ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 505

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1381 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:55 am

Covi_Marsh wrote:Idk guys. I like the ideas but the players scare me. Andrew Wiggins got paid and regressed back to Timberwolves Wiggins. Idk if it’s personal issues affecting him but 1 good season albeit they won a championship seems like the outlier for him.

John Collins is praised because the good playoff series he had vs us. Against Tobias Harris. We all know Tobias can’t handle players same size as him. Hawks been wanting to trade him for the longest. He doesn’t shoot 3s at high volume and can’t dribble. He would help with weakside shot blocking and rebounding tho. Utah wants out of that 26 mil contract. Would give him away for free.

DeAndre Hunter is an injury prone wing. Can’t create his own shot and has above average defense. Probably has missed more games than PG over the last 2-3 seasons.

There’s risk in guys like Hunter and Collins for sure…but you only take that risk by giving up minimal value. Obviously they will take up salary cap space, but with pretty much nothing available in free agency it kinda just is what it is unless Morey really has something up his sleeve.

Kuzma would also be a nice addition, but not sure the Wiz are going to give him up for “minimal value.”
And I’ll throw Cam Johnson out there too. He at least specializes in 1 area.

The stretch 4 we need is a guy that about 20 other teams are looking for so it’s not going to be easy.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,901

Post#1382 » by the_process » Thu May 23, 2024 12:37 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
Covi_Marsh wrote:Idk guys. I like the ideas but the players scare me. Andrew Wiggins got paid and regressed back to Timberwolves Wiggins. Idk if it’s personal issues affecting him but 1 good season albeit they won a championship seems like the outlier for him.

John Collins is praised because the good playoff series he had vs us. Against Tobias Harris. We all know Tobias can’t handle players same size as him. Hawks been wanting to trade him for the longest. He doesn’t shoot 3s at high volume and can’t dribble. He would help with weakside shot blocking and rebounding tho. Utah wants out of that 26 mil contract. Would give him away for free.

DeAndre Hunter is an injury prone wing. Can’t create his own shot and has above average defense. Probably has missed more games than PG over the last 2-3 seasons.

There’s risk in guys like Hunter and Collins for sure…but you only take that risk by giving up minimal value. Obviously they will take up salary cap space, but with pretty much nothing available in free agency it kinda just is what it is unless Morey really has something up his sleeve.

Kuzma would also be a nice addition, but not sure the Wiz are going to give him up for “minimal value.”

The stretch 4 we need is a guy that about 20 other teams are looking for so it’s not going to be easy.

Wizards wanted two 1sts for Kuzma at the deadline apparently. Which is why Dallas supposedly pivoted to PJ Washington at the last minute.

Speaking of: Harris and a 1st for PJ and Gordon would've a been nice deal to make, Morey. And based on what trades Charlotte actually did make at the deadline, it's not far fetched at all to say he could've gotten a very similar deal to that done.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer

Post#1383 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:20 pm

the_process wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

Wizards wanted two 1sts for Kuzma at the deadline apparently. Which is why Dallas supposedly pivoted to PJ Washington at the last minute.

Speaking of: Harris and a 1st for PJ and Gordon would've a been nice deal to make, Morey. And based on what trades Charlotte actually did make at the deadline, it's not far fetched at all to say he could've gotten a very similar deal to that done.

I don’t know what the price was, but Kuzma killed that trade himself by deciding he didn’t want to go to Dallas. Who knows, maybe there was something going on his life, but a little concerning for a player to decide he wants to stay on a terrible team instead of going to a contender.

But yeah, that Hornets trade would have been ideal.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,290

Post#1384 » by mjkvol » Thu May 23, 2024 2:26 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:There’s risk in guys like Hunter and Collins for sure…but you only take that risk by giving up minimal value. Obviously they will take up salary cap space, but with pretty much nothing available in free agency it kinda just is what it is unless Morey really has something up his sleeve.

Not to beat a dead horse, but what Morey hopefully has up his sleeve is the idea that teams will need to shed payroll with the new cap rules taking effect, and the "nothing available" that we see today is likely to change drastically by the draft, this summer, and towards next season's trade deadline.

Shooting our wad early out of some sort of desperation might prove fatal. That is exactly what I would have expected from the previous regimes we have had here post-Hinkie, but I'm expecting better from Morey. Hopefully those expectations will be validated.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,952

Post#1385 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2024 3:46 pm

Blazers:
$29M Cap Relief
OKC 2016 1st round pick

Warriors:
$26M Cap Relief
2nd round pick

Sixers drafts Kyle Filipowski with the 16th overall pick

Tyrese Maxey
Andrew Wiggins
Jerami Grant
Kyle Filipowski
Joel Embiid
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer

Post#1386 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu May 23, 2024 3:52 pm

mjkvol wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:There’s risk in guys like Hunter and Collins for sure…but you only take that risk by giving up minimal value. Obviously they will take up salary cap space, but with pretty much nothing available in free agency it kinda just is what it is unless Morey really has something up his sleeve.

Not to beat a dead horse, but what Morey hopefully has up his sleeve is the idea that teams will need to shed payroll with the new cap rules taking effect, and the "nothing available" that we see today is likely to change drastically by the draft, this summer, and towards next season's trade deadline.

Shooting our wad early out of some sort of desperation might prove fatal. That is exactly what I would have expected from the previous regimes we have had here post-Hinkie, but I'm expecting better from Morey. Hopefully those expectations will be validated.

Maybe…but also hard to see good, difference making players dumped for salary cap purposes. Players will get dumped for sure, but better than the Collins/Hunter’s of the world? We shall see I guess
Also would suck to see another year wasted with a 1/2 ass roster because we are waiting for the perfect pieces to fall into our laps
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1387 » by mjkvol » Thu May 23, 2024 4:15 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Maybe…but also hard to see good, difference making players dumped for salary cap purposes. Players will get dumped for sure, but better than the Collins/Hunter’s of the world? We shall see I guess
Also would suck to see another year wasted with a 1/2 ass roster because we are waiting for the perfect pieces to fall into our laps

It's hidden gems I'm hoping to see. Not necessarily guys already established as difference makers, who I agree will not likely be available, but those Aaron Gordon types - young players who might not have panned out in their current spots but still have a ton of talent.

I'm going off the idea that we already have our two horses and are looking for complimentary pieces, not another 'lead horse'. If Embiid and Maxey are not the guys we're going to build around, then I'd rather the whole thing just get torn down right now.

Both Collins and/or Hunter could be guys that fit that description, and at the right price I wouldn't necessarily object to either one, especially Hunter. No acquisition is going to be 'perfect', but it makes no sense to rush into moves when we have until the deadline to get a team together for the playoffs.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1388 » by the_process » Thu May 23, 2024 7:00 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

They might not get a choice. And once Maxey gets paid the opportunity is gone.

Morey is a gambler, and he's gambling big here.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer

Post#1389 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:01 pm

mjkvol wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

It's hidden gems I'm hoping to see. Not necessarily guys already established as difference makers, who I agree will not likely be available, but those Aaron Gordon types - young players who might not have panned out in their current spots but still have a ton of talent.

I'm going off the idea that we already have our two horses and are looking for complimentary pieces, not another 'lead horse'. If Embiid and Maxey are not the guys we're going to build around, then I'd rather the whole thing just get torn down right now.

Both Collins and/or Hunter could be guys that fit that description, and at the right price I wouldn't necessarily object to either one, especially Hunter. No acquisition is going to be 'perfect', but it makes no sense to rush into moves when we have until the deadline to get a team together for the playoffs.

Yeah we’re on the same page…you’re just a little more patient/optimistic than me lol. I wish I had faith Morey was going to look far and wide for the right depth pieces.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer

Post#1390 » by PhillyFan11 » Fri May 24, 2024 1:20 am

My anti star-hunting plan. AKA Morey’s worst nightmare

Paul Reed, ‘26 OKC 1st, and ‘24 2nd to Washington for Corey Kispert and Marvin Bagley

#16 to Memphis for Santi Aldama and John Conchar

Sign: Saddiq Bey(RFA, out offer cash strapped Hawks), Talen Horton-Tucker, and Naji Marshall (all multi year deals)

Exception: Oubre

Vet mins: Lowry, Marcus Morris and Bismack Biyombo

Maxey/Lowry/Conchar
Oubre/Horton-Tucker/Council
Bey/Kispert
Aldama/Marshall/Morris
Embiid/Bagley/Biyombo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1391 » by 76ciology » Fri May 24, 2024 4:05 am

Blazers:
$29M Cap Relief
OKC 2016 1st round pick
Future 2nd rounder

Jazz:
$26M Cap Relief
John Collins

Sixers drafts Devin Carter with the 16th overall pick

Tyrese Maxey
Devin Carter
Jerami Grant
John Collins
Joel Embiid

Devin Carter - Grant - Smith can just fly up and down the court and shoot the ball. Grant or John Collins can be that 3rd option to play 2 man with Maxey
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1392 » by the_process » Fri May 24, 2024 5:11 am

CLE gets Daniels, Ingram, and 25 LAL 1st
NOP gets Allen and Garland
PHI gets Collins and LeVert
UTA gets McCollum and Reed
the_process
RealGM

Post#1393 » by the_process » Fri May 24, 2024 5:37 am

16, 41, 2026 OKC 1st, and 2029 PHI 1st w/LAC swap rights to POR for Brogdon, Grant, and 7
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1394 » by 76ciology » Fri May 24, 2024 6:10 am

the_process wrote:16, 41, 2026 OKC 1st, and 2029 PHI 1st w/LAC swap rights to POR for Brogdon, Grant, and 7

I wouldnt want to trade up in this draft. We’re at the perfect sweet spot at 16th.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1395 » by mjkvol » Fri May 24, 2024 11:01 am

76ciology wrote:Blazers:
$29M Cap Relief
OKC 2016 1st round pick
Future 2nd rounder

Jazz:
$26M Cap Relief
John Collins

Tyrese Maxey
Devin Carter
Jerami Grant
John Collins
Joel Embiid

Devin Carter - Grant - Smith can just fly up and down the court and shoot the ball. Grant or John Collins can be that 3rd option to play 2 man with Maxey

Carter's stock took off after the combine. I'm not sure he'll make it out of the top 10 picks.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1396 » by the_process » Fri May 24, 2024 12:46 pm

76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:16, 41, 2026 OKC 1st, and 2029 PHI 1st w/LAC swap rights to POR for Brogdon, Grant, and 7

I wouldnt want to trade up in this draft. We’re at the perfect sweet spot at 16th.

I agree Morey wouldn't care about moving up.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1397 » by 76ciology » Fri May 24, 2024 1:14 pm

mjkvol wrote:
$29M Cap Relief
OKC 2016 1st round pick
Future 2nd rounder

Jazz:
$26M Cap Relief
John Collins

Tyrese Maxey
Devin Carter
Jerami Grant
John Collins
Joel Embiid

Carter's stock took off after the combine. I'm not sure he'll make it out of the top 10 picks.

The lottery has a lot of lottery-caliber talent at the guard position. Most of the lottery teams already have their guard positions filled by franchise players. Those who haven’t would likely prefer to take a shot on players like Dillingham or Castle, wings like Jakobe or Cody or bigs like Flipinski or Edey.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 562

Post#1398 » by PhillyNj » Fri May 24, 2024 1:54 pm

$29M Cap Relief
OKC 2016 1st round pick

Warriors:
$26M Cap Relief
2nd round pick

Sixers drafts Kyle Filipowski with the 16th overall pick

Tyrese Maxey
Andrew Wiggins
Jerami Grant
Kyle Filipowski
Joel Embiid

Fast way to get a GM fired.
Total waste of 56 million in cap space. Sixers fans would go absolutely crazy!
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1399 » by 76ciology » Fri May 24, 2024 8:51 pm

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
$29M Cap Relief
OKC 2016 1st round pick
Future 2nd rounder

Jazz:
$26M Cap Relief
John Collins

Tyrese Maxey
Devin Carter
Jerami Grant
John Collins
Joel Embiid

The lottery has a lot of lottery-caliber talent at the guard position. Most of the lottery teams already have their guard positions filled by franchise players. Those who haven’t would likely prefer to take a shot on players like Dillingham or Castle, wings like Jakobe or Cody or bigs like Flipinski or Edey.

Mjkvol,

Givony has Devin Carter slotted at 13th with his latest mock. So you might be right there
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1400 » by mjkvol » Fri May 24, 2024 9:47 pm

76ciology wrote:
76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Mjkvol,

Givony has Devin Carter slotted at 13th with his latest mock. So you might be right there

I've seen him mocked as high as #9, but you make a good point about teams above us not needing a guard.

I'll say it again, my fear is that he'll be there at #16 after Morey trades the pick. The only way to make it worse is if Knecht dropped to 16 and we didn't have the pick.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers