Undecided
13%

Total votes: 83

VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Re: So do we Like Brett Brown? 

Post#161 » by VDT » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:37 pm

They were up like 10 points at that point so it kind of makes sense.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#162 » by rzzzzz » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:48 pm

i would have paid Jimmy to be player-coach, and given Monty a raise.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,405

Post#163 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:36 am

Brett is a good coach, I think the players and roster construction are the main problems. I actually think either Ben or Joel should be traded before we move on from Brett, surprisingly not the other way around. A new coach is not going to get Ben to shoot. A new coach is not going to improve Joel’s injury history. One of these guys need to be traded for an all star caliber perimeter player. I would settle for a player like Lavine at this point.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 432

Post#164 » by Zumramania » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:26 pm

76ciology wrote:Ben doesnt want to shoot because it will hurt his marketability. I dont know why you guys can’t recognize this.

Bring his FG% lower with a very bad FT% and very bad 3pt % while averaging just as many points as Norman Powell at 16ppg won’t help his value.

It is not a basketball decision.
It is a business decision. :lol:

Ben actually has one of the worst FT% in the league. I found it somewhere that, considering the 93 players who took a significant number of FTs this season, he is 91st out of those 93. The only two worse guys are RJ Barret and Andre Drummond. However, as he finally has a good shooting coach and is visiting a sports psychologist, I guess he's working on these things. I wouldn't say it is a business issue. The coaching staff could force him to shoot in games if they wanted to, they are not so powerless. They most likely think/they thought it would be counterproductive for him. Nobody likes being forced to do things they are not comfortable with and I'm not sure this is an effective method.
The only thing I don't understand is how they did they let him train with his brother and why didn't they make him work with a sports psychologist before?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,916

Post#165 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Zumramania wrote:
76ciology wrote:Ben doesnt want to shoot because it will hurt his marketability. I dont know why you guys can’t recognize this.

Bring his FG% lower with a very bad FT% and very bad 3pt % while averaging just as many points as Norman Powell at 16ppg won’t help his value.

It is not a basketball decision.
It is a business decision. :lol:

Ben actually has one of the worst FT% in the league. I found it somewhere that, considering the 93 players who took a significant number of FTs this season, he is 91st out of those 93. The only two worse guys are RJ Barret and Andre Drummond. However, as he finally has a good shooting coach and is visiting a sports psychologist, I guess he's working on these things. I wouldn't say it is a business issue. The coaching staff could force him to shoot in games if they wanted to, they are not so powerless. They most likely think/they thought it would be counterproductive for him. Nobody likes being forced to do things they are not comfortable with and I'm not sure this is an effective method.
The only thing I don't understand is how they did they let him train with his brother and why didn't they make him work with a sports psychologist before?

Yeah but just by looking at those FT% alone you can see that it’s very likely he won’t be a good shooter when he starts jacking up those 3s. It will hurt his reputation and the team.

But.. We’ll never know.

You could be right and I could be wrong.

For me it’s a business decision.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,208

Post#166 » by M2J » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:29 am

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2020/08/brett-brown-explains-his-preference-for-occupying-the-dunker-spot-on-post-ups-and-pick-and-rolls.html

On whether it makes sense to play 4 out around Joel.

Brown: zero. It doesn’t make me right, but this is my experience – I lived with Tim Duncan for five NBA finals, four of which we won, in 12 years with (Gregg Popovich). And I’m very privileged to have experienced the world of post players as it relates to spacing and schemes and how people came at him. One thing that resonates the most is that four on the perimeter is the easiest environment for defenses to double team a post player and have the ability to put out fires as a result. It’s too crowded. To occupy a low zone and space the court out more, interests me the most, for the reasons I just said.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,190

Post#167 » by Negrodamus » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:44 am

M2J wrote:https://www.crossingbroad.com/2020/08/brett-brown-explains-his-preference-for-occupying-the-dunker-spot-on-post-ups-and-pick-and-rolls.html

Brown: zero. It doesn’t make me right, but this is my experience – I lived with Tim Duncan for five NBA finals, four of which we won, in 12 years with (Gregg Popovich). And I’m very privileged to have experienced the world of post players as it relates to spacing and schemes and how people came at him. One thing that resonates the most is that four on the perimeter is the easiest environment for defenses to double team a post player and have the ability to put out fires as a result. It’s too crowded. To occupy a low zone and space the court out more, interests me the most, for the reasons I just said.

Not saying he's wrong, but Popovich had Tony Parker and Ginobili to create offense and take pressure off Duncan. We're currently (foolishly) hoping Shake, Burks, and JRich are able to provide something similar.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,208

Post#168 » by M2J » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:53 am

Negrodamus wrote:
M2J wrote:https://www.crossingbroad.com/2020/08/brett-brown-explains-his-preference-for-occupying-the-dunker-spot-on-post-ups-and-pick-and-rolls.html

Not saying he's wrong, but Popovich had Tony Parker and Ginobili to create offense and take pressure off Duncan. We're currently (foolishly) hoping Shake, Burks, and JRich are able to provide something similar.

Most importantly Tim Duncan is 20x the playmaker, decision maker, and passer Joel is. Joel really struggles playing in traffic. Like really struggles. He struggles with ball handling against even one physical defender, nevermind multiple defenders. Struggles with timing, struggles with passes to the interior and cross court passes.

But, whatever, I think they have enough floor spacing. I don't think they have enough quality interior passers.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,843

Post#169 » by phillynative » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:06 am

Brett is stuck in early 2000s bball . Him and elton need a reality check.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers