One more Move? (ESPN)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Re: One more Move? (ESPN) 

Post#21 » by The Guilty Party » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:15 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Hmm..I don't know about that philaphans site. I don't really think it's anything credible at all. In fact, I feel as though it is the opposite of credible.

This sounds completely and totally fantastical straight out of a poster's head and not from any credible NBA source.
geiger
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by geiger » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Given my druther's, I'd gladly trade Green for West, so long as West didn't get paid more or had a longer contract, and therein lies the issue. He wanted more than 5 years and $20 million. I would not give him a penny over 3 years and $11, which is a little more than what Green has left on his contract. So I don't see this happening, mainly because West thinks he can get more money.

And trading for West would be a precursor to an eventual Miller trade this season. If we don't move Miller, it makes more sense to keep Green than to trade for another combo guard, but one who is more of a PG than a SG. Right now, Green and Rush are the only pure SGs on our roster.

Also, why would the Cavs really want to do that? One would think that they would be better off letting West playing on a one year qualifying offer and letting him leave than taking on a 3 year contract of a deep reserve who likely would rarely get off the bench for them.

Ghostmno, why do you say it sounds like Sixers have interest in Theo Ratliff? Is this something you assume based on a bunch of posters on this board or because you saw or heard it somewhere credible?
geiger
Banned User

Post#23 » by geiger » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Answer to my own question I guess from today's Daily News -

"With second-year big man Jason Smith likely out for the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, an unsubstantiated report surfaced that the Sixers had reached out to former Sixers center/forward Theo Ratliff with an offer to play for the veterans' minimum. A source familiar with that situation said Ratliff had offers from other teams for more money, but that he was very interested in the Sixers."
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:57 pm

West for Green is hogwash

Ratliff or Magliore are possible center backups..those are the two we are talking to.

We may sign a third big to develop.....

Your team is pretty much assembled except for the above.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#25 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Huh...ok cool. Thanks SF.

Any idea now who we are targeting in next year's draft? Lolz j/k.

Appreciate the updates.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
joshman
Banned User

Post#26 » by joshman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:46 pm

i think it is theo ratliff
lackadaize
Sophomore

Post#27 » by lackadaize » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:52 pm

I would absolutely love to see ratliff return to the sixers in a back up role. I would also be a fan of green for west, but I find that scenario somewhat unlikely. With theo we would have such a solid front court though with decent depth.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#28 » by Skates » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:50 pm

I would not be very happy getting Magliore. He has been pretty useless for a while and seems to be just hanging around to collect a check. The guy went from semi-all-star to pile of turd in a pretty rapid time.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#29 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:04 pm

I'd take Magloire with the hope that he can bounce back. He's suffered from injuries and only 2 years ago averaged 6.5 a game.
geiger
Banned User

Post#30 » by geiger » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:28 am

I would be utterly shocked if Stefanski got suckered by Magloire for two seasons in a row. I think the performance Magloire gave in New Jersey was enough for Stef. In fact, I would be surprised if anyone signed Magloire at all before the season starts. He has looked so terrible and so out of shape, that I'm just not sure what the hell happened to that guy.
is1531
Banned User

Post#31 » by is1531 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Read the writing on the wall: Jamal Magloire is not wanted in Philadelphia. :D :) :lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers