Gallo being a great shooter and I think we'll need Jo.

We may win one game, but to win the series Jo will be necessary.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1024 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Interesting.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,374

Post#1025 » by Arsenal » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:55 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

I don't think we'll handle the Hawks. Without Embiid, Capela is going to feast on the boards. They have such good shooting with Trey, Hunter, and Bogdanovic, and then add Collins and Gallo on top of that as good players with Gallo being a great shooter and I think we'll need Jo.

We'll see. In terms of approach we agree. They hold him out until we lose homecourt against the Hawks. If we handle business, he sits until the ECF.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#1026 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:56 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

I personally don't think Embiid will be coming back. The wait and see approach is definitely an option, but I don't want another catastrophe like the one the Warriors dealt with two years ago with Durant. In hindsight, it was absolutely the wrong choice to let him play.
In my mind, Embiid is done. Hopefully he learns his lesson because this story is getting old. Starting to feel like Groundhog Day around here. If we can somehow survive the Hawks without him, then maybe he comes back and tries to give it a go against Brooklyn/Milwaukee, but I doubt it. One thing is certain. The team has nothing to lose at this point. go out and play loose, play fast, let Ben take the reigns and see what happens.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,466

Post#1027 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:57 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting.

If it was a new tear he'll not be a day to day.

It's fair to asume that the tear is old and on a place that allows him to come back eventually. This doesn't take away the risk of playing with it.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,956

Post#1028 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:14 pm

Not having a 3rd center is gonna be a problem now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1029 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:17 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

I personally don't think Embiid will be coming back. The wait and see approach is definitely an option, but I don't want another catastrophe like the one the Warriors dealt with two years ago with Durant. In hindsight, it was absolutely the wrong choice to let him play.
In my mind, Embiid is done. Hopefully he learns his lesson because this story is getting old. Starting to feel like Groundhog Day around here. If we can somehow survive the Hawks without him, then maybe he comes back and tries to give it a go against Brooklyn/Milwaukee, but I doubt it. One thing is certain. The team has nothing to lose at this point. go out and play loose, play fast, let Ben take the reigns and see what happens.
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#1030 » by downtownpie » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:20 pm

Surgeon will know if its new or old. They'll also have mri to compare against.

The arthritis clock is ticking and for such a huge man he is on borrowed time.

Time to make a big deal in the off season or blow it up.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#1031 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:21 pm

Guys, we need some perspective. Nobody is winning against Nets, there is zero reason to risk Embiid's future, because yes, this could go really wrong and end his career if we rush him.
Nothing can be done, the Nets pulled a GSW 2.0 and killed the competitive landscape, just sit and enjoy the **** show.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1032 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:22 pm

downtownpie wrote:Surgeon will know if its new or old. They'll also have mri to compare against.

Lol fawk off

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#1033 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:23 pm

downtownpie wrote:Surgeon will know if its new or old. They'll also have mri to compare against.

Agree, but if we trade Simmons, what is the player you want in return?
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#1034 » by downtownpie » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:25 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:

Agree, but if we trade Simmons, what is the player you want in return?

I'd be trading both. Neither are winning a championship for different reasons.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#1035 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:31 pm

lol
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#1036 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:34 pm

Read on Twitter

:D :D
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#1037 » by the_process » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:37 pm

Embiid P wrote:Maybe I'm overreacting but I sense a complete rebuild in the offseason now including an Embiid and Simmons trade.

It might be better at this point honestly. Groundhog Day is no way to go out.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#1038 » by youngcrev » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:40 pm

the_process wrote:
Embiid P wrote:Maybe I'm overreacting but I sense a complete rebuild in the offseason now including an Embiid and Simmons trade.

It might be better at this point honestly. Groundhog Day is no way to go out.

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#1039 » by the_process » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:41 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Do you know why Woj is on ESPN selling that crap?

The Sixers REALLY like selling people false hope. Whatever it takes to get a sellout.
blazehound
Rookie
And1: 44

Post#1040 » by blazehound » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:44 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:D :D

Wow. That’s surprising.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers