Post#1161 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:36 am

I'd offer up Jimmy for Tobias Harris
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,994

Re: Welcome Jimmy Butler 

Post#1162 » by cool93 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:21 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:I'd offer up Jimmy for Tobias Harris

That's just terrible. Harris isn't good enough to be paid 20+ mln and he'll likely want a max.
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#1163 » by NBA Moses » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:30 pm

Any Laker trade for Jimmy Butler I would want back Josh Hart who is statistically one of the best defensive guards in the nba, hes Iguodala like, he steps in and takes some of Butlers minutes. Zubac would be a solid backup at center. Kuzma say what you want about him but hes averaging almost 20 pts a game and would be a huge upgrade at the 4 compared to Muscalas 7 pts.

Butler for Kuzma,Hart,Zubac is a solid trade for the Sixers.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#1164 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Just to be clear.

You just got Jimmy, and you are already thinking about trading him?
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,819

Post#1165 » by kriss73 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:55 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Just to be clear.

Only in this thread.
You'll read about a Biid's trade if you go in his own thread and about a Simmons' trade if you walk into the Simmons's thread.
And in the Fultz's thread? Ca va sans dir.

Instead, if you go in the trade deadline thread you'll read about all this trades alternately every one or two posts.

On the other side, Brett Brown isn't going to be traded anywhere: simply fired.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 6,041

Post#1166 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:57 pm

kriss73 wrote:

Only in this thread.
You'll read about a Biid's trade if you go in his own thread and about a Simmons' trade if you walk into the Simmons's thread.

Instead, if you go in the trade deadline thread you'll read about all this trades alternately every one or two posts.

I never wanted Jimmy I thought we paid pennies on the dollar so I was fine with the move.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#1167 » by mplsfonz23 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:03 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
kriss73 wrote:

Only in this thread.

I never wanted Jimmy I thought we paid pennies on the dollar so I was fine with the move.

I didn't either, but we still don't know if ours paid off. Dunn/LaVine/ possibly Lauri, for Roco, Saric and Bayless.
Bayless is likely to bolt this summer, but he's helping us in the short term.
I think Thibs as GM might have set us back further than Kahn. And that's saying a lot.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 6,041

Post#1168 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:25 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
kriss73 wrote:
Only in this thread.

I didn't either, but we still don't know if ours paid off. Dunn/LaVine/ possibly Lauri, for Roco, Saric and Bayless.
Bayless is likely to bolt this summer, but he's helping us in the short term.
I think Thibs as GM might have set us back further than Kahn. And that's saying a lot.

Yeah sorry I didn't notice the wolves pic on the profile since you were quoted wasn't trying to rub it in. Just I don't think Jimmy fits what this team needs from the Wing-Guard position but since he wasn't cost prohibitive I was fine with the move.

If we can somehow turn Butler into AD we should do it.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#1169 » by kio80 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:28 pm

NBA Moses wrote:Any Laker trade for Jimmy Butler I would want back Josh Hart who is statistically one of the best defensive guards in the nba, hes Iguodala like, he steps in and takes some of Butlers minutes. Zubac would be a solid backup at center. Kuzma say what you want about him but hes averaging almost 20 pts a game and would be a huge upgrade at the 4 compared to Muscalas 7 pts.

Solid trade for sixers? That would be a dream come true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,956

Post#1170 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:39 pm

kio80 wrote:
NBA Moses wrote:Any Laker trade for Jimmy Butler I would want back Josh Hart who is statistically one of the best defensive guards in the nba, hes Iguodala like, he steps in and takes some of Butlers minutes. Zubac would be a solid backup at center. Kuzma say what you want about him but hes averaging almost 20 pts a game and would be a huge upgrade at the 4 compared to Muscalas 7 pts.

This thinking is ludicrous. Kuzma, Hart and Zubac are NOT needle movers. You can easily find the same production in FA. Stars effect games. Those players do not. Do you see any of those players making clutch end of game plays? No? Thank god none of you guys are GMs.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,819

Post#1171 » by kriss73 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:20 pm

Maybe I'm a minority here, but I'd love to see Butler succeed with our team, to start meshing well with Ben e JoJo as the season goes by.
I think he has the right character to win and to stick with our boys.
I root for him and for the Sixers, because the Cov and Dario sacrifice won't be void. I want to be patient and see if our big three can reach a fine level of comfort each other.
I think they have barely scratch the surface of their potential together.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
kio80
Sixth Man

Post#1172 » by kio80 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:17 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
kio80 wrote:

This thinking is ludicrous. Kuzma, Hart and Zubac are NOT needle movers. You can easily find the same production in FA. Stars effect games. Those players do not. Do you see any of those players making clutch end of game plays? No? Thank god none of you guys are GMs.

Plz suggest players in the FA who can make clutch end of game plays, let alone the mentioned players from Lakers? Mr “GM”

XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#1173 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:20 am

kio80 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
kio80 wrote:

Plz suggest players in the FA who can make clutch end of game plays, let alone the mentioned players from Lakers? Mr “GM”

What are you even talking about?? There is none. That is exactly my point. That is why star players are so coveted around the league. Jimmy Butler is worth more than 15 role players because of his impact on a game. Were the Nuggets better when they traded Melo for a bunch of guys? Were the Magic better when they traded Dwight for a bunch of guys? Are the Wolves better now? The answer to all of those is NO. So why the **** does everyone wanna pawn Jimmy off for a bunch of mid level guys that are completely replaceable??

But guess what? We have been perfectly fine without RoCo and Saric, even when Butler hasnt played.. Because those guys are replaceable.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
kio80
Sixth Man

Post#1174 » by kio80 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:24 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
kio80 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:

What are you even talking about?? There is none. That is exactly my point. That is why star players are so coveted around the league. Jimmy Butler is worth more than 15 role players because of his impact on a game. Were the Nuggets better when they traded Melo for a bunch of guys? Were the Magic better when they traded Dwight for a bunch of guys? Are the Wolves better now? The answer to all of those is NO. So why the **** does everyone wanna pawn Jimmy off for a bunch of mid level guys that are completely replaceable??

Because jimmy is gonna want a max and there is no way 6ers is gonna offer him that, and he’s gonna walk.

Hart, zubac and kuzma can compliment the team much better than butler. I do not think those guys are easily replaceable at all, have you been watching them play?
As good as jimmy is, he is still not the best locker room guy, and I don’t think he fits in with the team very well.

kio80
Sixth Man

Post#1175 » by kio80 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:25 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
kio80 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:

But guess what? We have been perfectly fine without RoCo and Saric, even when Butler hasnt played.. Because those guys are replaceable.

And like you said, they are playing fine even without Butler, doesn’t that mean he’s also very replaceable? Building from your logic

XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#1176 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:26 am

kio80 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
kio80 wrote:

Because jimmy is gonna want a max and there is no way 6ers is gonna offer him that, and he’s gonna walk.

Hart, zubac and kuzma can compliment the team much better than butler. I do not think those guys are easily replaceable at all, have you been watching them play?
As good as jimmy is, he is still not the best locker room guy, and I don’t think he fits in with the team very well.

And you know this as fact? In January? how about you give it more than a couple months before you make claims in absolutes. And yes I have watched them. There is nothing special about any of them.
10/27/16
kio80
Sixth Man

Post#1177 » by kio80 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
kio80 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:

And you know this as fact? In January? how about you give it more than a couple months before you make claims in absolutes. And yes I have watched them. There is nothing special about any of them.

Fact? Every single posts here are speculation,

Man, you gotta chill

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,884

Post#1178 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:36 am

Jimmy is going to get the max. You'll change your mind once we start showing our muscles in the play-offs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,954

Post#1179 » by Foshan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:53 am

76ciology wrote:Jimmy is going to get the max. You'll change your mind once we start showing our muscles in the play-offs.

I agree that Butler was a playoff move not a regular season move. So we won't really know if he *fits* and if we want to keep him around until he makes his mark (or not) in a playoff series. Here's to hoping he makes his money (and our success!) :)
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#1180 » by thenbaman » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:44 am

Butler is way better than any of the guys your talking about,WOW

Return to Philadelphia 76ers