ImageImageImage

Game 33: Bucks @ Sixers - 7 pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Re: Game 33: Bucks @ Sixers - 7 pm EST 

Post#201 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:42 am

I was at the game. Packed house, the Center was rocking.

Brett got the better of Budenholzer for a change. Giannis was running into walls all afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM Forums mobile app
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#202 » by LloydFree » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:03 am

Lou_23 wrote:I´m very happy that Korver decided to play for Bucks, Korkmaz it is here for his decision. Yeah! :D

I'm glad Korver chose the Bucks, so he he can turtle-up in the playoffs, like he does every year.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#203 » by Aussiepiston1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:03 am

Great win, although it was without Bledsoe and we did let up at the end.
I still think we need to start Burke at PG with Simmons at PF with Horford coming off the bench.
Hopefully Brett has figured out the struggles against the zone.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,082

Post#204 » by Sixerscan » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:04 am

ankle420breaker wrote:I was at the game. Packed house, the Center was rocking.

Brett got the better of Budenholzer for a change. Giannis was running into walls all afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM Forums mobile app

A+ regular season crowd. Lot of fun.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#205 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:28 am

the_process wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
The real Santa was a Turk. True story.

**** me! I knew he was from the Mediterranean area but I assumed Italy.

At the time he lived the area St.Nicholas was born in was under Greek control. So he was Greek. But nowadays the area is part of Turkey.

You guys... Santa is from the North Pole... :wink:
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#206 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:32 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
DaSixers wrote:I want us to get the 2nd seed to avoid indiana with olidipo in round 1.. indiana likely gets 5th or 6th seed and i think its vital to avoid a bloodbath round 1 matchup

Sounding damn right optimistic in this thread, whatever your on keep taking it.

ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,076

Post#207 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:03 am

DaSixers wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
DaSixers wrote:I want us to get the 2nd seed to avoid indiana with olidipo in round 1.. indiana likely gets 5th or 6th seed and i think its vital to avoid a bloodbath round 1 matchup

Sounding damn right optimistic in this thread, whatever your on keep taking it.

On an effort high

When I see the sixers give it, it usually puts out an incredible product.. then I see them next game when they dont care anymore and it crumbles. But Im going to try to keep sights set on playofds now that I think we do have a other gear, still worried about our 2 weaknesses of brown a d simmons tho

Well don't get too high on the highs, and too low on the lows.

They won't be making shots like they did today alot, I mean we shot 48% from 3, but it was nice to see the potential. They do have another gear, but your problems with Ben and BB won't really go away. Well I will say, maybe the problems will go away faster with BB than Ben, cause Ben will take a while if it ever happens.

In the end, we can all be happy with a great win on a great day, Merry Christmas.
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 210

Post#208 » by ConstableChaos » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:27 am

Simmons with a sneaky 15pt (7/10), 7brs 14 ast 2 to 3 stl 2 blk against the number one seed and spending the majority of the game with a DPOTY candidate on him.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,372

Post#209 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:31 am

the_process wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
The real Santa was a Turk. True story.

**** me! I knew he was from the Mediterranean area but I assumed Italy.

At the time he lived the area St.Nicholas was born in was under Greek control. So he was Greek. But nowadays the area is part of Turkey.

To further clarify, now the area is part of Turkey. Back then in the time St. Nicholas lived (~500AD) it was part of the Roman/Byzantine Empire, which was Greek speaking.

But the people are still the same for all intents and purposes, except that they converted their religion to Islam and language to Turkish after being conquered by the Ottoman Turks.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,934

Post#210 » by kuclas » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:07 am

ConstableChaos wrote:Simmons with a sneaky 15pt (7/10), 7brs 14 ast 2 to 3 stl 2 blk against the number one seed and spending the majority of the game with a DPOTY candidate on him.

Giannis barley guarding Simmons. He’s more the roamer when Simmons in the half court. So i wouldn’t put much into whoever is guarding Simmons.

Simmons game is transition offense which he had a few excellent passes and finishes. He said beat Giannis off the dribble in one half court set. But that’s because embiid draws so much attention. Even the announcers pointed it out.

But overall a good game by Simmons. Not much to complain about.

Heck embiid was on fire. He was at one point 11 for 16? He missed his final 5 shots. The entire sixers team went cold after they took the 29 point lead. I was having flashbacks of the blown 19 point lead against denver earlier this year. When Milwaukee crept back into the game in single digits. But Harris 3 sealed it essentially.

Sixers just like to make it interesting. Can’t put teams away until literally the final 60 seconds it seems. No lead is safe with the sixers.
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 210

Post#211 » by ConstableChaos » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:52 am

kuclas wrote:
ConstableChaos wrote:Simmons with a sneaky 15pt (7/10), 7brs 14 ast 2 to 3 stl 2 blk against the number one seed and spending the majority of the game with a DPOTY candidate on him.

Giannis barley guarding Simmons. He’s more the roamer when Simmons in the half court. So i wouldn’t put much into whoever is guarding Simmons.

Simmons game is transition offense which he had a few excellent passes and finishes. He said beat Giannis off the dribble in one half court set. But that’s because embiid draws so much attention. Even the announcers pointed it out.

Heck embiid was on fire. He was at one point 11 for 16? He missed his final 5 shots. The entire sixers team went cold after they took the 29 point lead. I was having flashbacks of the blown 19 point lead against denver earlier this year. When Milwaukee crept back into the game in single digits. But Harris 3 sealed it essentially.

Sixers just like to make it interesting. Can’t put teams away until literally the final 60 seconds it seems. No lead is safe with the sixers.

Massive help that everyone in the team hits shots, and alos Embiid looking like the DPOTY.

If Simmons is the maestro and all the sections are playing perfectly, you get an opera.

If Simmons needs to pick up an instrument, it's like a middle schoolers music recital
rulebook
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#212 » by rulebook » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:44 am

ConstableChaos wrote:
kuclas wrote:

Massive help that everyone in the team hits shots, and alos Embiid looking like the DPOTY.

If Simmons is the maestro and all the sections are playing perfectly, you get an opera.

If Simmons needs to pick up an instrument, it's like a middle schoolers music recital

Now this I like
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,879

Post#213 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:37 am

Bud started zoning and running 2 man games with GHill/Middleton with Giannis, late game. Not adjusting early and playing the way we wanted them to play put them in a big hole.

You watch how Ben and Al played like a wall on defense (celtics defense against Giannis), whenever Biid sat on the bench.

This is how peak Embiid should play. Having an ELITE perimeter game, being selective of his post and mid range and having more energy on defense
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#214 » by nurseryc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:57 am

Simmons simply incredible tonight
76ciology
RealGM

Post#215 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:23 am

nurseryc wrote:Simmons simply incredible tonight

He’s great on blow out games, teams playing not 100% and against crappy teams. Im saying this as constructive criticism.

He should play like this on high pressured games
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
SavageBel
Starter
And1: 269

Post#216 » by SavageBel » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:00 am

76ciology wrote:

He’s great on blow out games, teams playing not 100% and against crappy teams. Im saying this as constructive criticism.

How was this not a high pressured game?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#217 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:44 am

SavageBel wrote:
76ciology wrote:

How was this not a high pressured game?

Maybe this is considered high pressure for you. But we blew the game wide open in the first half. Bucks aren’t even playing hard. It’s just a regular season game. A win or loss this game isnt different from a win or loss against the Bobcats. That is my standard.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#218 » by VDT » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:05 am

People overreact to wins and losses all the time.

We have the personnel to defend Gianni but i dont like that we have to depend on jumpers to score against them.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,819

Post#219 » by kriss73 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:14 am

Two things were on display yesterday:
1. We have the tools to slow down Giannis
2. We need one more shooter to comfortably beat the zone defense.

Imho Thybulle is the key for the match up with the Celtics and Kork for the matchup with the Bucks
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,843

Post#220 » by phillynative » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:41 pm

[quote="kriss73"]Two things were on display yesterday:
1. We have the tools to slow down Giannis
2. We need one more shooter to comfortably beat the zone defense.

Imho Thybulle is the key for the match up with the Celtics and Kork for the matchup with the Bucks[/quote]

How are those players important to those matchups?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers