Welcome Josh Richardson

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,843

Re: Welcome Josh Richardson 

Post#121 » by phillynative » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:23 pm

agiaco wrote:
phillynative wrote:He was splashing from every where last nite and played like he had something to prove. That shot is ugly though, I just hope he starts to find his grove and his spots in the flow of the offense. We need him to be a consistent scoring threat because AL and Ben wont.

Ugly or not he shoots well. Shawn Marion ring a bell? As long as a player can shoot and score I couldn't care less what his shot looks like.

Cool.
I would say kevin martin is a better comparison and kevin was one of the best shooters in the league at one point
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,903

Post#122 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 7, 2020 2:29 am

Do you guys think that we have always wanted Josh Richardson? Like we did the Jimmy trade with a mindset of retaining Jimmy if we went to the finals but if not we will trade him for JRich? Because on paper, Jrich is a great fit for both Biid and Ben. He can run the two man game like JJ with Biid. Then he can also run it with Ben, we saw it with the Rox game. While he also can play defense.

Having Jimmy and JJ gives you a limited window. Maybe 3 years max.

Then if you look at how we were trying to build our team, we were really looking for a guard who can compliment Simmons’ flaws thats why we paid a hefty price for Fultz. Other notable guys were TLC and Zhaire.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,296

Post#123 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jan 8, 2020 8:16 pm

Not to me. I think what we always wanted is a tier above Josh Richardson. I think Josh is just the SG/SF version of what Robert was at the SF/PF position. Which is an ideal 4th or 5th starter. Just not quite the pie in the sky guy that can go on the ball and dominate.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#124 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 8:27 pm

Josh Richardson is crucial for this team.

Horford, Zhiare and assets should get us the markelle guard we covet. Trading J Rich is a step back . His versatility and defense is crucial . He is a better player than Roco.

I think of it like this Tobias is a upgraded Saric and JRich is a upgraded Roco.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#125 » by 76ciology » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:48 am

He played like an allstar against the Celtics
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,890

Post#126 » by stormi » Sat Feb 8, 2020 5:56 pm

Although he's a great guard defender, I guess I'm not the biggest Rich fan because he feels like a tweener. He's not really a ballhandler but he can make plays off the dribble, he's not really a shooter but he shoots decent percentages, not really a passer but he can get assists. A great asset to get back in return for Jimmy and he's young enough with a great contract, but i'd prefer someone with a more concentrated skillset like Dinwiddie or Lavine
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#127 » by Kobblehead » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:12 pm

stormi wrote:Although he's a great guard defender, I guess I'm not the biggest Rich fan because he feels like a tweener. He's not really a ballhandler but he can make plays off the dribble, he's not really a shooter but he shoots decent percentages, not really a passer but he can get assists. A great asset to get back in return for Jimmy and he's young enough with a great contract, but i'd prefer someone with a more concentrated skillset like Dinwiddie or Lavine

Honestly, I feel his defense is kinda trash. He's always been more of a team defender than a point of attack guy. And as his offensive volume has gone up, his defense has become garbage.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,890

Post#128 » by stormi » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:25 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
stormi wrote:Although he's a great guard defender, I guess I'm not the biggest Rich fan because he feels like a tweener. He's not really a ballhandler but he can make plays off the dribble, he's not really a shooter but he shoots decent percentages, not really a passer but he can get assists. A great asset to get back in return for Jimmy and he's young enough with a great contract, but i'd prefer someone with a more concentrated skillset like Dinwiddie or Lavine

Honestly, I feel his defense is kinda trash. He's always been more of a team defender than a point of attack guy. And as his offensive volume has gone up, his defense has become garbage.

Maybe we could pluck a guard from OKC this summer.

Richardson for Schroder
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,843

Post#129 » by phillynative » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:26 pm

I like jrich, he's a 2 way player with great value. I think we hold on to him untill its time to pay. He also adds a competitive attitude that this team obviously lacks.

I dont want him on the ball as much, I see him as 3 even though he had the size of a shooting or combo guard. When he get back in the starting lineup. I think he should be paired up with shake milton.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#130 » by smittybanton » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:43 pm

based on how we've played since, i imagine josh lined everybody up and told them the truth about each of their offensive flaws, and that furkan was the hardest to guard on the team without a doubt. "in practice i got each one of yall on lock and errybody know. you are clumsy. you cant shoot. you aint quick. you old. furk is nice, stop frontin'." lmao.
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 557

Post#131 » by sodmoraes » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

Yeah, i was expecting way more of him. I would try to trade him and other players for lavine in the offseason.
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#132 » by rzzzzz » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:49 pm

76ciology wrote: Jrich is a great fit for both Biid and Ben. He can run the two man game like JJ with Biid. Then he can also run it with Ben, we saw it with the Rox game. While he also can play defense. .

I know that Richardson is talked about as someone who retains value and doesn't have the toxic contract, so may be the best asset to dangle for much needed perimeter help. but, obviously, we originally had some hope for this guy based on what he was doing in Miami. has he proven to be an ill-fit for us at best, and maybe never was really that good? or is he yet another talented guy who deserves some reevaluation under a more old school scheme, before we hasten to move him along?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#133 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 1, 2020 5:09 am

rzzzzz wrote:
76ciology wrote: Jrich is a great fit for both Biid and Ben. He can run the two man game like JJ with Biid. Then he can also run it with Ben, we saw it with the Rox game. While he also can play defense. .

I know that Richardson is talked about as someone who retains value and doesn't have the toxic contract, so may be the best asset to dangle for much needed perimeter help. but, obviously, we originally had some hope for this guy based on what he was doing in Miami. has he proven to be an ill-fit for us at best, and maybe never was really that good? or is he yet another talented guy who deserves some reevaluation under a more old school scheme, before we hasten to move him along?

Most of the fit issue with “non-Biid and Ben” players are really about Biid and Ben not being that good that they have to rely more from other guys.

Like.. i think Josh Rich would be a good fit with Gasol and Siakam or Giannis and Brolo or Ad and LeBron and etc.

You think about all the complains on Al and Tobi. For some teams like the Bobcats, Knicks or Magic or Grizzlies and etc., al and tobi are already their franchise cornerstones :lol:

Anyway, i think Jrich has value and his performance during the playoffs improved his value. And I also think Jrich has value in Doc and Morey’s eye because if you listen to their interviews or see how they operate, they like guys like Lou Will or Aaron Brooks. The guy who can get you “high variance” plays during the playoffs.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#134 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 1, 2020 4:39 pm

Trade him.

He's regressed. Beefed up his production and lost everything that made him useful those first couple of years in Miami. Besides, he was bad for the lockerroom with his whole "things are done so much better in Miami" sentiment and trashing Brett Brown on the way out after he was fired.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,063

Post#135 » by Stanford » Sun Nov 1, 2020 5:17 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Trade him.

He's regressed. Beefed up his production and lost everything that made him useful those first couple of years in Miami. Besides, he was bad for the lockerroom with his whole "things are done so much better in Miami" sentiment and trashing Brett Brown on the way out after he was fired.

Does he have any trade value? He seems like a throw-in in a Horford deal.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#136 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 1, 2020 5:23 pm

I would assume so. He has the production, an easy to assimilate contract, and the reputation of playing on both ends of the floor. I actually think the perception of Josh Richardson far exceeds the reality of him. Which makes it a perfect time to move him.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,881

Post#137 » by the_process » Mon Nov 2, 2020 5:34 am

Richardson is a lot of the value needed to move Horford. Which works out as he’s certainly expendable. He’s slightly overrated (more valuable to another team than to the Sixers) and Harris/Blitzer aren’t going to agree to a 175M payroll (in a COVID economy nonetheless) to re-sign him after next year anyway.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#138 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 2, 2020 6:01 am

I just hope Biid won’t go in a tantrums again if we trade JRich, which is reported to be probably the guy he’s closest with in this team.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,881

Post#139 » by the_process » Tue Nov 3, 2020 3:32 am

76ciology wrote:I just hope Biid won’t go in a tantrums again if we trade JRich, which is reported to be probably the guy he’s closest with in this team.

Morey went out of his way to mention Jo as the most important player on the team today. If they make moves that help him, he will be on board.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,629

Post#140 » by youngcrev » Tue Nov 3, 2020 12:16 pm

76ciology wrote:I just hope Biid won’t go in a tantrums again if we trade JRich, which is reported to be probably the guy he’s closest with in this team.

Being close with Jo has been a death sentence on this team. I'm guessing he's used to it by now.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers