ImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Discussion III: For Fultz and going forward (see 2017 draft thread for trade discussion)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Mrcrockpots
Junior
And1: 172

Re: Markelle Fultz Discussion III 

Post#221 » by Mrcrockpots » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:35 am

Christmas time seems like a good bet right now. Like others have said, zero need to rush Fultz back until he's 100% ready to let it fire from 3.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#222 » by LloydFree » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:20 pm

James40 wrote:It’s only a few fans on this forum questioning his mental fortitude, y’all act like it’s 3/4’s of the city for Christ’s sake. Lloyd doesn’t count since he didn’t like Fultz pick in the first place.
Two or three fans that’s it. It’s not the end of world.

The Sixers have nothing but themselves to blame, he’s healthy but doesn’t practice? WTF does that even mean? I’m being fair about the situation but anyone has the right to question why the number 1 pick who is 100% healthy from a shoulder injury still can’t practice with the team that seems a little strange that’s all.

Correct. Don't put me in that bag. I didn't think he was any good in the first place. :lol:

I don't think being held out of practice has anything to do with his mental state or the injury. I believe he is being held out of organized practice so the Media can't have access to him for interviews. Team policy. They don't make players available to the media, who are not practicing.

They don't want him explaining this debacle, because there is no good explanation that won't make the Front Office look stupid. Personally, I can't wait. Colangelo deserves to wear this debacle in front of everybody. It was his pick.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Mrcrockpots
Junior
And1: 172

Post#223 » by Mrcrockpots » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:57 pm

LloydFree wrote:
James40 wrote:It’s only a few fans on this forum questioning his mental fortitude, y’all act like it’s 3/4’s of the city for Christ’s sake. Lloyd doesn’t count since he didn’t like Fultz pick in the first place.
Two or three fans that’s it. It’s not the end of world.

The Sixers have nothing but themselves to blame, he’s healthy but doesn’t practice? WTF does that even mean? I’m being fair about the situation but anyone has the right to question why the number 1 pick who is 100% healthy from a shoulder injury still can’t practice with the team that seems a little strange that’s all.

Correct. Don't put me in that bag. I didn't think he was any good in the first place. :lol:

I don't think being held out of practice has anything to do with his mental state or the injury. I believe he is being held out of organized practice so the Media can't have access to him for interviews. Team policy. They don't make players available to the media, who are not practicing.

They don't want him explaining this debacle, because there is no good explanation that won't make the Front Office look stupid. Personally, I can't wait. Colangelo deserves to wear this debacle in front of everybody. It was his pick.

We are on the opposite sides of Fultz, so agree to disagree there (I think he's going to be great). But I completely agree with you regarding BC keeping Fultz away from the media. The Fultz situation (like pretty much everything else BC has handled with his players as Sixers GM) has been completely botched from the beginning. Like you said, he deserves a major part of the blame for this one. IMO the biggest reason Fultz is "resting" longer is so he can hit the court running. In BC's mind, his (multiple) failures will be easier being swept under the rug if Fultz looks like he's a number one pick when he gets back on the court.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,868

Post#224 » by 76ciology » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:00 pm

3 weeks away from 3 weeks away
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#225 » by BigSleep333 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter

so he has no pain at all, but he gets 3 more weeks? THREE? this is a joke. his shot somehow broke over the summer and he isnt able to find his old stroke back is all i get from this. frustrating
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#226 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:25 pm

This is amazing. Gordon Hayward is out of his boot in less than two weeks. His foot almost fell off and it wouldn't shock me if he made his return ahead of Fultz despite the fact that his imbalance has been corrected and he feels no pain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
svnty6rs3
Veteran
And1: 3

Post#227 » by svnty6rs3 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:26 pm

so there is a chance he plays in approximately three weeks? good good ill take it.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#228 » by snoopdogg88 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:35 pm

Fultz is such a mental midget.

following him on social media is fascinating. he genuinely seems like one of the dumbest players I've ever seen
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#229 » by PhilasFinest » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:37 pm

If in 3 weeks he's not on the floor, I'm going to extremely disappointed and angry.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,281

Post#230 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:41 pm

We are in desperate need of a player with his abilities on this team. 3 weeks is just...ugh. We don't have to tank this year!
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#231 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:47 pm

LMFAOOOO plz some of you defend fultz and the org some more plz

This team and fultz are the biggest jokes in the NBA

Im out for a bit I think. This team is just incredibly stupid and quite frankly doesnt deserve success right now

100% healthy and gona re evaluate in 3 more weeks AGAIN lmfaooo
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#232 » by snoopdogg88 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:52 pm

it's because his shot is still broken and they know it.

i guarantee nothing has changed with his broken shot in the last month and a half

he's a mental midget
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#233 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:01 pm

Mental midget is 100% how I will refer to him from now on until he proves hes worth shedding that. Mental midget is a joke right now and for all I care at this point we can get another top 5 pick to then have sitout 2 years too. Joke of an org
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,994

Post#234 » by cool93 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:17 pm

I was really patient with this situation, but now i'm really pissed. It was long enough already to deal with this kind of injury If they said that he'll start practicing but they won't let him play I'll be fine with it. But he missed over a month, now they say pain is gone and he'll be EVALUATED again in 3 weeks.

I can't make any conclusions like some posters here, cause we really don't have info, but I am really pissed off and won't understand anyone who is cool with this situation, cause it's a complete joke right now.

Sent from my C101010 Ultra2 using RealGM mobile app
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#235 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:21 pm

Great news, he’s 3 weeks closer to being out for the season
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#236 » by smittybanton » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:23 pm

this is weird. conspiracy theory: did we have to draft him as part of a trade that can't be consummated until after the 15th? I'm searching for anything. been watching basketball a long time, from professional to five on fives in the park, and i can't recall seeing this before.

i still believe he fell off a dirtbike in violation of the team's insurance rider. i hate the philly press for being always negative in opinion, but never having the balls to persistently ask questions. the only one who does asks clown questions.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#237 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:31 pm

I wonder when Silver will step in, this is making the league look bad. Sitting kids out longer then necessary. Sixer might start another trend here
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,135

Post#238 » by Negrodamus » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:41 pm

So he jacked up his form. Hope all this time off has fixed it. We need him badly right now.
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#239 » by KrazySixersD » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:49 pm

I think all of you need to abandone the playoff hopes this year as I am finally starting to do. All the **** I talked and bets I made are gona come back to bite me but thats what I get for believing in this joke of a franchise.

I will never ever make that mistake again. I wish embiid would come out and publicly blast this org. Embiid is damn near the only person affiliated with this franchise that I fully respect and believe in
Misteclipse
Junior
And1: 375

Re: RE: Re: Markelle Fultz Discussion III 

Post#240 » by Misteclipse » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:00 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:I think all of you need to abandone the playoff hopes this year as I am finally starting to do. All the **** I talked and bets I made are gona come back to bite me but thats what I get for believing in this joke of a franchise.

I will never ever make that mistake again. I wish embiid would come out and publicly blast this org. Embiid is damn near the only person affiliated with this franchise that I fully respect and believe in
And you have the nerve to call other people mental midgets get it together

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Return to Philadelphia 76ers